Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

fluid dynamic bearings are most important as the fans are in horizontal
PC gamer fans work well as some are high volume & low Db

Thank you Sara.

Thats why I chose noctua. They call it SSO-bearing, but its the same thing. They are also reliable workhorses with low noise.
65,8 m³/h (=~38 CFM) 7,4 dB(A) 0,51 mm H2O for NF-S12A
63,4 m³/h (=~37 CFM) 12,6 dB(A 1,21 mm H2O for NF-P12

But I guess I will go with P-series, its the middle groud between S and F series.
Noctua.at - sound-optimised premium components "Designed in Austria"!

Otherwise rather good led. Plants look good. I kinda dislike that TopLed doesnt show ratio of led, but what do I know about them? Might be hebrew all I know.

Thats why I chose noctua. They call it SSO-bearing, but its the same thing. They are also reliable workhorses with low noise.

But I guess I will go with P-series, its the middle groud between S and F series.

Otherwise rather good led. Plants look good. I kinda dislike that TopLed doesnt show ratio of led, but what do I know about them? Might be hebrew all I know.

I did the same modification on mine, for this model i was told you need 60CFM minimum and used the first noctua fan you were looking at the nf-s12a. It's an improvement but its not silent by any means. The FLX model comes with two speed controlling adapters and a molex adapter. The fan inside the unit runs with a 2-pin connector, and the new fan has a 3 pin connector so you will have to either get an adapter or what i did was take apart the molex adapter that came with the noctua and soldered the male connection from the old fan on to it.

You will also want to look at minimizing the vibrations, which the design of this light does not help with. Below the fan there are two hard plastic spacers on the fan mounts, those can be replace with rubber or something that can withstand some heat. The posts that the fan sits on can also be covered with a couple of layers of heat-shrink tubing and also the screws that hold the fan in can have rubber washers to help dampen things a bit.

Im in a rush so sorry if i've been unclear about something.

Any questions etc feel free, i can take some pics and/or write it up a bit more detailed for you.

I did the same modification on mine, for this model i was told you need 60CFM minimum and used the first noctua fan you were looking at the nf-s12a. It's an improvement but its not silent by any means. The FLX model comes with two speed controlling adapters and a molex adapter. The fan inside the unit runs with a 2-pin connector, and the new fan has a 3 pin connector so you will have to either get an adapter or what i did was take apart the molex adapter that came with the noctua and soldered the male connection from the old fan on to it.

OK, thanks. Good info. They didn't say anything about static requirement? Because blowing through cooling fins would require some static pressure.

You will also want to look at minimizing the vibrations, which the design of this light does not help with. Below the fan there are two hard plastic spacers on the fan mounts, those can be replace with rubber or something that can withstand some heat. The posts that the fan sits on can also be covered with a couple of layers of heat-shrink tubing and also the screws that hold the fan in can have rubber washers to help dampen things a bit.

Yup, I will line whole cabinet with sound dampening foam and use anti-vibration means if possible. Silicone washers, hanging thinks with rubber bands

Any questions etc feel free, i can take some pics and/or write it up a bit more detailed for you.

I'm ok. It's a fan. How hard it can be? I will be assisted by friend who is electrician. I'm just engineer...

OK, thanks. Good info. They didn't say anything about static requirement? Because blowing through cooling fins would require some static pressure.

Yup, I will line whole cabinet with sound dampening foam and use anti-vibration means if possible. Silicone washers, hanging thinks with rubber bands

I'm ok. It's a fan. How hard it can be? I will be assisted by friend who is electrician. I'm just engineer...

I wasn't told anything about static pressure requirements. There are no fins as such, its sucking air onto a flat sheet of metal. Maybe its a good idea to wait for Sara to confirm the exact stats you need for the fan, i can however say that with the changes i made its been running for almost 2 months now and hasn't died yet, and doesn't seem to run any hotter than with the stock fan.

Had to jump in on page 420. Congrats Sara on this long journey. I emailed Viky today about the lights I am getting. Hope you can ship to different address other than paypal address. While I am out of state a friend has agreed to receive my lights for me. Talk to you soon. Thanks

Hi Mtn Dew,

sorry you can not get the light on time. it is our problem. I will give rights to Viky change your shipping address.

Have a great trip.:):circle-of-love:

Had to jump in on page 420. Congrats Sara on this long journey. I emailed Viky today about the lights I am getting. Hope you can ship to different address other than paypal address. While I am out of state a friend has agreed to receive my lights for me. Talk to you soon. Thanks

420 pages!!! Nice work Sara and Co. :high-five:

hahaha:circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

420pages. we will have more 420pages, help more growers:) I am happy to say: thanks for your support, all of you . thank you very much.

I am asking engineer now, will get back to you very fast.
Thank you Sara.

Page #420!

Sara, love the light. My girls are almost a week and luckily for me all 3 seeds sprouted. They've broken ground and are growing new leaves and your light is helping their stems become nice and strong. I turned on the fan yesterday because the stems looked strong enough.

Thank you Sara and team Topled!

Page #420!

Sara, love the light. My girls are almost a week and luckily for me all 3 seeds sprouted. They've broken ground and are growing new leaves and your light is helping their stems become nice and strong. I turned on the fan yesterday because the stems looked strong enough.

Thank you Sara and team Topled!
You are welcome Colesdad, I am happy your 3seeds sprouted.We are looking at them grow bigger and bigger:)

It is on this site I first discovered TopLedGrowLight.

I did a ton of research (like 6 months) before pulling the trigger on
the smallest MARS (3 W spectrum switchable) AKA 150 HID Watts

and a MARS II (5 W spectrum switchable) AKA 1600 HID Watts.

I'll verify the just under 800W real pull @ 120 VAC with all LEDs firing.

Don't even THINK of looking at the light without eye protection.

The functional equal to 1600 W will nuke your eyes faster than it
will peel the paint off the wall, for sure.

I put up a quick YouTube in my channel TcatHouser if
you really want to size this beast up.

The value and service is amazing, thanks to the entire team.

Tcat, thank you very much, I have sub your channel :)
It is on this site I first discovered TopLedGrowLight.

I did a ton of research (like 6 months) before pulling the trigger on
the smallest MARS (3 W spectrum switchable) AKA 150 HID Watts

and a MARS II (5 W spectrum switchable) AKA 1600 HID Watts.

I'll verify the just under 800W real pull @ 120 VAC with all LEDs firing.

Don't even THINK of looking at the light without eye protection.

The functional equal to 1600 W will nuke your eyes faster than it
will peel the paint off the wall, for sure.

I put up a quick YouTube in my channel TcatHouser if
you really want to size this beast up.

The value and service is amazing, thanks to the entire team.

Back
Top Bottom