MaxYields' First Grow - Warlock - Alien Dawg - Berry Garcia - CFL Closet Grow

looks great!! I use an EZ-Cloner type machine, and when I clone I just place the fresh clones in FFOF, as its always on sale at my local shop... Stupid machine has a 100% success rate so far, I shut it down over a month ago and still have too many clones.. lol a good problem to have as people tell me, but it's a PAIN IN THE A!! to water them all...

Hey k0ncept! I appreciate the compliments!

I was going to go with an DIY EZ Cloner set up, but opted for the RockWool Cube technique for now... figured I would dial in taking cuts before I put work into making a nice EZ Cloner. :cheesygrinsmiley: I like how my FFOF is working for my plants so far, HunterNitro was explaining how he clones straight into FFHF so I was going to give that a shot later on. Cloning is so addicting dude!!! Having too many clones isn't always a bad thing! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Stoked to meet up this weekend. Can't wait for you to see this monster first hand. Stay warm brother all this snow this last week has been insane. Keepem green. :Namaste:

I know brother, it has been insane! Seriously can't believe it, hope it doesn't impede on our weekend plans!!

Can't wait to have you and Seraphim over for some quality Green Talk and Bud Smokin'! Should be a good ole time, not to mention... New genetics for everyone!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Subbed bro I'm liken all the cloning good journal bro this will definitely help me when I get ready to clone later on

Glad to have you along Roughneck! Thanks for the compliments! Cloning is so addicting so be careful, you'll catch the cloning fever really fast once you start.... and you can't stop!! :cheesygrinsmiley: Feel free to post here with any questions or concerns you have at all my friend, always glad to give some advice! I love collaboration!

Thanks for stopping by everyone! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Bummer about the hermie, but the plant look amazing! I'll sub!

Yeah I know my friend.. ): I was rather upset haha

But I learned more this grow than I ever though I was going too, so it was more than worth it. I also believe Subnoise figured out why my buds aren't swelling like I would have expected them too... So hopefully after this run is over I will have the grow room dialed in and everything will start running much smoother.

My other two Journals are just about to hit the Flowering stage, so feel free to check those out for my redemption! On, my way to your Journal my friend, thanks for stopping by! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm not sweating the weather stopping me anyway. The guys here at my shop are currently putting tires on my truck while I do work that pays. So as long as you can make it I'll be there. I also got a snow blower yesterday from my boss no more back breaking snow removal. Specially since I live on a corner lot with a 4 car driveway. Now all I need is a beer hat so I can put some coco in there while I blow snow.

Max for the EZ cloning, it's really stupid easy... I have never used cubes or anything else, but most of my friends do or did at one time.. Then a close friend showed me his cloner and I asked him how is the success rate, he started laughing and said 100%... Its true, I was able to make clones out of cuts that should have never made it.. I also tested it using the gel's and nutes with my RO water.. and then tested using straight tap water on another batch... I found that with the gel and solution I can get solid roots in 5 days or less and place them in soil.. Using straight tap water from Los Angeles, it will take 7-10 days and the roots will be long and stringy..

The key? Keep the frigging res UNDER 75 degrees lol.. for some reason people thing you need temps in the 85-90 degree range to make clones.. I had 100% success using a 16 station ez cloner, no air stone, and straight LA tap water.. I was laughing seriously..

I like using the cloning gel, and a little cloning solution and just kept an eye on them... I am planning on starting it up again as soon as I can make some room in the veg tent.. I want to make a few for the upcoming outdoor season :) I am planning a run of Abusive OG, Pineapple, Plat Bubba and then another run of that very special SoCal DAMN OG! :) mummmmmm

I'm not sweating the weather stopping me anyway. The guys here at my shop are currently putting tires on my truck while I do work that pays. So as long as you can make it I'll be there. I also got a snow blower yesterday from my boss no more back breaking snow removal. Specially since I live on a corner lot with a 4 car driveway. Now all I need is a beer hat so I can put some coco in there while I blow snow.

Haha oh my god, if I saw one of my neighbors snow-blowing their drive way with a Cocoa filled beer-hat... I would befriend them immediately.. and then when I found he grew weed.... I would lose it :rofl: :rofl:

Glad you'll be making it down here safely my friend, can't wait to smoke one in front of the grow tent and talk shop! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Max for the EZ cloning, it's really stupid easy... I have never used cubes or anything else, but most of my friends do or did at one time.. Then a close friend showed me his cloner and I asked him how is the success rate, he started laughing and said 100%... Its true, I was able to make clones out of cuts that should have never made it.. I also tested it using the gel's and nutes with my RO water.. and then tested using straight tap water on another batch... I found that with the gel and solution I can get solid roots in 5 days or less and place them in soil.. Using straight tap water from Los Angeles, it will take 7-10 days and the roots will be long and stringy..

The key? Keep the frigging res UNDER 75 degrees lol.. for some reason people thing you need temps in the 85-90 degree range to make clones.. I had 100% success using a 16 station ez cloner, no air stone, and straight LA tap water.. I was laughing seriously..

I like using the cloning gel, and a little cloning solution and just kept an eye on them... I am planning on starting it up again as soon as I can make some room in the veg tent.. I want to make a few for the upcoming outdoor season :) I am planning a run of Abusive OG, Pineapple, Plat Bubba and then another run of that very special SoCal DAMN OG! :) mummmmmm

Yes dude... an EZ cloner sounds like the way to go. I have researched so many DIY EZ Cloner builds and it looks so easy... not to mention the 100% success rate is mighty tempting! I will definitely get one in my Grow Tent once I get some more room! I would be so happy to have one of those bad boys running in my Veg Tent!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: And I always thought a cooler res was the way to go, I was under the impression shit could grow in a hot res.

And boy oh boy, I thought your babies looked good inside, I can't wait to see what they produce under that L.A. sun my friend!!! Those are some crazy cool strains, I wish I could get my hands on some Cali Cuts! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I didn't realized how lucky we were either, so many other strains I want to grow as well.. One thing I did notice, is the clones I took off the mothers are much healthier than the mothers were when they were young.. I know man I wish I could airdrop you a cut of the pineapple, that strain is seriously awesome fun to grow.. Like fruit trees...

I didn't realized how lucky we were either, so many other strains I want to grow as well.. One thing I did notice, is the clones I took off the mothers are much healthier than the mothers were when they were young.. I know man I wish I could airdrop you a cut of the pineapple, that strain is seriously awesome fun to grow.. Like fruit trees...

We need to invest in a "420magazine Clone Drone" haha :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

- UPDATE :: FLOWER WEEK 8 -
- - HARVEST :: ALIEN DAWG & BERRY GARCIA - -​

Hey 420magazine!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: ;)

We have officially reached that bitter sweet point that every grow reaches, where we must unsheathe our trusty clippers.. and retrieve the luscious green reward that we have been working so hard to obtain. It's HARVEST DAY!

Whipped out the trusty Trichome Microscope on Saturday, zoomed it to about 75x and found some buds for viewing. Attracted to the sweet citrus and subtle skunkiness of Alien Dawg I inspected her first. While viewing her Trichomes I could smell her ripeness... Her sharp citrus scent pierced my nose like a warm knife too butter. It was amazing :laughtwo: :partyboy:

Her Trichomes were mostly milky, under 10% were clear and around 15% amber. I inspected her three largest buds and her three (most accessible) smallest buds. I had been feeding both her and Berry Garcia 1gal plain Denver Tap Water when soil was dry, and 1gal plain Denver Tap Water / 10ml Molasses every other watering.

After deciding the Alien Dawg was ready to come down, I moved to the Berry Garcia... Her aroma much more subtle than that of the Alien Dawg, but none the less potent. At first whiff she smells extremely earthy with undertones of pine which leads into a skunky after-tone in your nose. No scents of berry that I can pick up. Her Trichomes were about the same as Alien Dawg, however I decided to let her go one more day and finish out the full 8 weeks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

ALIEN DAWG HARVEST ::
AD_Stem.JPG
AD_Roots.JPG
AD_Buds.JPG
AD_Bud5.JPG
AD_Bud7.JPG
AD_Bud4.JPG
AD_Bud6.JPG
AD_Bud.JPG
AD_Bud3.JPG
AD_Bud2.JPG

BERRY GARCIA HARVEST ::
PRE-HARVEST -
BG_Pre3.JPG
BG_Pre.JPG
BG_Pre2.JPG
BG_Cola.JPG
BG_Whole.JPG
BG_Whole2.JPG

POST-HARVEST -
BG_RootBall.JPG
BG_Buds.JPG
BG_Trim.JPG
BG_Bud1.JPG
BG_Bud2.JPG
BG_Bud3.JPG
BG_Bud4.JPG
BG_Bud5.JPG

So as my first two plants come down, my third and favorite of the group is continuing to chug on. I have been flushing her for 2 weeks now, with 1gal plain Denver Tap Water when dry and 1gal plain Denver Tap Water / 10ml Molasses every other watering. She is still shooting white pistils and doesn't have many Amber trichomes (about 3-5%) so I figure she is still ripening up... I will most likely take her down next Sunday.

While I am speaking about the Warlock, I will update you all on my worries of the small buds. I met up with my good friend from this Forum Subnoise, and he brought over his Ph pen (Along with some other goodies you will all see later :cheesygrinsmiley: ) and we ran some experiments on my water. I haven't been Ph'ing my water and this is what the readings came in at on Saturday::

Straight from faucet Tap ::
- Ph : 6.5
- PPM : 186​

Sitting in gallon jug for 5 days ::
- Ph : 6.5
- PPM : 164​

With Week 1 of FF Trio Bloom Nutrients at full strength ::
-Ph : 5.8
-PPM : 1170​

So as we can see, my water is perfect for soil when no nutrients are used. When FF Hydro Trio is used, it brings it down to about perfect for Hydro and Soilless (I brought the Ph of my mix up to 6.0 for Coco as recommended by Subnoise). However after mixing all of the FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient Trio, as well as the FoxFarm Water-Soluble Trio the Ph is far too low for soil. I believe that my plants were not able to absorb the proper amount of Phosphorus during flowering because of this... and their buds did not swell like they should have... Anyone have thoughts on that?

Anyways, after I began flushing Warlock, her buds began too swell much faster than they ever had in Flower up to that point. Which would only back up my hypothesis. Here she is in her current stage!

THE WARLOCK CONTINUES ::
W_Bud4.JPG
W_Bud3.JPG
W_Bud5.JPG
W_Bud2.JPG
W_Bud.JPG

Thank you all very much for following along! Two of my three beautiful ladies have grown up in front of my eyes and are now drying.. awaiting the flame to unite them with my ether :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: I will happily wait for the Warlock to finish Flowering, she smells like a extremely ripe grapefruit... VERY pungent and the second you touch her your fingers are covered in a sticky layer of resin that only Isopropyl can get off. :cheesygrinsmiley: :high-five: She seems to have a lot of bud on her... I plan on taking her down, washing her and then keeping the most full & attractive buds and turning the rest into Bubble Hash.

May all of your gardens grow fast and green! :Namaste:

Way to go Max, congrats!!! I can't decide which one makes my mouth water the most! I'm leaning towards the BG but both are beautiful! This has been fun to follow and despite all the troubles, that Warlock is shaping up nicely!

Super Stoked!

+Reps!!!!

Trig
:cheer:

Way to go Max, congrats!!! I can't decide which one makes my mouth water the most! I'm leaning towards the BG but both are beautiful! This has been fun to follow and despite all the troubles, that Warlock is shaping up nicely!

Super Stoked!

+Reps!!!!

Trig
:cheer:

I appreciate it Triggle, thanks a lot my friend :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Although none of them got as large as I wanted I am still pleased with my harvest so far! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I agree the warlock is actually starting to bulk up and look nice.. It has too be the Ph that was causing that problem!!... Man I hope so haha.

While I am typing this, I'll post the Wet Weights as I forgot to put those in the Update!

ALIEN DAWG ::
Buds: 101.5 grams
Shake & Popcorn: 32.3 grams

BERRY GARCIA ::
Buds: 107.6 grams
Shake & Popcorn: 81.9 grams

:thanks:

- FLOWER TENT MAINTAINECE -​
- WARLOCK UPDATE :: FLOWER WEEK 8 -​
Hey 420magazine,

Some quick updates for you all in regards to my Flower Tent. As you all know two plants came down this past weekend and a lot of room has opened up in the Flower Tent. So I did some cleaning and some maintenance as well as some rearranging! I also purchased some gear to make my life a lot easier, two 25" Drip Trays to place all of my plants in to make run off much easier to Shop Vac as well as a 1000ml Pitcher and Fine Mist Sprayer.

I raised the Power Strip to the top of the tent so I can use my mister without worrying about getting water all over it. I am going to invest in some Yo-Yo Hangers for my lights, as well as an extension cord or a DIY duct system for my Humidifier so I can keep it outside of the tent and vent the humidity into the tent.... As it is the only piece of equipment that has a power cord in the way.

I took the net off of the Warlock, and had to string some of her buds up so they didn't snap off. Just letting the Auto Blue Diesel hang out underneath the big gals.

GENERAL UPDATES ::

WARLOCK :
-Dying fan leaves were taken off, left all Sugar Leaves and healthy Sun Leaves on.
-Many of the Sugar Leaves are starting to acquire a purple sheen to them.
-Flushed with 15 gallons of plain Denver Tap Water (6.5 Ph.).​

PHOTOS ::

View of the Flower Tent after her maintenance...
IMG_35717.JPG

Warlock...
IMG_35724.JPG
IMG_35679.JPG
IMG_35665.JPG

We will she what she looks like this Sunday... none of her leaves are showing deficiencies yet, if she looks like she could go another week come this Sunday Ill put another 15 gallons through her and see what happens.

Thanks for following along everyone! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking great buddy. Congrats on the harvest I'll probably be trimming Friday or Saturday aswell.:goodjob:

Appreciate it my friend! Sounds like we are both going to have a busy weekend! Can't wait to take the Warlock down and move all of the Autos and SM / CJr into the Flower Tent! It will look really nice with all of those plants in there!

Can't wait to see all of the massive buds you get from your beautiful ladies!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom