Mars Reflector 48 - An 'As It Is Happening' Report On The Use Of This Light

Already? I think a carbon scrubber will help tremendously. Or get some ona pro gel. The quart size and regular scent for now till you can get a scrubber. Dont put the gel in the tent. Just around it somewhere

Hi JD77 Family members don't like cannabis smells, and the main player (the mrs who is in charge of all things important :) ) is very sensitive to smells. Its giving her headaches. The cabinet itself, and the room it is in are vented to outside, no leaks in the pipes, but its not enough. Simply opening the cabinet puffs out enough stink that's its a problem.

Air fresheners cant be used but Ill check out the product you mentioned. Thanks for that.

A grow tent and carbon filters wont do it for me I'm pretty sure. Growing in the house is out - experiment over.

I do like the Reflector 48 for single plant small grow purposes and I wish I could finish my Channelle (she is very smelly exactly as advertised) to see how this light works through the bloom phase.

Not to be .....

Already? I think a carbon scrubber will help tremendously. Or get some ona pro gel. The quart size and regular scent for now till you can get a scrubber. Dont put the gel in the tent. Just around it somewhere

I want to know what the 48 would do in a long veg., like 7 weeks, & how much space it will cover. I need to cover a 4x4 veg. area. I don't care if it don't bloom, it's a veg only light. And I want to do it inexpensively !! Are the mars lights mfg. in the USA, or do we have to send them back to china for repair? Looking led for the short node spacing ?
Sorry you've got that to deal with. :peacetwo:

Oldbear, perhaps the scent is an excuse? It seems early for 1 plant to be stinking significantly. Maybe the misses is just not cooperative with the mission! Anyway, you should consider a carbon filter. You can hook one up to the fan that is extracting the air outside, or circulating in the room that the tent or plant is in. If you can grow outside then you should do that anyway but I wouldn't give up on the indoor dream yet because scent can easily be defeated!

Maybe you need a stronger fan extracting the air. Filtering or exhausting the entire volume of air in the room every couple minutes is enough. For example if your tent is 2x2x6 feet, that's 24 cubic feet of air, so a 25 cfm fan should cover you. I filter my air three times per minute. There's no way the plant is going to put off more scent than I can filter every 20 seconds. For you that's just 75cfm which is a pretty cheap 4" inline fan. Fan + filter will probably cost $150.

Thanks for the suggestions.

The 2 x 2 x 5 cabinet was vented to outside with a 100 cfm fan. Any cannabis smells outside is not an issue for me so a carbon filter wont help in my case. When you open the door, smells escape into the room. Even though the room itself was also vented, you could still detect smells outside the room.

The issue is only partially that the mrs doesn't like the smell, she gets allergic reactions to it. Her reactions are visible and audible.

The channel+ is known to be a stinky girl and she sure lived up to that reputation :)

Oldbear, perhaps the scent is an excuse? It seems early for 1 plant to be stinking significantly. Maybe the misses is just not cooperative with the mission! Anyway, you should consider a carbon filter. You can hook one up to the fan that is extracting the air outside, or circulating in the room that the tent or plant is in. If you can grow outside then you should do that anyway but I wouldn't give up on the indoor dream yet because scent can easily be defeated!

Maybe you need a stronger fan extracting the air. Filtering or exhausting the entire volume of air in the room every couple minutes is enough. For example if your tent is 2x2x6 feet, that's 24 cubic feet of air, so a 25 cfm fan should cover you. I filter my air three times per minute. There's no way the plant is going to put off more scent than I can filter every 20 seconds. For you that's just 75cfm which is a pretty cheap 4" inline fan. Fan + filter will probably cost $150.

Back
Top Bottom