Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

107 sq feet = 10 x 10 room (little more)

100 plants being squished in that small of a room sounds like a pest/fungus issue waiting to happen..

say one plant has a 1' x 1' (1 sq foot) area for its self, you will have no room to water or work/check on the plants.

i did just post a picture in my journal showing 45 plants in a 9' x 9' area with 4 1000W hps lighting them up. they are only two feet tall in that picture and are still a few weeks from flowering so will grow much taller and bushier making us have to add another 2 1000W lights for flower to expand the light pattern another 4feet.

i am interested in seeing 100 plants be grown in a 107 sq foot room though. possibly make a journal?

I&i

Thanks for your reply but no its not too crowded, my last grow was 5,5 sqm and i had 60 plants. Ever heard about SOG? I put between 20-25 plants every sqm in veg stage and when they are about 30 cm tall (12 inches) i move them to 9 liter pots and put between 10-12 plants on each squaremeter. I use a autopotsystem so i dont need to water them my self, I am not a professional grower but ive done this 2 times now and i never had any fungus or other bad stuff.. and if you are interested and want pictures send me your email and i will give you some pics :)

Hey SmokeSara do you have any discount codes for the month of October, I'm in the market to buy some lights

discount code is 420magazine but it is only available before 28th, so please order ASAP if you can. :) 3% discount you can get if you use that discount code.

from what i understand is the 28th was last day for their discount code. hope that helps you

I&i

Thanks for your reply but no its not too crowded, my last grow was 5,5 sqm and i had 60 plants. Ever heard about SOG? I put between 20-25 plants every sqm in veg stage and when they are about 30 cm tall (12 inches) i move them to 9 liter pots and put between 10-12 plants on each squaremeter. I use a autopotsystem so i dont need to water them my self, I am not a professional grower but ive done this 2 times now and i never had any fungus or other bad stuff.. and if you are interested and want pictures send me your email and i will give you some pics :)

hey nngg123, ive never packed that many in that small of a space so i was just contemplating out loud i guess, definitely didnt mean to sound like it was questioning you. but if your doing a "SCRoG" style grow then that will be why you havent experienced fungus, ive found with a SCRoG grow you have great air flow under neath and above the canopy allowing for no air to stay still ;) which i myself have became a huge fan of. (my first SCRoG style grow is the top link in my signature if you want to see pics) i will be going back to having 30 plants flowering in a 7' x 7' area after this SCRoG just so i can pick the best genes out of the 4 strains i have coming up from seed and pick my 4 mothers out of those 30.

and the SCRoG i have going (my first ever) is a shame compared to the greats here at 420mag. but CoFinest is the one ive been following on being taught the force of SCRoG ah haha ;)

I&i

Have a great holiday to me :))))) I will be back soon, if I can not get back to you fast during my holiday, please email to : forum@topledgrowlight.com or contact@topledgrowlight.com :high-five:

Hey SmokeSara do you have any discount codes for the month of October, I'm in the market to buy some lights

She's on holiday for 1 week, you might have better results using the contact email :)

I use rope ratchets so that I may raise and lower the LED light panels easily.
Light Hangers 1/8" Pair - Perfect Gardens

TopLed carries a similar product: YO YO HANGER
I have a set of these, and they also have the ratcheting action for raising and lowering the lights.

TopLed carries a similar product: YO YO HANGER
I have a set of these, and they also have the ratcheting action for raising and lowering the lights.

wow those are cheap, almost a third what i pay for them at our local grow shop.

however kingjohn is the same brand that i use and is about half price of the ones i buy..

how strong are yours antics? would hate to have a 32 lb light hanging from something that doesnt lock properly or what ever the case could be. maybe just use these for my t5 lights?

I&i

Anybody ever had a problem ordering, when I try to checkout it redirects me to PayPal and says, unable to process payment,please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid and the merchant has requested the order must be shipped to that address?

Anybody ever had a problem ordering, when I try to checkout it redirects me to PayPal and says, unable to process payment,please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid and the merchant has requested the order must be shipped to that address?

Just email Viky or Sara and ask for an invoice. They will email you an invoice and it will direct you to payment, either paypal or Credit Card. sales@topledgrowlight.com

Hi SmokeSara, I would like to order some lights and I live in Germany. The website says it is free worldwide shipping but then I have to pay "freight" which is more than 30% extra to Europe. Also if I buy two, the freight just doubles. Shouldn't it be cheaper shipping/freight the more you buy?

wow those are cheap, almost a third what i pay for them at our local grow shop.

however kingjohn is the same brand that i use and is about half price of the ones i buy..

how strong are yours antics? would hate to have a 32 lb light hanging from something that doesnt lock properly or what ever the case could be. maybe just use these for my t5 lights?

I&i

I bought this light: 100x3w led grow light
Total weight is 7.7lbs, 3.5kg. Light has been hanging for about 2 weeks now with zero problems. I tugged on them individually as I was playing with them and had no concerns about them supporting my light. The website says they are rated to hold 75lbs 34kg per ratchet.

There's an error in the paypal checkout system. I had the same problem. Just click LOG OUT on their website, complete the checkout process as a guest, and that should work without any problems.

I bought this light: 100x3w led grow light
Total weight is 7.7lbs, 3.5kg. Light has been hanging for about 2 weeks now with zero problems. I tugged on them individually as I was playing with them and had no concerns about them supporting my light. The website says they are rated to hold 75lbs 34kg per ratchet.

There's an error in the paypal checkout system. I had the same problem. Just click LOG OUT on their website, complete the checkout process as a guest, and that should work without any problems.

Wow thx a lot it worked perfectly, I figured someone in here had a problem before

Im in the UK and Ive bought the MARSII 1200w using ebay and it arrived damaged which Im not too happy about....Im further not happy to be fobbed off time and time again about sending spare parts to me and fix myself. I bought new so I want new. The case is damaged and the lights aren't lighting up as they should. Then to be given an excuse of you cant guarantee delivery of goods to be working....Come on somebody help me out here. I just want a light that works!!! I must also point out that my plants are about to go into flower and I spent my money on your unit so I would appreciate some speedy help Sara to get this sorted.

Ive put images in the gallery!!!

We recommend HPS power = LED draw power, but not the max power.

Hello sara and thanks for your reply. and yes i agree with you i also think HPS power = LED draw power. That will mean that a mars 1200w with draw power 580 is equal to HPS 600w. But tell me how come you then save electricity with LED? If draw power is same as HPS then it will draw almost the same. The main advantage of using LED is that they generate less heat than HPS. do you know the coveage of mars 1200w? the coverage for 600w HPS is 1,2x1,2m or 4x4 foot. is mars 1200w close to that?

I plan on purchasing several lights from TOP LED soon, but I have a couple of questions before I commit to buying them.

This will be a soil grow in an 8' x 4' grow tent and I will be using a SCROG to cover 6 plants in either 5 or 10 gallon containers. I'm having trouble deciding between the MARS II or Reflector series. I will either be purchasing three MARS II 900W LED lights or six 300W Reflector LED lights. From what I've read, the reflector lights would be fine for a grow like this using a SCROG. I like the idea of having several panels that I can hang at different levels to accommodate the plants when they grow at different heights and the fact that they have a switchable spectrum, and I think with six of these light panels the plants would be very happy.

However, almost everything I've read about the MARS II lights really makes them seem like they might be a better choice. Obviously the 5W LEDs have a better penetration, but I don't think that will matter with the grow I will have. I know the 5W LEDs generate more heat, but in this case I don't know if the reflector LEDs would create more heat. Would six 300W reflector lights pose a heat problem? I will have two intake fans adjustable from 250CFM to 500CFM and one 460CFM fan with a carbon filter pulling air out.

Also, will TOPLED ever offer another discount code? I've seen these lights offered by sellers on dhgate at about the same price they would have been with the 420magazine discount code, but I'd rather buy them from TOPLED.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :thanks:

personally I'd go with the marsII even on a SCROG the higher light intensity is gonna pay off with longer denser colas .
as for the discount wait till sara is back from holiday & contact her by PM
she gave me a good price for multiples paid by a direct paypal payment & I got them in days
(this was at a time there was no discount as well )
the TOPled warehouse in the US is in the L.A. area
there's alotta MarsII knockoffs so take care with who you order from
Sara has said there is a issue with counterfeit mars pages back she showed some pix of some of the knockoffs

a quick question to the more experienced growers? I know that encompasses over 99.999% of the growers here, but I asking the ones who have experience with MH and HPS lights.) I keep hearing that a HID lamp equals the actual draw of a LED lamp. So does a 600W HID lamp actually put out 600W of light, and if so where does the watts that are converted to heat come from? I just wondered about this for some time and thought I'd ask. Thanks to all. Dan

Back
Top Bottom