Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

0.53 grams per watt.... for almost 600 watt the coverage sucks and the yield sucks too. would do much better with hps for half the price.... truth is most led lights will take you backwards... only the expensive ones are actually ahead of hps but all the low cost led lights are not better then hps.... and actually more problematic to your grow then anything else could be.... low yield per watt (sometime caused by low skill also).... i can produce bigger yields with 3watt leds... those 5w are overkill just a waste of electricity...

May I ask why the nastiness... If you don't want to grow with these lights... Don't... but those of us that do choose to use these lights seem to be quite happy with them... I'm terribly sorry you have obviously had a bad experience with them but if you are set on not growing with these lights why do you insist on slamming the rest of us... It is obvious you are not happy... We all get that and IMO if you have a problem and had given Sara the opportunity to help... it would have been taken care of... If it is just something that you feel you have to continue to do to make yourself fell better... I'm sure Sara will let you continue to rant... She is much kinder than the average person... I don't however see where the constant barrage of insults is going to solve anything.... Hope you have a blessed and green day....:circle-of-love:

Ok, Pros and Cons I have been watching on YouTube...
The 4 Plants on the left, I am leaving bushy.

20160314_203214.jpg

The 3 Plants on the right I have really trimmed them in the middle and sides, to let the Lights shine in and everywhere, with better air flow and Led Penetration.
I am leaving open the shoots to grow taller with less little buds on the bottom and middle. So it will turn into tall & thicker buds.
20160314_203146.jpg

So I will know personally which one makes thicker and better buds. :)

Side by side comparison only works with clones about the same size or it is not a fair comparison.
I have done it with clones before and found defoliation reduced overall yeild. The reason being you end up with a smaller plant if you defoliate. A bigger plant with all its leaves makes more bud than a stunted one. I stopped doing it after that and wish I had not wasted so many hours defoliating for years before that... I used to spend like 10+ hours per grow on defoliation just to get a little less yeild.

Arguing with ignorant hps/hid guys is silly. We know they're wrong, we tried both led and hps and found led is much better. They only tried their old shitty lights or they would have seen the truth for themselves.

Im all for leds but the real ones that actually save you electricity and have good coverage and full spectrum and dont break down.... see how happy you are about your mars light.... imagine if it had all the other futures i talked about... without having to worry that some leds will burn out real quick...

A light that is very slightly better but costs way way more is not better overall.

As an example the $1100 sk300, is slightly better than a Mars unit, but is over 3 times the price. Never mind breaking down, the $1100 rapes your wallet up front.

Nothing to say now that you see I got just under a gram per watt huh. The coverage is great and the yeild Of 550+grams total under my Mars ll 1200 that is a great yeild

Stoney, thats decent harvest i know the lights work.... just from my expenrience it doesnt work as great as other leds in many ways.... i see significant results difference with top of the line leds and with mars the difference is just to huge for me to consider it especially that its the most known light to break down.... but if u happy with your nug size and like a bag full of popcorn then i guess thats fine.... but i never doubted the light could do 1gpw... i did say if thats yield then grower skills got some big to do with it...

These 7 plants are from seeds...

Side by side comparison only works with clones about the same size or it is not a fair comparison.
I have done it with clones before and found defoliation reduced overall yeild. The reason being you end up with a smaller plant if you defoliate. A bigger plant with all its leaves makes more bud than a stunted one. I stopped doing it after that and wish I had not wasted so many hours defoliating for years before that... I used to spend like 10+ hours per grow on defoliation just to get a little less yeild.

That's my point. Seeds produce different phenotypes. One might be high yield and one low yield. They will not be the same. Only fair way is to test is to use same cloned plants. I even did mine in recirculating hydro, so they all got equal feed too.

Ok that's cool.
I just wanted to try it for myself. :)
My next nine will be clones of these plants.
The Clones are two weeks after cutting and not one of them are wilted looking.

That's my point. Seeds produce different phenotypes. One might be high yield and one low yield. They will not be the same. Only fair way is to test is to use same cloned plants. I even did mine in recirculating hydro, so they all got equal feed too.

I recently grew 5 Cookies Kush by Barney's and all 5 turned out male. I gave two CK to my friend and both seeds were male also. I wish you better luck.

Damn, where did ya get the seeds from?
Just wanna make sure I dont get stuck like that

Stoney, thats decent harvest i know the lights work.... just from my expenrience it doesnt work as great as other leds in many ways.... i see significant results difference with top of the line leds and with mars the difference is just to huge for me to consider it especially that its the most known light to break down.... but if u happy with your nug size and like a bag full of popcorn then i guess thats fine.... but i never doubted the light could do 1gpw... i did say if thats yield then grower skills got some big to do with it...

I got your popcorn Bubba...:circle-of-love:
DSC032654.JPG
DSC033395.JPG
DSC033626.JPG
DSC033677.JPG
DSC033726.JPG

20160315_150131.jpg
So these are what you call popcorn nugs. This is not even a quater of the tops off the one plant. 90% of my nugs Are super Fat and just nice. If you like to pay 3x the price for a light that will produce maybe a few grams more go ahead, I am getting 2 new lights in the next e months one will be the Duolux 600 the other a Mars pro or reflector series the Duolux 600 is 50 watts more the my Mars ll 1200 and cost $1100 and covers the same area. Yes the Duolux has Cree and bridgelux leds but epistar is really good as well. What it boils down to is how you care for you led lights and what kind of environment they are in. If you keep it in temps over over 85 with a RH of 70+ of course you'll have burnt out leds but that's with any led the ones that are 1000s of dollars and the ones that are hundreds.

Back
Top Bottom