Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey guys,

After 14 weeks I decided to harvest the Royal Gorilla auto. She could have gone a week longer, but it was just getting too crowded in the 2x2. We now have the Bubble Kush left. They love to have the TS1000 for themselves. Now 6 weeks from planting the seeds.
IMG_20200603_234557.jpg
of
IMG_20200603_234602.jpg

Hi @SmokeSara

How are you?

It's been a long time, almost 5 years since I've been around. But i recently spun up my old setup to grow some high CBD Strains.

I currently use a Mars II 1200, Mars II 900 and 4 x Mars II 400 LED lights for Flower and i veg under a Reflector Light. I LOVE my lights, and they have done a great job for me in the past. In my very last grow cycle i managed to haul this....
From these beauties

This is 29.8oz (844g) dry from two 4ftx4ft grow spaces.

I was thinking of upgrading. And have been looking at trying out the SP 250 and/or TS 1000. I had a few questions:

What is the heat like compared to the Mars II lights?
Are you able to chain the TS1000 together like the Mars 400 or are they stand alone?
Which of these two models SP and TS are the more recent?
What are the differences of these two models? Is there a better application for one model over the other (for example is one better for veg and one better for flower?)

I look forward to hearing from you :)

:Namaste:

Hi @SmokeSara

How are you?

It's been a long time, almost 5 years since I've been around. But i recently spun up my old setup to grow some high CBD Strains.

I currently use a Mars II 1200, Mars II 900 and 4 x Mars II 400 LED lights for Flower and i veg under a Reflector Light. I LOVE my lights, and they have done a great job for me in the past. In my very last grow cycle i managed to haul this....
From these beauties

This is 29.8oz (844g) dry from two 4ftx4ft grow spaces.

I was thinking of upgrading. And have been looking at trying out the SP 250 and/or TS 1000. I had a few questions:

Are you able to chain the TS1000 together like the Mars 400 or are they stand alone?
What are the differences of these two models? Is there a better application for one model over the other (for example is one better for veg and one better for flower?)

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Hey, old friend. How are you recently?

Neither of TS and SP has fan design, so they're not as cool as Mars II, but we've added a 2-meter extension cord that takes the power supply off the lamp board and puts it outside the tent, and the SP has a thick heat sink design, so they don't have a lot of heat.

TS1000 doesn't have daisy chain function, so you can only plug in each light individually.

TS and SP both are full-spectrum white led. SP is a rectangular bar in design and has a thick heat sink design, SP250 and our upcoming SP3000 are both Meanwell driver, we using UV and IR in their spectra.
The design of TS is a light board with a reflective cover, which is rectangular or square. The reflective cover design of this light can increase the par value of the edge by 30%, and TS3000 uses 2 Meanwell drivers. TS only have IR, no UV

@GoogleGenie If you are looking a light can replace old Mars II400, I highly recommend TS1000 to you:ganjamon:
You can see more info on our wbsite:

Hey guys,

After 14 weeks I decided to harvest the Royal Gorilla auto. She could have gone a week longer, but it was just getting too crowded in the 2x2. We now have the Bubble Kush left. They love to have the TS1000 for themselves. Now 6 weeks from planting the seeds.
IMG_20200603_234557.jpg
of
IMG_20200603_234602.jpg
:goodjob:Look forward to your harvest :Dyou can switch to a 3x3 or 4x4 tent next time

TS and SP both are full-spectrum white led. SP is a rectangular bar in design and has a thick heat sink design, SP250 and our upcoming SP3000 are both Meanwell driver, we using UV and IR in their spectra.
The design of TS is a light board with a reflective cover, which is rectangular or square. The reflective cover design of this light can increase the par value of the edge by 30%, and TS3000 uses 2 Meanwell drivers. TS only have IR, no UV

Thanks @SmokeSara. I'm very well thank you? I hope you are well at this time :)

I like the sound of both lights. I like the look of the Sp250 and was thinking about buying 2 of them for my 4x4. I like that it includes UV in its spectrum. If i were to go with the TS1000 i would need 4 of them, not being able to chain them together would complicate my wiring setup somewhat.

I will have a think, but i may order the SP250 :)

Thank you for the information. Very informative and helpful as I remember

Thanks @SmokeSara. I'm very well thank you? I hope you are well at this time :)

I like the sound of both lights. I like the look of the Sp250 and was thinking about buying 2 of them for my 4x4. I like that it includes UV in its spectrum. If i were to go with the TS1000 i would need 4 of them, not being able to chain them together would complicate my wiring setup somewhat.

I will have a think, but i may order the SP250 :)

Thank you for the information. Very informative and helpful as I remember

You can check out our new light - SP3000, It's the upgrade model for SP250. We use Samsung and Osram chips, 300w. You can see more details from this thread:

You can check out our new light - SP3000, It's the upgrade model for SP250. We use Samsung and Osram chips, 300w. You can see more details from this thread:

I literally just orders and paid for sp250. I couldn’t see sp3000. Could you refund me and I will purchase the sp3000 instead?

I thought a couple of pics from my harvesting . Inamnmid waybthrough with a couple in jars and some trimmed drying and 3 more to be taken out later. 2 of the 3 under the Tsl2000 have weighed in at approx 227 grams with the last looking like it will be approx 60g. This is a fair haul considering little effort in pushing their genetics for 1st runs. The less than 1gpw is down to my initial root work that slowed their rootballs progress a little.
20200603_145108.jpg
20200603_144531.jpg
20200603_142857.jpg
20200530_213603.jpg
20200529_003620.jpg
the other Tsl2000 has 3 strains due out tonight and I have 3 strains from under the sp250 that are going to be good yielders too FFT have all been in 60L Living organic soil pots and under the sp250 from seed to harvest at day 130. They are a breeders tester seeds for me to try for them and the sp250 did them proud. I will update on their GPW as soon as dried and ready to jar.
20200529_003620.jpg
20200603_232124.jpg
20200603_231945.jpg
20200603_231823.jpg
20200603_144248.jpg

Very credible lights indeed. Let's see how the other ones do later. Love my Mars lights

Ts 3000

I literally just orders and paid for sp250. I couldn’t see sp3000. Could you refund me and I will purchase the sp3000 instead?
I’m a little disappointed @SmokeSara. I asked you on here literally minutes after I placed the order you could cancel it so I can order SP3000. And I also emailed you guys asking the same via the Email on my receipt. I’ve been completely ignored and last night I receive confirmation my light has shipped.

I am getting the itch for another tent. But I need to improve my self defence skills before telling the wife.
Tell her it's a man cave and for helping you to meditate on all the wrong doings you have done and how you can repay her loyalty and patience. Use some of the harvest to buy some chocolates and a night out. Job done. No more complaints about spending time in the geow roo. And she may even throw in some fans to keep "you" cool up there.?. Heehee

Back
Top Bottom