Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love: Hi Atulip, we don't list the old model at the website. :circle-of-love: The voltage is 95~100v and current is 665-680MA. :Namaste:
Sara, do you know the specifications of the 60x5w Mars 300, 130-140w at the wall? The ones on eBay. couldn't find them on the Mars Hydro website. I'm interested in the forward voltage and current of the LED drivers in case I wanted to tinker and upgrade leds.

:circle-of-love: You are welcome, Happyjoy. Hmm... I can not promise you. If I was you, I prefer LED to HPS.
Thnks sara for ur input
So do u really think adding a 96x5 to my current 96x3 will also outperform an be better than adding a 150, or 250w hps instead?

Does anyone here know if a 250w hps in a COOLTUBE will run same temps as a marsII 400 or a 96x5?
If so, i think i finally got my answer
To run my marshydro 96x3 alongside a 250hps cooltube

Btw, even though sara is a sales rep, u gott hand it to her, that when reccomending their mars lights, she really takes the customers needs, and money situation into consideration and tries helping. ;)

:laughtwo:Haha, that's true, Krypt. But if I am not the sales rep, I would choose LED after the research. Not just electricity-saving, LEDs is more efficient because it focuses on Blue and Red spectrum the plants truly need.:)
You're also a sales rep for LED.... It's simple.... Heat is hps but better than led which will run cooler and not soak up your power bill.

Hey everybody ! My Christmas light giveaway arrived today :thanks: and best of all NO hassle from customs. This light is BRIGHT ! Now I just have to figure out a way to hang this alongside my mars II 700w in my 3 x 3 tent.

Mars_I.jpg

Mars5.jpg

Lights_on5.jpg

Thanks mars hydro.

I would dispute the payment with your credit card company, you wont be billed until its resolved. I would immediately go to Walmart and get a 4 pack of 2700k 23watt cfls , two clamp lights, and two splitters. these will keep your plants alive in veg, and provide sidelight later. Then I would reorder a LED light. If you gave the proper shipping address, and it wasnt shipped to that address, you have no control nor responsibility in that matter. They screwed up, let them fix it.

Hey there fellow Mars-Hydro users.
:wood::ciao:

I've been using a combination of Sun Series and Reflectors with satisfactory results but have been considering trying out either the new Cree or Epistar Mars-Pro Series.
Since I'm pleased with the results that I'm getting at the moment I'm undecided whether to fork out cash on lights that I don't really need. Has anyone here upgraded from a Sun Series or 5watt Reflector setup to the new Mars-Pro? If yes, are they WAY better, a bit better...? Would an upgrade to the new lights improve quality ie trichome development with truly noticeable results?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
:Namaste::peace:

Just got home from work to find my new Mars hydro tent and MARS II 1200w light sitting at my front door. -10C outside and not even 20ft from the road.

Sara, can you please make sure your warehouses choose "signature required" when shipping these items out.

I might be wrong but I think the last time I looked at one of my deliveries, ya can tell them to make sure to only deliver it when your home or sig.
I cant remember if that was ups or usps or fedex
But whne ya look at tracking info just find that comment

I would dispute the payment with your credit card company, you wont be billed until its resolved. I would immediately go to Walmart and get a 4 pack of 2700k 23watt cfls , two clamp lights, and two splitters. these will keep your plants alive in veg, and provide sidelight later. Then I would reorder a LED light. If you gave the proper shipping address, and it wasnt shipped to that address, you have no control nor responsibility in that matter. They screwed up, let them fix it.

To take this a step farther if you paid with paypal file a dispute that will speed up the process.

If it was shipped "signature required" any one at that address over 18 could sign. The shipper would be required to produce that signature.

About all this bullshit about friendly neighbors ...yada yada. Does Mars Hydro understand the word "discreet"? Growing is illegal in most states and no one wants their "friendly neighbors" to know anything about you receiving grow lights.

Just solve the problem ...... simple as that.

From what I've read, it could still be on the customer.

Sounds like they paid with their CC, but through paypal? Paypal shows the shipping and billing addresses right there when you're selecting payment method. I've almost made that mistake before where it popped up and I only gave it a quick glance while clicking through it, not realizing that my primary shipping address was out of date. I noticed it in an email confirmation and quickly canceled the order and redid it. If they moved 2 months ago, that's probably what happened. Sometimes sites will ask for your shipping information during the order, but then if you choose to pay through paypal, the address settings there can override your entered address.

There's really no other explanation for an old address being used. Mars Hydro doesn't know what's current, that's on you to keep track.

But Mars could provide better email order confirmations with shipping address and payment method and stuff so it's easier to catch those mistakes yourself. All they gave me when I ordered 6 months ago was a 4 digit number and note that they would email me again with tracking, which they never actually did.

From what I've read, it could still be on the customer.

Sounds like they paid with their CC, but through paypal? Paypal shows the shipping and billing addresses right there when you're selecting payment method. I've almost made that mistake before where it popped up and I only gave it a quick glance while clicking through it, not realizing that my primary shipping address was out of date. I noticed it in an email confirmation and quickly canceled the order and redid it. If they moved 2 months ago, that's probably what happened. Sometimes sites will ask for your shipping information during the order, but then if you choose to pay through paypal, the address settings there can override your entered address.

There's really no other explanation for an old address being used. Mars Hydro doesn't know what's current, that's on you to keep track.

But Mars could provide better email order confirmations with shipping address and payment method and stuff so it's easier to catch those mistakes yourself. All they gave me when I ordered 6 months ago was a 4 digit number and note that they would email me again with tracking, which they never actually did.
Exactly what I assume happened.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

Hey there fellow Mars-Hydro users.
:wood::ciao:

I've been using a combination of Sun Series and Reflectors with satisfactory results but have been considering trying out either the new Cree or Epistar Mars-Pro Series.
Since I'm pleased with the results that I'm getting at the moment I'm undecided whether to fork out cash on lights that I don't really need. Has anyone here upgraded from a Sun Series or 5watt Reflector setup to the new Mars-Pro? If yes, are they WAY better, a bit better...? Would an upgrade to the new lights improve quality ie trichome development with truly noticeable results?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
:Namaste::peace:

I have been wondering the same but any info on the new lights has slowed the last post by Flyboy he wanted to sell his Cree and lately everyone here just wants to add HPS. I have been able to get good crops from my Dumb Lights and all my HPS found a new home and they are not missed. Only regular post is Brian and his plants look good just not good enough to make me spend $3K on the lights. It has been long enough that someone should be well into flower to give a decent report but so far nothing. All I can add is I am looking at around a 3-4 lb harvest from a mix of all Mars old lights and I am happy with the lights performance so far.

Did you try calling the delivery company? If the address and your name are wrong have them send the driver back to where he left your light. If the driver can not get it back then the delivery company owns that light and owes you your money back.

Thank you Neil for the advice on this issue. Although I have spoke with the company In which they said that they delivered the light. All I have been told was "We have done our job and delivered the light, Follow this up with Mars hydro". It's a huge run around.

Hello everyone! This is day 1 of flower vs today being day 7 of flower :) i have been tucking branches all week and getting excited to start seeing the blue dream formations. The left back corner is Green Love Potion the other three plants are blue dream genetics from seed by Humboldt seed organization and i have been running advanced nutrients since day 1 of flower. Sensi bloom and bud blood this week tomorrow i will be adding big bud to the waterings as well ^.^ :high-five: expect a weekly update picture posted here every friday :) and have a lovely weekend everyone. First time medical grower here
image35776.jpg
dfgdfg.jpg

Thank you Neil for the advice on this issue. Although I have spoke with the company In which they said that they delivered the light. All I have been told was "We have done our job and delivered the light, Follow this up with Mars hydro". It's a huge run around.

Paypal has its advantages and its dis-advantages, MarsHydro states on their site that when using paypal they can only deliver to the registered paypal account shipping address. If you never changed it or if you tried to change it you may find it is still your old adress. I went the run around route with paypal when trying to change my e-mail address. I finally just abandoned the old account and started a new one because it seems they only hire complete idiots to maintain our accounts at paypal.

Although I have spoke with the company In which they said that they delivered the light.

With all due respect, if they delivered it to the address on the package they DID do their job correctly.

It's not their fault the address was wrong, all they're expected to do is deliver things to the address on the package, not check to see if the address is correct.

Not meaning to argue, but you really can't hold them responsible. Whoever allowed the wrong address to be used is at fault. Did you get an order or shipping confirmation with the right address on it?

Back
Top Bottom