Math on seeds

OMG.... height limit? Why so your neighbor wont be able to see your flowers?? Thats just silly. They cant see the forest for the trees lol

Monsanto will lead them to water! You'll see.
Is this one too big?
big.jpg

It totally amazes me how one question can excite the crowd LMAO.

Funny no one mentioned the guy that works for a living. He grew one regular strain. Kept a male and pollinated a bunch of different females. Got a few thousand seeds from each plant. He then came up with cheap packaging convinced a no name seed bank to carry his product. Picked out 5 to 10 cute names. (Not sure how may females he had LMAO). He doesn't sell many seeds but everything is all profit.

Sound stupid? Those breeders are out there too. How much should he make a year?

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who's not comfortable with the math on the price of seeds. From what I gathered an average plant will have about 3600 seeds....
Sooo in my tiny little mind I see 1 plant as representing a $36,000 profit. Did I miss something in the translation? Capitalism? Too many seeds? OK lets say it's 3000 seeds/plant.... math says $30,000 profit.

New math, 5 seeds for $40 = 3600/5= 720 x$40= $28,800/plant still seems like capitalism at its finest.
or 3000seeds/5=600 x$40= $24,000/plant

am I kookoo? or what. or are we all kookoo.
The new gold and silver.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who's not comfortable with the math on the price of seeds.

Grow plant from a seed, harvest anywhere from a couple ounces to a pound; up to tens of thousands of rooted cuttings from plant grown from a seed, all capable of producing the same as mom... Guy across town sells bud for $20/gram...

Nah, I'm pretty comfortable with paying $2.37 to $15.84 per seed. Seems like a bargain, actually.

Interesting article but some flaws in what the author conveys.

Regardless of the DEA and Mr Watson intended, mapping genomes

“The license gave Hortapharm/Skunkman/DEA control over what researchers are allowed access to pedigreed seeds of predictable quality! The object is to patent up every possible combination of cannabinoids and terpenes with efficacy for every possible disease they can treat, and every possible genetic sequence! Once ready to make the move, they will shut down every medical cannabis grower for patent fraud, and those they can’t will be run out when they produce a more effective product for significantly less than $250 an ounce the growers are getting!”

Does not constitute GMO or the ability to patent the strain.

Genetically modified crops (GM crops) are plants used in agriculture, the DNA of which has been modified using genetic engineering methods. In most cases, the aim is to introduce a new trait to the plant which does not occur naturally in the species.”

Without genetically modifying the DNA, it’s not GMO and not patentable.

As crafty and underhanded as the DEA is, they can’t patent something that’s not legally patentable. Not to mention, the patent would only hold in the country it was issued, other countries would have to agree for it to hold elsewhere.

Their planned was doomed from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom