Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Great!

Here is an example of a good recovery :

I am happy to see your girls are recover gradually :welldone:

20180708_124835.jpg

Thanks for sharing. :thanks: What material you used around your closet to reflect light?

Uncle Ben's Topping

Uncle Ben's Topping (UBT) is a method of training a plant to develop either two or four PRIMARY colas, depending on where the cut is made.

To get two primary colas, you wait until the plant has about 4-5 true nodes, then cut just above the first true node (the node with the cotyledons don't count!).

To get four primary colas, wait until the plant has about 5-6 true nodes, then cut just above the 2nd true node (again, don't count the node with the codyledons!).

When you make these cuts, the growth hormones (auxins) will be re-distributed to the nodes below it and cause them to develop into primary colas.

Following is a Barney's Farm Bad Azz Kush in a 4" container. She got a UBT to develop four colas, then I topped each one, one additional time causing 8 secondary colas to develop.

Here's a shot of the plant in her 4" container, just for size reference:

Here's a close-up so you can see how the cut between the 2nd and 3rd nodes resulted in the four colas:

And, by topping each one more time, she now has eight tops:

:Namaste:

K

:thanks: Good luck to your first outdoor grow
Thanks all about that sunshine hitting them and much per day at this point . Let us pray shall we :rofl::laugh:

Hi SmokeSara, finally got up the courage to submit something. Thank you so much for the opportunity. There are some amazing tips and tricks here already. I hope I measure up. :)

In order to keep your canopy even, low and horizontal it's good practice to tuck leaves instead of defoliation until they make their vertical descent.

A star is born...

Uncle Ben's Topping

Uncle Ben's Topping (UBT) is a method of training a plant to develop either two or four PRIMARY colas, depending on where the cut is made.

To get two primary colas, you wait until the plant has about 4-5 true nodes, then cut just above the first true node (the node with the cotyledons don't count!).

To get four primary colas, wait until the plant has about 5-6 true nodes, then cut just above the 2nd true node (again, don't count the node with the codyledons!).

When you make these cuts, the growth hormones (auxins) will be re-distributed to the nodes below it and cause them to develop into primary colas.

Following is a Barney's Farm Bad Azz Kush in a 4" container. She got a UBT to develop four colas, then I topped each one, one additional time causing 8 secondary colas to develop.

Here's a shot of the plant in her 4" container, just for size reference:

Here's a close-up so you can see how the cut between the 2nd and 3rd nodes resulted in the four colas:

And, by topping each one more time, she now has eight tops:

:Namaste:

K

Thanks for sharing growing skill with us Mr.Krip, your girl is bushy and even :thanks: :thumb:

Thanks all about that sunshine hitting them and much per day at this point . Let us pray shall we :rofl::laugh:

:Namaste: Will outdoor growing help you harvest higher quality bauds than growing indoor?

Hi SmokeSara, finally got up the courage to submit something. Thank you so much for the opportunity. There are some amazing tips and tricks here already. I hope I measure up. :)

In order to keep your canopy even, low and horizontal it's good practice to tuck leaves instead of defoliation until they make their vertical descent.

A star is born...

Overall looking good :thanks: :circle-of-love:

Here are my girls. Still very young. 20" under my Mars light :)
20180716_193220_HDR.jpg
20180713_180254_HDR.jpg

The two side lights are just for show. I don't need that much light in my small area haha :)
20180716_150115.jpg

My outdoor plant is almost ready to flower though :)
My previous grow was under two Mars 300w lights and of was great.
I'm planning on setting up another grow tent for some peppers soon under Mars lights of course!

:Namaste: Will outdoor growing help you harvest higher quality bauds than growing indoor?
No but been told aroma and taste our better then indoor I’ll let you know ✊

No but been told aroma and taste our better then indoor I’ll let you know ✊
Thats because indoors there is less dirt so it tastes better. But outdoors it gets covered in dust, hairs and everything else thats floating around. But if you do bud washing in a pail of water with a little baking soda and lemon juice you will immediately see all the nasty stuff coming off your buds indoors or outdoors. And bud washing doesn't knock trichomes off, its been tested. Once you have washed your buds once you'll never go back after seeing all the nasty crud thats stuck to your bud. I shutter at the thought of smoking it. Anyway with full spectrum LED you should see no difference inside our out, the only thing the sun has is powerful UV-A and UV-B which just damages the plant which can potentially lead to more trichomes but often is shown not to.

Thats because indoors there is less dirt so it tastes better. But outdoors it gets covered in dust, hairs and everything else thats floating around. But if you do bud washing in a pail of water with a little baking soda and lemon juice you will immediately see all the nasty stuff coming off your buds indoors or outdoors. And bud washing doesn't knock trichomes off, its been tested. Once you have washed your buds once you'll never go back after seeing all the nasty crud thats stuck to your bud. I shutter at the thought of smoking it. Anyway with full spectrum LED you should see no difference inside our out, the only thing the sun has is powerful UV-A and UV-B which just damages the plant which can potentially lead to more trichomes but often is shown not to.
Oh yeah that is the only way I wash my buds specially outdoor ✊ doc bud washing he’ll ya

Here are my girls. Still very young. 20" under my Mars light :)
20180716_193220_HDR.jpg
20180713_180254_HDR.jpg

The two side lights are just for show. I don't need that much light in my small area haha :)
20180716_150115.jpg

My outdoor plant is almost ready to flower though :)
My previous grow was under two Mars 300w lights and of was great.
I'm planning on setting up another grow tent for some peppers soon under Mars lights of course!

Your young girls are very healthy. :thanks:
Why you don't grow peppers outside to save electricity. The weather looks goods for peppers.

Back
Top Bottom