Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hello TexasBest, welcome to :420: family . and thanks for sharing us your light photos. :circle-of-love: I love the secound picture with different light color. :thumb:
Just purchased the Mars Hydro 192x3 light. Check out the light spectrum when I crack my grow room door.....
91dvJ0jXnvL_SL1500_.jpg
IMG_015935.jpg

Good evening K0cept:circle-of-love:
I use a 144x3 for my veg tent and its in a 2.7 x 5ft Growlab Tent, and I only use the light in veg mode.. And yes in Bloom and Flower they will be at 250w or a little more.. 3 of those in a 5x5 I think would work really well.. I have just 1 in a 2.7 x 5 ft and if I had one more in there I think it would be perfect :)

Hello everyone here, we are going to attend the Canabis Cup in LA/San Bernardino from Feb. 7th ~8th this weekend. :circle-of-love: Everyone is welcome to visit our booth. :cheer::cheer:

Good evening Boxd Wine :Namaste:
Texas Beast,
What size tent are you using your 192x3 over? Does it put off much heat?

That is good news. :cheer: Can you share some pictures some time with us MarkC? :Namaste:
Got my latest order of reflector 144x3's that gives me 8 of those and 1 192x3. making bud baby!

3 of our 50 States have made it legal to grow and use. :cheesygrinsmiley:

But the Federal government still doesn't allow it, so banks aren't allowed to do business with cannabis businesses, even though it's legal. Very hard to only use cash.

Haha, it is already a very big step forward. :goodjob: I am pretty sure the freedom is on the way. :cheesygrinsmiley:
3 of our 50 States have made it legal to grow and use. :cheesygrinsmiley:

But the Federal government still doesn't allow it, so banks aren't allowed to do business with cannabis businesses, even though it's legal. Very hard to only use cash.

Where has this figure of 35w per square foot come from? I keep reading it on this thread, and i've never seen it anywhere else. Almost all grow room calculators and experienced growers i've come across advise between 40 and 60w, with 50 being optimum.

I'm not saying they're right, i just have no idea where 35 has come from :hmmmm:

There is a thread in named "The basics of plants lighting", you can find it in "Grow lighting". It describes a lot useful informaitons you need to know. :cheesygrinsmiley: :circle-of-love:

KingJohnC is also a very experienced growner, always gives us useful advices. :cheesygrinsmiley:

@Hosebomber in his The Basics Of Plant Lighting stated the minimum currently required

"The following is a MINIMUM light requirement for productive growth in the flowering stage:
CFL: 65 watts per square foot
HPS/MH: 50 watts per square foot
LED: 35 watts per square foot"

I currently believe the minimum equivalent for LED light panels to properly flower cannabis and equal High Intensity Discharge Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium lights harvest quantity but have superior quality lies around the low 37-43 actual watts per square foot area. It has been suggested higher actual watt per square foot amounts may equal larger harvest with superior quality.

Thank you kindly!

:thumb:
@Hosebomber in his The Basics Of Plant Lighting stated the minimum currently required

"The following is a MINIMUM light requirement for productive growth in the flowering stage:

I currently believe the minimum equivalent for LED light panels to properly flower cannabis and equal High Intensity Discharge Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium lights harvest quantity but have superior quality lies around the low 37-43 actual watts per square foot area. It has been suggested higher actual watt per square foot amounts may equal larger harvest with superior quality.

Thank you kindly!

Thank you kindly!

Sorry if my post sometimes comes across as ungrateful because I am truly very thankful for the that sooooooo many of you give such great help. The main reason I think i get frustrated with some of these statements/equations is because the are simply not defined well.

What does productive growth mean?
Why are watt equations used vs PAR?
When using Watt equations why is not the actual time integrated into it. IE total Kwatts used?

Not trying to be difficult here and rock the boat but as Tech PM, THESE are the simple questions I would ask team on a new project.

Sincerely :)
WG

Sorry if my post sometimes comes across as ungrateful because I am truly very thankful for the that sooooooo many of you give such great help. The main reason I think i get frustrated with some of these statements/equations is because the are simply not defined well.

What does productive growth mean?
Why are watt equations used vs PAR?
When using Watt equations why is not the actual time integrated into it. IE total Kwatts used?

Not trying to be difficult here and rock the boat but as Tech PM, THESE are the simple questions I would ask team on a new project.

Sincerely :)
WG

I never mind questions!

1) I define productive growth as producing vigorous flowering vegetation. When a illumination source is either too far from the plant or too weak to produce productive growth a plant begins making light airy popcorn bud instead of dense large buds.

2) While PAR ratings can tell you the amount of illumination a object is getting at measured distances a PAR meter is expensive equipment. PAR also does not measure either Ultra Violet or Infra Red light only the narrow bad of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers. Actual watt per square foot recommendations are more easily used to calculate power needed for coverage.

https://en.wikipedia.org Photosynthetically Active Radiation

3) Time is not factored into the equation as the duration of light in flower 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness is consistent to induce flowering and most commonly used regardless of illumination source. Total Kilowatts of energy would vary to greatly with the illumination source, design and efficiency to give a standardized number.

I never mind questions!

1) I define productive growth as producing vigorous flowering vegetation. When a illumination source is either too far from the plant or too weak to produced productive growth a plant begins making light airy popcorn bud instead of dense large buds.

2) While PAR ratings can tell you the amount of illumination a object is getting at measured distances a PAR meter is expensive equipment. PAR also does not measure either Ultra Violet or Infra Red light only the narrow bad of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers. Actual watt per square foot recommendations are more easily used to calculate power needed for coverage.

3) Time is not factored into the equation as the duration of light in flower 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness is consistent to induce flowering and most commonly used regardless of illumination source. Total Kilowatts of energy would vary to greatly with the illumination source, design and efficiency to give a standardized number.

This may be sloppy ....... from phone :)

1: Thank you - I like it :)
The hard part now becomes when does a person lose their ROI (return on investment) by adding more light. Keeping in mind that number would different for those that could add more space than those that can't. IE I have more room to grow than I have comfort zone in drawing power to my house with drawing raised eyebrows. I know this will get complicated but the current standards of answering this just seem way too inadequate. Being new.........I am just learning how to answer them for myself.

2: Understood. Since plants do not grow on watts - equations to how much is needed should be by model of LED where the PAR/spectrum remain fixed. I doubt few would argue that a reflector watt (love these) equals a Budmaster GOD. Watt.

3: Exactly! Not to mention veg time and the schedule for it. So when some one tells me they grew 1g per watt........I just sigh..........

My project also includes water, nutes, initial investment ...... all the basic principles of TCO and ROI. All things I need to start tracking....and will once I am a bit more solid with my actual growing and can free up the time do so.

Thank you kindly!

I never mind questions!

1) I define productive growth as producing vigorous flowering vegetation. When a illumination source is either too far from the plant or too weak to produced productive growth a plant begins making light airy popcorn bud instead of dense large buds.

King said it .... I believe it... that makes it true...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:

So yesterday I just harvested my first grow......learned a ton doing it and a HUGE amount of help from you guys.

This top is a bit larger than the typical but fully matured I'm guessing. 2 months veg then into a late scrog that I did NOT lollipop.....I will for sure next time though.......oh, I used CHEAP ASS Jacks too for nutes.
20150205_152207.jpg
20150205_170721.jpg

This tent ran 28watts per square foot of lighting.

My mars 2 tent has even better tops at 32 per square foot.

The reason for all my recent questions is I think I would be fine to draw another 550 watts of 12/12 but not sure if I should that to my existing tents or to a new 4x4 :)........ I just don't to waste too much time/money doing all this T&E when some one could just answer it for me :)

In fact.....both tents run much less wattage due to 11/13 - 9/15 schedules. I know my yields should go up with current lighting just from lessons learned etc........
...sure could use some helpfull advice here KJC, GT and others :)

Tapping from phone so sorry for mistakes!

Back
Top Bottom