Mini hygrometers for curing

JWPcinders

Hellllo, so I bought this 8 pack from Amazon. I took them out of the pack and they were all reading relatively close. I put them in my dry room where I have a hygrometer reader on my inline fan. I popped one of them in a container of weed I am curing. But the % doesn’t seem to move lol. They move a little but not much. My dry room inline fan hygrometer says it is 60% and the minis all say something different. Heres some pics. Any suggestions with the didferences?
16144CAD-ED52-4929-A6C2-3B825748CFD6.jpegF0DBF1CC-FA8E-4FA9-88EE-266435D7A709.jpeg6240B61A-A870-4E2B-9718-958DABF17848.jpeg34C3EF25-0388-4A46-96BE-8586038E56FF.jpeg

Penny may know this but someone was telling me the other day you can put a cap full of epsom salt in a bag with the mini hygrometers and they should read 72%... I did not bookmark that so I’m questioning my memory if 72 was the right number....

also JWP, that looks lIke the settings screen for a cloud line fan.... which is very nice but is that the local rh shown or the rh from the remote probe inside the tent.,? Just checking

I don't like my meters getting all sticky ,laying in the buds.
So I use old school jars with glass lids & rubber rings. Then I use sticky tape to hold it to the lid

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

Penny may know this but someone was telling me the other day you can put a cap full of epsom salt in a bag with the mini hygrometers and they should read 72%... I did not bookmark that so I’m questioning my memory if 72 was the right number....

also JWP, that looks lIke the settings screen for a cloud line fan.... which is very nice but is that the local rh shown or the rh from the remote probe inside the tent.,? Just checking
There is no tent it is a room in my house. And the probe is in the room.

I have the same style cheap Chinese molded plastic takes hearing aid style batteries.... I’ve seen 420 user Senior Moments has really nice ones that are made into lids to fit mason jars and they have analog scale like a meter. There are other style out there but I foolishly jumped on the inexpensive one from the Zon

Hygrometer See pics at post #4

Calibration works with most types of salt. A few teaspoons of salt in a bottle cap just moistened with water and put in a baggie (with meter)will read 75% once it reaches equilibrium. This will take 24 hrs to get an accurate reading.
I may have bought the same set from the zon and had the same issue.
I'll be getting some adjustable analog types in the future.

i use the cheap plastic analog ones. they are always out a bit. i make note of where they sit against a digital meter, and just keep that in mind while curing. they're hardly a couple bucks each.

Hey Doll, I agree wholeheartedly... did you see the ones from the link? I love the analog jar lid version!!
Hey there Tiger :laughtwo: :hug:
I almost bought some on Etsy but they are $12 a piece. Maybe later on when I'm rich and all powerful!?!
Perhaps I can diy my own?

Back
Top Bottom