MisterMister's First Grow

Mistermister

Hi :420: guys, first timer here. Been reading as much as i can.
Im 8 weeks in, ill be flowering my first gal soon. I know its a rather long veg but ive been building as i go, still working on bloom room.
What ive got: 7 x 2.5 x 8 closet, putting divider up for two 3.5 x 2.5 x 8 closets.
Grow: Two 250w Led lights (11 band and 9 band) roughly 18 inches from plants
Bloom: one 400w hps (havent started bloom yet)
Water: Poland Springs
Soil: Fox Farm
I started with ocean forest, happy frog, and perlite. After 8 weeks ive decided that future grows need a lighter soil (so i got ff light warrior for future grows), ive been having nutrient burn on almost all the fan leaves coming from the main stem overtime. i clipped them as they became yellowed and dried. Tho ive read numerous articles debating whether i should or not, figured it was best to do so.
Also i think the soil needs to be more porous, when the soil dries it looks like a solid block of dirt which cant be good for the roots, id be more comfortable with the soil looking more fluffy and dark. Probably best not to let soil dry out too much.
Planter sizes: 4 inch (first month), then moved to 3-5.5 gal (not sure if 3 gal is enough)

My Perpetual Grow Project includes several feminized AK47 i got from amsterdamseeds
My oldest is 2 months old, still in veg, ive even began two succesful clones from her and more to follow.
My plan is to finish the closet and switch her to flower, soon. Currently i got some makeshift walls, struggling to get humidity, aircirculation, and temp in order. Temperatures sit around 73-83. And humidity at 40-60. I am actively monitoring everything throughout the day.
I water her now about 2000-2500ml (thats 4-5 bottles) every other day, i go two days without watering and i get that dry block o dirt look. Shes about two feet tall and bushy as hell. Probably 20 tops or so. Cant wait to flower her.

Ill get pictures up soon.
More to follow
Comments and advice welcome
Thanks

:welcome:
Welcome to the site brother!! 8 weeks veg is perfect IMO. I vegged my Flux for about 90 days, so no worries on over vegging. It just means more plant= more bud.

I have some video guides in my signature if you need help uploading pictures or adding a link to your signature. Make sure you check out the FAQ section of the site where you can post specific questions.

And now that you are a member you can vote in our monthly contests :thumb:

Good luck with your grow, sounds like a great setup. I am interested in those leds that you have, cant wait to see them in action. those led can really give a good veg. I guess you are ready for that stretch during flowering with you high space. I bet you are going to get a proper tree over there :)
Ak47 is one of my favorite strains. I will never forget the first smoke that i had in amsterdam
I am going to keep my eye on this one/

Alrighty then thanks for following everyone.

After 2 weeks of fiddling with makeshift humidomes and dropcloths, i get the right stuff. Keep in mind ive never really gardened before.
image23948.jpg

Wk5
image23956.jpg

notice some serious nutrient burns, this has been a constant nuisence, ocean forest/happy frog definitely too hot, i got Light Warrior ill mix with happy frog and try that in the future. I should also mention that like an idiot had given it even more foxfarm nutrients like a week or two before, very bad decision but lots of water seemed to flush it before it got too bad, tho i do think plant#4 may have developed some kind of lock out that i didnt catch in time
image23958.jpg

Its all trial & error when you start growing this lovely plant. In time you will learn to read what ur plants need/want. Looking gd bro.

White balance adjustment

I got two led lights now so the pics i have are very "magenta". I hope to get an led filter in the future, those green glasses that cost like $80 from method seven.

If you have a decent camera, then it should have a "white balance" function. Try fiddling with that first before buying an expensive LED lens filter. This photo was taken with my 400w LED blazin'. To the naked eye, it's a purple-ish hue. With my camera's white balance adjusted, it looks like a bright, white CFL.
IMG_64913.JPG

Back
Top Bottom