MarsHydro Pro Series Epistar 320 Grow

Looks amazing , really like these new lights

image4093.jpeg

Very nice tent you got going there. Is that a 4' x 8' tent with 2 of the Epistar 320's? That is exactly what I'm in process of building also. Assuming you're quite satisfied with the Epistar's. I can't wait to get mine and setup my room :goodjob:

Couple other questions for you as well now that I think about it. Sorry about all these but I'm just trying to figure out the best way to set my new tent up and what is achievable with LED's.

What kind of temperatures does room average in the middle of the day cycle with those 2 beasts running at full power?

Is your room sealed with a CO2 setup and if so do you use AC?

Random question but what is that thing you have hanging half way down the right wall? Is that just a fan or something else?

It's winter in Colorado, so it's easier to control temps , I have a 6 inch hyper fan pulling cold air in from outside and run through ducting inside the tent to cool the lights and the room , right now the fan is at it lowest setting and the room is sitting at 82 , which is just about right for LEDs. The black fan at the back of the tent is a stand up oscillating fan that I removed the bottom and hung sideways to blow air across the lights and plants , hung it up with some ratchet hangers. Also the tent is a 5x10 and these two lights cover it no problem, highly recommend them.

I do have a large dehumidifier running in the corner of the room also , puts out a lot of heat also. Works well for our environment, we use the residual heat from the room the heat the house , it's 28f outside right now and 71f inside with no other heat source going :)

No CO2 , but the dehumidifier is also a 8000btu ac unit when needed , pretty much have total control of the grow environment.

Please ask away:)

Went in and made a video

Decided to pick up a Cree 128 on sale 10% off and coupon still works (Cofinest) for additional money off , nice. Might put it in the middle or run it separately, who knows ,but I really want to try it .

I also rented a Sekonic c700 spectrum meter from lensrental.com for a week, will be here mid December and I will run tests and post results for...

Mars Pro Epistar 320
Mars Pro Cree 128
Mars II 1200w
Mars reflector series 48 and 96
Mars old style 300w 5w diodes
And we have a KindLed K5 XL1000 to test against

Will also test some standard hps 1000w lights and going around to multiple hydro stores to test black dog and numerous others , along with natural sunlight at multiple times during the day.

Results to follow soon , keep posted :) and please subscribe

The new light didn't go through its routine again , and didn't shut off , had to unplug the unit and plug it in again to send info from the remote , these remotes suck :(

Can't say for sure , the buds keep exploding with new growth , even though they are almost done ,
I start the day with 10% red only for 10 minutes then slowly bring it to full brightness over the next hour , all channels, then end the same way with 10% red. Trying to mimic the far red effect to trigger awake and sleep times. So yeah , I guess it does seem to be making a difference, this crop looks better than comparable hps I've done , won't really know till smoking it :) harvest weight is not my priority, quality is paramount.
Also I have been running straight water for over a week and will continue till harvest.

It's pretty easy program it , just doesn't always seem to take :)
Here is today's 10% red sunrise , trying to copy the Emerson effect of far red .
image4381.jpeg

They are 20 inches from the top of the canopy and I try to keep them in the same place for the grow , just raise them as the plants grow.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom