Mildewish?

Marthajeep

420 Member
Last night I determined my seed was not going to make it, started a new seed, and turned everything off. Or so I thought. Walked past the tent today and I had vapor pouring out the viewing vent and couldn’t see through to the bottom. Forgot to turn off the humidifier. I opened things up to let it dry out, but there is the slight smell of mildew coming from the soil. Wondering if I use that soil, will I be asking for mold? Or just let it dry out and use it as planned?

Hiya @Marthajeep ...hmm let it dry well and see how it smells then is my vote. I'd guess it's probably just fine. Dry the tent nice also! What kind of soil is it?

That’s the plan, it was only on for about 12 hours. It really smelled more like a camping tent than overwhelming mildew, but I have a sensitive nose. It’s been almost 8 hours drying out and the smell is pretty much gone. Hopefully all is good. I’m running roots organic original and kind soil.

Not sure yet, the kind is only on the bottom. A lot of people say ffof is too hot for seeds and I had no problem last run. As far as I have seen Roots soil doesn’t seem to get that rap as much as ffof, I guess time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom