Mini hygrometers for curing

i'd put it in a proper sealer jar first. that fridge container isn't helping the cause.
leave it in the sealer jar and see where it's at.

if it's past dry just leave jarred tight. you can refrigerate to slow it a bit.

i use bovedas during cure and for long term storage. they can help with a difficult cure to a degree, but i don't depend on them. they can pull flavour and terpenes out if you try to re-hydrate with them. i've had better cures either leaving them out entirely, or using them right when i jar everything up.

I have 12 1.9L jars that are going to be used once my other stuff is dry I just didn’t want to use a quarter of a jar and not be able to add to it. Here is another update. Not exactly sure whats going on with the minis. I got a 62% Integra humidipak about 16 hours ago and added it to the container. These are my current readings. The inline fan is reading 61% and the other reader is reading 60%. My dehumidifier is set to 60% so they seem to be the most accurate? It seems to be that the minis are about -4-5%? The one in the container reads 58% so +4% is 62 which is the humidipak. Did I get a bad batch of minis?
2771EBD4-D6DB-4B17-B05B-830560A985B2.jpegDBC17124-7C85-4B52-9F59-9F9C96C3B5D2.jpeg11D7A109-D5B5-4E8A-BD8B-9882D55CC882.jpegCD9D3FA2-77BB-446E-9322-36B5D2CFF1EE.jpeg

probably not.

likely a combination of things. hygrometer in the grow room is at the highest point, where both the temp and humidity are going to be the greatest. the others are all within spec of each other, and the one in fridge container can't make up for the improper jar.

bovedas don't automatically raise the rh. what they do is even the moisture that is there out evenly through the plant material. they won't bring it back, and what they do will take a few days.

probably not.

likely a combination of things. hygrometer in the grow room is at the highest point, where both the temp and humidity are going to be the greatest. the others are all within spec of each other, and the one in fridge container can't make up for the improper jar.

bovedas don't automatically raise the rh. what they do is even the moisture that is there out evenly through the plant material. they won't bring it back, and what they do will take a few days.
I understand all of that but my hygroemeter that runs the fan is laying beside the minis. It is reading 61%. Also since I put the pack in the container it did raise 2%. I though the packs added and removed humidity not disperse it?

I understand all of that but my hygroemeter that runs the fan is laying beside the minis. It is reading 61%. Also since I put the pack in the container it did raise 2%. I though the packs added and removed humidity not disperse it?

i see a temp control reading 69f. the hygrometer on top of the fan reads 60%.

there's a chance one is out as well. the analogs i use can be out as much as 5%. i just average it out.

edit: - see it enlarged ...

Calibration works with most types of salt. A few teaspoons of salt in a bottle cap just moistened with water and put in a baggie (with meter)will read 75% once it reaches equilibrium. This will take 24 hrs to get an accurate reading.
I may have bought the same set from the zon and had the same issue.
I'll be getting some adjustable analog types in the future.
I just sent back an eight pack of those Chinese units. There was 15 degree difference in some AFTER the salt test.

Back
Top Bottom