Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Good evening Hiker,
It is the "surface mount technology - SMD" we are using for the new light, it is an advanced assembling techology, which has a higher efficiency and less defect when soldering the lights. Also we can mix the different spectrum more easily together, so the penetration is better. :circle-of-love:

Thank you Sara. :Namaste:

I'll have to go look again, but I could have swore all the LEDs in my other lights are already smd devices. :hmmmm:

I'm very familiar with that tech. I've programmed the pick and place machines used to place those (amoung MANY tasks) for more than manufacturer. :)

BTW, I'm planning to just call FedEx today and just pay them. It really bothers me that they pull this, but I can't have them damaging my credit report. I STRONGLY urge you stop doing business with them. After this incident, I'm boycotting them forever. Reading the responses to BBB filings makes me think they don't really care about their customers and make it standard business practice to adjust pricing after the fact and then demand payment. Any other business would go under if they tried to pull this crap. F*** YOU Fedex!

OK sorry off my soapbox :blalol:

Anyone experienced with this LEDs wants to give me some advice for my 2x2m room? I would normally place 3x600W HPS there, but im new to LED.

Thanks.

4 Mars II 400's would rock that space IMHO. :thumb:

Anyone experienced with this LEDs wants to give me some advice for my 2x2m room? I would normally place 3x600W HPS there, but im new to LED.

Thanks.

i know you want to go with the 5w series, but you will get better coverage with a 144x3 Reflector. i would personally get 3 of these for a 6x6 area. 4 would be amazing, but 3 would do.

if you really want the 5w, i would say get a mars 2 1600 and add two 144x3 reflectors (one on each side of the 1600)

im personally running a 5w and a 3w and i dont see any real difference in the penetration, the 3w is a full red spectrum and seems 2x as bright as the full spectrum mars 1600 im running right beside it, there is more red that penetrates through the canopy and when i take pictures the red stands out more then the blues and whites from the mars 1600.

now this could be a trick on the eyes, this is just what i can see with my own eyes.

i am curious on how full red spectrum mars 1600 5w would do, but i do believe you would have to have it sitting higher up then the 1600 (12-18 inch canopy distance) the full red just seems like a overkill, i will be doing a experiment with it in this next grow i just got set up, current flower is 4 days from chop, and the other area is a few days in flower with one plant coming up on week 3.

new flower tent will have
1 600w horitlux hps
1 160x3w full red spectrum mars-hydro
1 mars 2 1600x5w full spectrum

the mars 2 1600 pulls 700w from the wall if i remember correctly so the only real little guy i got going is the 160x3w which i dont know what it pulls from the wall but it is a bright one.

some growers would say if you want to replace 3 600w systems to get 3 mars 1600 but you wont get a 6 foot coverage without having the option of having a bigger light casing which is why i recommend the 144x3w

I&i

I'll have to go look again, but I could have swore all the LEDs in my other lights are already smd devices. :hmmmm:

I'm very familiar with that tech. I've programmed the pick and place machines used to place those (amoung MANY tasks) for more than manufacturer. :)

BTW, I'm planning to just call FedEx today and just pay them. It really bothers me that they pull this, but I can't have them damaging my credit report. I STRONGLY urge you stop doing business with them. After this incident, I'm boycotting them forever. Reading the responses to BBB filings makes me think they don't really care about their customers and make it standard business practice to adjust pricing after the fact and then demand payment. Any other business would go under if they tried to pull this crap. F*** YOU Fedex!

5w and cheaper. nice call. this would be your best bet in my opinion as well

I&i

hi sara. I'm turning my leds on tonight. fingers crossed.

it's crazy that the "competition" is going that far to steal your sales.

what do you need from someone in canada?

Hey all, a little background on my Bay 11 clones. The first picture the clones are 5 days old from the CClub. Both clones were rooted in 2 inch rockwool cubes (fully rooted, with beautiful white roots). I took them home and immediately transplanted them into 3/4 gallon (.71 technically) pots. I didn't water/feed the pots for 10 days(very aerated soil with coco, and perlite), the next watering 4/5 days. The first week or so is very uneventful on top of the soil, but so much going on underneath. I start my clones around 32 or so inches away and slowly drop the Mars II 400 to normal range, 18 inches or so(currently 19"). I could of went smaller pots, but a week later I would be transplanting again. Today is the beginning of Day 15 and roots completely consumed the soil, transferred to 3 gal smart pots this morning. Tips with clones early on from the club. Baby them for the first 7-10 days, they will be growing above ground, but slowly since roots are establishing. I went ten days(crazy right) without watering, but overwatering is a HUGE NO NO, especially with sensitive genetics like FIRE OG or Blueberry, and many other strains. Last grow, I went three weeks before transplanting and it was a little too long so 15 days right about perfect, they could of went another day or two, but not worth stunting/impairing growth especially since they are just starting to really grow fast. Keep it Green.

Bay_11_Clones_1_.JPG

5 days from club, they were 5 inches tall when purchased, in the picture, right about 7.5 inches.

P1040803.JPG

Day 14 pic from yesterday

P1040804.JPG

Day 14 too

P1040812.JPG

And today in there final pots. Last grow, I didn't experience ANY transplant shock, they didn't skip a beat. I do throw in some mycorrhizae directly under rootball as directed which is highly recommended. I also massage my roots, good times. :peace:

Dear Pantar, regarding your space and needs, I would recommend 4x700w mars II, which can cover your space for flower quite well. I will send an PM to you for more information, please check it. :):circle-of-love:
Hello,
I want to upgrade my HPS for a 6'x6' (2mx2m=4m^2) room with an hydroponic ebb and flow system to your leds Mars II (5W LED) series. I would like some advice about what models to buy, i hear its better to have a couple smaller ones than one big, and that sounds just great for my needs (transport, scalability, etc).
I cant send PMs, but if you can send me more details with price here or by PM ill check it asap, i use skype a lot so if you want to talk faster there im up for it, im in EU and you seem to have a warehouse in my country.
I will document all stages of the grow room in this forum and others.

Thanks!

Dear OttawaGreen, we have one LED bar light special for veg, 24x3w (40w), coverage is around: 1'x4' please email me :high-five:
Question for you: do you make a veg specific led light? I am thinking of getting a cheap one for my veg cabinet but it will never need to bloom so would rather full output in veg spectrum. Would need to be wide spread and work close to plants as cabinet is two layer and short. Looking for something low power - right now 4x20w fluorescent tubes on each shelf

What do you think?

Hello inspector, thanks for helping me :high-five:, but as Ottawa's space is not allowed, the best and cheapest option will be our LED bar light, we do not sell them on our website, but we have them. It is one kind of light special for veg. :circle-of-love:
If you look at them on there web page you can select any of the Mars II up to the 1200 watt for Veg only .. they charge an 80$ up charge for the 400w & 700w, 90$ for the 900w, and 100$ for the 1200w.. hope this helps.. don't forget to use the coupon for 5% off.

That's a good idea :volcano-smiley:
I was just going to say the same thing. My Veg cabinet was two shelves. I took the top one out when I went from CFL to LED so I would have the room. If you are just using the one space you might consider taking out the top shelf. IMO the growth you would get from an LED vs Florescent would probably make up for the loss of the shelf space.

Thanks.
You can go with our mars II 700w :high-five:

Oh sorry I miss the little "m", so as it is 2mx2m space, which is around 6.5'x6.5', I would like to recommend 4 of our mars II 700w, to get a coverage of 7'x7'. :circle-of-love:
You can go with our mars II 700w :high-five:

Hello,
Thanks everyone for the answers, you gave me nice ideas. I have already bought a 1200W Mars 2, im going to mix it up with some HPS and if the results are good i will get some more LEDs in few months.
I have few questions though, whats the ambient heat difference between this LEDs and HPS in ºC?
The reflectors seem like a good idea, you would switch lights on and off for veg and bloom right? Any performance gains?

Thanks!

Right now I have three dwc large plants in there and 6 seedlings and 5 clones. Can't afford to lose the space.
Due to the fact I have a separate veg and bloom area the plants can veg for the entire 10 weeks of bloom time so they fill all available space in that time anyway...
That's a hard decision to make, isn't it? :love: But with the bar led light, problem solved. :high-five:

So I wasn't originally going to post anything here, but I was treated as well I could hope from any company having issues with shipping. The day after I placed my order I had an email, Very communicative, friendly and gave timely responces. I am by no means a patient person. I can wait for plants but in life I do not wait.

Took almost a Month and a half but because of the amazing customer services given to me, and the incredible price I am very happy that I bought a Mars Hydro. Sure it may be from China but hey, they really do do good business. I like to keep local usually but aside from building my own i would be SOL.

So here is my 5 star rating for Mars Hydro, Lucy and Sara. Thank you ladies it really was a pleasure. Now I will build you a grow and show the world the awesome strength and power of a LED panel. I'm thinking tumbler tomatoes, gherkins, and some spicy peppers. :)
It is our pleasure to help you. :circle-of-love: Usually the shipping time will be within one week, but as special times like we run out of stock or our containers being stock, we will have to wait for more time. Hope you can understand. :Namaste::high-five:

i know you want to go with the 5w series, but you will get better coverage with a 144x3 Reflector. i would personally get 3 of these for a 6x6 area. 4 would be amazing, but 3 would do.

if you really want the 5w, i would say get a mars 2 1600 and add two 144x3 reflectors (one on each side of the 1600)

im personally running a 5w and a 3w and i dont see any real difference in the penetration, the 3w is a full red spectrum and seems 2x as bright as the full spectrum mars 1600 im running right beside it, there is more red that penetrates through the canopy and when i take pictures the red stands out more then the blues and whites from the mars 1600.

now this could be a trick on the eyes, this is just what i can see with my own eyes.

i am curious on how full red spectrum mars 1600 5w would do, but i do believe you would have to have it sitting higher up then the 1600 (12-18 inch canopy distance) the full red just seems like a overkill, i will be doing a experiment with it in this next grow i just got set up, current flower is 4 days from chop, and the other area is a few days in flower with one plant coming up on week 3.

new flower tent will have
1 600w horitlux hps
1 160x3w full red spectrum mars-hydro
1 mars 2 1600x5w full spectrum

the mars 2 1600 pulls 700w from the wall if i remember correctly so the only real little guy i got going is the 160x3w which i dont know what it pulls from the wall but it is a bright one.

some growers would say if you want to replace 3 600w systems to get 3 mars 1600 but you wont get a 6 foot coverage without having the option of having a bigger light casing which is why i recommend the 144x3w

I&i
Hey Gfcollective, :volcano-smiley: nice point!

Hello b.real, happy to see you here. :circle-of-love: we had small favor to ask, but we have found one friend to help now, so never mind. :volcano-smiley: Happy Growing :cheer:
For the company selling the lights with our design, we do not care them, we just don't wanna any of you my friends to be cheated and buy the bad products. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
hi sara. I'm turning my leds on tonight. fingers crossed.

it's crazy that the "competition" is going that far to steal your sales.

what do you need from someone in canada?

In fact, IMO every express company is more or less the same, and the best we can do is to give you better package to protect our lights from being damaged during delivery. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wow, your babies is gonna rock:goodjob:, thanks for sharing JohnnieJC3. :cheer::cheer:
Hey all, a little background on my Bay 11 clones. The first picture the clones are 5 days old from the CClub. Both clones were rooted in 2 inch rockwool cubes (fully rooted, with beautiful white roots). I took them home and immediately transplanted them into 3/4 gallon (.71 technically) pots. I didn't water/feed the pots for 10 days(very aerated soil with coco, and perlite), the next watering 4/5 days. The first week or so is very uneventful on top of the soil, but so much going on underneath. I start my clones around 32 or so inches away and slowly drop the Mars II 400 to normal range, 18 inches or so(currently 19"). I could of went smaller pots, but a week later I would be transplanting again. Today is the beginning of Day 15 and roots completely consumed the soil, transferred to 3 gal smart pots this morning. Tips with clones early on from the club. Baby them for the first 7-10 days, they will be growing above ground, but slowly since roots are establishing. I went ten days(crazy right) without watering, but overwatering is a HUGE NO NO, especially with sensitive genetics like FIRE OG or Blueberry, and many other strains. Last grow, I went three weeks before transplanting and it was a little too long so 15 days right about perfect, they could of went another day or two, but not worth stunting/impairing growth especially since they are just starting to really grow fast. Keep it Green.

Bay_11_Clones_1_.JPG

5 days from club, they were 5 inches tall when purchased, in the picture, right about 7.5 inches.

P1040803.JPG

Day 14 pic from yesterday

P1040804.JPG

Day 14 too

P1040812.JPG

And today in there final pots. Last grow, I didn't experience ANY transplant shock, they didn't skip a beat. I do throw in some mycorrhizae directly under rootball as directed which is highly recommended. I also massage my roots, good times. :peace:

Hello,
Thanks everyone for the answers, you gave me nice ideas. I have already bought a 1200W Mars 2, im going to mix it up with some HPS and if the results are good i will get some more LEDs in few months.
I have few questions though, whats the ambient heat difference between this LEDs and HPS in ºC?
The reflectors seem like a good idea, you would switch lights on and off for veg and bloom right? Any performance gains?

Thanks!
Thanks Pantar:circle-of-love: Hope you can receive the light soon and like it. :) For the tempretares, usually our lights is cool to touch (around 20ºC). It is much cooler than HPS, therefore, when you use LED lights, you don't need so much water and nutrients, but more cal and mag :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom