Mike's COB Grow In 2x2 Tent - Red Shiva

So idk I stunted them that it's taking them a while to keep growing. I'm pretty bummed how long it's taking them to take on. I think I over watered. I think I'll be waiting 3 days to water them. I'll post picture when the lights switch on.

I'll see the difference from starting a seed under the cob light. I found a seed in a bag (pink cookies)I bought from the dispensary, I will be terminating and see if it grows.

So people growing with cobs, what is the best temperature for tent to be at to grow with cobs?
When I was growing with viparspectra led 80F was the sweet spot. What is the best temp for cobs?

Hey Mike10, I found that my temps with the Cobs would run between 75-78 or under. I also was running 2 fans with the carbon filter on about med. I never let them go to 80 degrees. Sorry should have told you that. It is important on different strains. Specially indoor growing were you can control it better!

Hey Mike10, I found that my temps with the Cobs would run between 75-78 or under. I also was running 2 fans with the carbon filter on about med. I never let them go to 80 degrees. Sorry should have told you that. It is important on different strains. Specially indoor growing were you can control it better!

Thanks for the reply. Yea I think my temps have not helped either. The highest is 70 and lowest was 64 now. I turned off my exhaust fan and has now brought it up to 73. I think I'll try without the exhaust until I start turning the power up.

Thanks for the reply budboy2. It's taking them some time to catch on. Let's see how the new one does. I'm waiting 3 maybe 4 days each watering. I think i over watered.

20171022_170738.jpg

So it's day 27 i believe and its starting to get a bit frustrating on why these are not growing. I mean they are but veeeeery slowly. Today would be the 4th day of no water so I went ahead and watered them. Got the ph to 6.1

20171024_074430.jpg
20171024_074536.jpg

Last night I added another seed. I found it in pink cookies eighth that I bought. It germinate, now I'm waiting to see if it sprouts. I know 5 plants would be too much for my 2x2 but the ways the first 3 have been growing. I want to see if anyone of them start taking off.

Hey everyone, can someone tell me another reason why the plants will droop? I'm not over watering. Can a light be too strong and make them droop?
Reason 1. Wind burn. Reason 2. Overwatering. Reason 3 under watering. Reason 4 improperly watering. Reason 5 ph. Cold temps. Nitrogen toxicity. Magnesium deficiency.

Just off the top of my head lol. Give me a second to take a peek at pics mike

Ok Mike buddy. pal. Dude. Are you growing in... never mind. a mix of perlite coco and pro mix hp? Yes, well I've never done pro mix but it doesn't matter. 4 days to water is too many. I would water the seedling every other day and the rest daily. Top dressing them all with perlite to help keep bugs at bay. And last question what are you feeding them now???

Hey everyone, can someone tell me another reason why the plants will droop? I'm not over watering. Can a light be too strong and make them droop?

Hey Mike, if your lights are too bright the leaves will look like they are canoeing and the tips also would start to curl.
Are you adding any nutes yet? If not maybe you should start at 1/4 strength. Drooping leaves usually means to much water. How often are you watering? And are you using soil? If coco then water every other day. Soil sometimes every day depending on pot size etc.
My last Grow was soil and I had to water every day. Also have you checked your PH? Hopefully someone else might be able to help also. Hey 420, Mike10 needs help!!

Hey Mike, if your lights are too bright the leaves will look like they are canoeing and the tips also would start to curl.
Are you adding any nutes yet? If not maybe you should start at 1/4 strength. Drooping leaves usually means to much water. How often are you watering? And are you using soil? If coco then water every other day. Soil sometimes every day depending on pot size etc.
My last Grow was soil and I had to water every day. Also have you checked your PH? Hopefully someone else might be able to help also. Hey 420, Mike10 needs help!!

Mike after looking again I think you have a PH problem. Check your PH and start on some nutes. Maybe a little Cal-Mag to start and see how they respond.. Good Luck Bro!!

Mike after looking again I think you have a PH problem. Check your PH and start on some nutes. Maybe a little Cal-Mag to start and see how they respond.. Good Luck Bro!!

Thanks budboy2. I think I actually found the problem. Since I thought I had over watered for about a week or 2 and barely giving them water. I took them out the pot and noticed all the roots on the bottom dry. I have not watered to the point of some running out the bottom. So maybe the roots have not been getting enough water. So i gave them water and NOW I guess I'll see what happens.

Thanks bro for being here trying to help me out! How is your drying going from tour harvest? Have you smoked any yet?

Mike if it's coco your growing in then check to see if it is dry. My friend grows in coco and his leaves started to droop. He said not enough water will do that. Hope this helps along with checking ph. You might have to flush it and start over with it also. But first try with water and see what happens.!

I grow in coco. You need to be watering far more often. I went through the exact same thing as you are now, when I started. If your are worried about overwatering simply bottom feed. Pour your nute solution into the runoff tray and let the plants soak it up for 20 minutes and that's it. Then maybe mist the top if you care to. They will perk right back up as soon as their feed schedule is corrected.

When the coco dries out it causes the salt levels to skyrocket. And because there is no moisture there to regulate, you have a root system surrounded by salts and will lock out the nutrients and or supplements. This often displays as a deficiency or nute burn because it is essentially a combination of both. Just water until you get a tiny run off. Always water around the edge of the container as that's where the most salt build up occurs.

Best wishes

Thanks budboy2. I think I actually found the problem. Since I thought I had over watered for about a week or 2 and barely giving them water. I took them out the pot and noticed all the roots on the bottom dry. I have not watered to the point of some running out the bottom. So maybe the roots have not been getting enough water. So i gave them water and NOW I guess I'll see what happens.

Thanks bro for being here trying to help me out! How is your drying going from tour harvest? Have you smoked any yet?

Hey I surprised myself on my Grow. Smokes nice and mild. I got a total of 4oz, and 22grams. Some still drying out.
Yep if your roots were dry then there ya go. That's the problem. Hey we all go thru this one time or another. Glad you caught it early. I'll be on here later today so if you have new pics I'll take a look at. Have a great day!

I grow in coco. You need to be watering far more often. I went through the exact same thing as you are now, when I started. If your are worried about overwatering simply bottom feed. Pour your nute solution into the runoff tray and let the plants soak it up for 20 minutes and that's it. Then maybe mist the top if you care to. They will perk right back up as soon as their feed schedule is corrected.

When the coco dries out it causes the salt levels to skyrocket. And because there is no moisture there to regulate, you have a root system surrounded by salts and will lock out the nutrients and or supplements. This often displays as a deficiency or nute burn because it is essentially a combination of both. Just water until you get a tiny run off. Always water around the edge of the container as that's where the most salt build up occurs.

Best wishes

Thanks for the information. It seems like 2 of them perked up but now it's a waiting game to see if they start growing. I hope they do. If not I'm going to end this grow and start over.

Back
Top Bottom