MitchConnor's Organic Auto Grow w/ Advanced LED

MitchConnor

Finally moved in to my new place and now it's time to start my first real grow. I am getting my closet all set up this week and should have seeds germinating in a few days. I will update with pics when it is all completed.

I will be using Advanced LED lights & Blue Planet Nutrients! Thank you for the great customer support and products.

I plan to sprout 5 Snowryder seeds and then pick out the males and possibly sprout Auto Assassin or a Lavender bagseed I have.

I will be using different techniques I have picked up, including- Tiered Transplanting, Root Growth and Development, Organic Growing, Possibly Colloidal Silver Fem Seed Production

Autoflowering plants grow for a certain amount of time rather than when you change light cycles. I'm going to minimize stress so there is no shock period. I also want to focus on root growth so I can get a sturdy, well based plant and maximize yield.

What strain is it? Short Stuff Snowryder & Auto Assassin
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica Hybrid (Similar to White Widow & Snow White)
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Nothing Yet (Max one week)
If in Veg... For how long? Not long it's an auto
If in Flower stage... For how long? 10 weeks start to finish
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Hoffmans Purely Organic Potting Soil, Perlite, Vermiculite
If soil... What size pot? Party cups then probably 2gal
Size of light? 100w Advanced LED Diamond Series, Assorted CFLs, Possibly additional LED later on
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 75-80 day, 62-66 night
RH of Room/cab? 45-65
PH of media or res? Waiting for Cal Solution in mail
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Not sure yet
Type and strength of ferts used? Blue Planet Nutrients Organic 7 part pack

I did a little more work on the closet today. I am all set now besides getting the black and white poly in the mail and smacking it up on the walls. I am also waiting on mt BPN nutes.

Got my water setting so the chlorine evaporates. Going to pick up a small air pump tomorrow morning to help with that. Will this also stabilize my PH in the water?

I mixed my soil today, watered it down, and let it dry in the sun for the day, while mixing it every hour or so.
-Hoffman's Organic Potting Soil
Nitrogen- .10%
Phosphate- .05%
Potash- .05%
Ingredients- 40-50% Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, 40-50% Composted Forest Products, 3-5% Perlite, 5% Fine Sand, Pasteurized poultry litter

I added in about 35% extra perlite and about 5-10% vermiculite for my final
mix.

One thing I completely forgot to take into consideration is the PH up and down effecting my organic grow. I don't think it'll change to much of the final product, but it makes it not a 100% organic I guess.

Germination will most likely be tomorrow. I'm more than pumped. :cheer:

Hey Mitch, since you are going organic you will not need to PH your nutes if you keep your soil at a stable PH around 6.5. Add dolomite lime to your list, you will need it.... GL on your adventure...

I never really understood dolomite lime exactly. Does it just keep everything that goes into the soil at 6.5? What form does it come in? How do apply it to the soil, or mixture of nutes and water?

My tap reads usually 7.1. I never calibrated my PH meter, so I have no clue how accurate that number is. I have some cal solution on the way too lol. Love ordering stuff online, the wait is bad but the arrival is awesome.

Organic, LED and autflowering are all right up my alley. Subbed for sure and best of luck on your grow!

Glad to have you along for the ride lol.

Today I put my seeds in soil after a 13 hour pre soak. Got the poly up on the walls. Just need to make some finishing touches and get my led from a buddy and I think I'm all set. I will have pics up by the end of the weekend.

Im in. Totally second what BE Irie said. I started growing with organics and it was a disaster. I though "wow they must be eating alot looking at these defencencies!" WRONG!! Ph problem all the way. Ended up burning the plants so that by the 4th week of flowering NOT A SINGLE fan leaf remained lol. :goodluck:

I never really understood dolomite lime exactly. Does it just keep everything that goes into the soil at 6.5? What form does it come in? How do apply it to the soil, or mixture of nutes and water?

My tap reads usually 7.1. I never calibrated my PH meter, so I have no clue how accurate that number is. I have some cal solution on the way too lol. Love ordering stuff online, the wait is bad but the arrival is awesome.

Hey Mitch, you in CO by chance? ;-) Love the name... Anyway, dolomite lime helps to raise and stabilize PH for a period of time based on your container size and fertilization strength and rate. I always add dolomite lime myself because it also helps with the uptake of NPK and by the time you hit flower your soil PH has usually dropped and needs more lime then too. So, I add at this frequency:

-New soil mix: about 1 1/2 - 2 tsp per gallon of soil
-About week 1 - 2 of flower: 1 1/2 - 2 tsp per gallon of soil

Generally, it comes in powder form and you can sprinkle it on top of each pot when you transplant and water in. Do the same for flowering.

Also, calibrate every week, you will be happy you did. I hope all of this info helps... good luck! Can't wait for the pics.

Nope not from CO. Thanks for the info.

About to pick up powered dolomite lime from amazon. Should I send back my PH up and down and get a refund?

I have a cheap yellow PH pen that I got on ebay a while back. It has a button on the back, is that the calibration button? I'm supposed to calibrate with 7.00 cal soultion then 4.00 solution correct?

Re: MitchConnor's Organic Auto Grow w/ AdvancedLED & BPN

Look up the name of the pen with the word calibration and you should find exactly how. Some people use both calibration solutions, I do. It's okay to just use 7 cal solution but I'd get both, it helps to keep the entire range calibrated correctly.

Here it is guys not the neatest setup but will satisfy my needs for now. My closet is roughly 5'5"x2'8"x7'10".

I still have about 2 feet or so above the grow so I plan to make some shelves for nutes and all that.

I got some dolomite lime and just sprinkled a little bit on top of the party cups. Still waiting on PH cal solution and nutes in the mail.

Sorry for the bad pic quality. My camera must have been dirty.

2011-10-07_00-01-55_894.jpg

One finally broke the soil! Can't wait for the next couple of days for the rest to pop.

2011-10-10_00-27-35_639.jpg

And here is the BPN Organic Line.

2011-10-10_00-27-05_90.jpg

Just made an order from the tude and got a ton of freebies. I got 5 Kali Mist and the rest were free. Total with guaranteed stealth shipping was about $80.

I plan to throw the autos in with the seeds I already have then start a few mothers and a SOG with the clones.

12 Fem Seeds for $80 is pretty good deal I would say.

5 Delicious Seeds Critical Kali Mist Feminized
G13 Labs Auto AK Feminzed
G13 Labs Purple Haze Feminized
G13 Labs Pineapple Express Feminized
Paradise Nebula Feminized
Paradise Seeds Wappa Feminized
2 Delicious Seeds La Diva Feminized Automatic

I ended up canceling that seed order when I realized I need to grow some Headband or LSD for the next grow.

I am going to buy a Badyboy T5 8 bulb for my closet. I plan to run a SCROG for the next grow after the autos are finished up. Let me know what you think.

Only two of my Snowryder seeds sprouted, but they were free so oh well. I'm going to pop some Auto Assasins in the next few days.

These nutes are very strong smelling. Like it took an hour to rid the smell of my room lol. I gave a very diluted feed to the two sprouts. They reacted positively and now its on to a higher dose next week. I plan to do feed-feed-water-feed.

Born on 10-9.
2011-10-18_14-14-33_488.jpg

Born 10-10. Mutant leaves, it looks like all of them might grow like that.
2011-10-18_14-14-59_819.jpg

At 16 and 17 days all I have to say is wow. Autos grow so fast. I added a 55w, 2x13w hanging. I rotate the plants a few times a day.

The older of the the two is almost definatly a female. I have never got a male so can't really tell yet but, I see no ballsacks so I figure its a girl. Same goes for the younger plant but, once again I don't trust myself enough to say forsure yet.

The younger one is much smaller, about half the size of the older one. I have a feeling that it has to do with the gnats. I saw them a few days ago and figured I would get to it this weekend but the problem is getting worse. I read gnat larva feeds on the roots so I figured that might be the problem. I will get on that tomorrow.

I've been misting the plants with PH balanced water about 6.4. I do it a few times a day and the seem to respond better than without.

Nutes have been going great. I feed every other watering. I will post the feeding tomorrow. What is a better way to measure out the nutes in ml. I am using a syringe type thing and it works well just wondering. BPN Farmer's Pride reeks and I don't really want to make a huge mess with them.

2011-10-26_04-32-51_658.jpg

2011-10-26_04-33-12_870.jpg

2011-10-26_04-33-43_860.jpg

2011-10-26_04-35-04_901.jpg

Uh I'm thinking there is some bad news guys. The older of the two plants looks like it might be a male after all. What are your opinions?
2011-10-28_04-59-07_349.jpg

And the perlite helped with the gnats a little. I have a sample in the mail for some Sierra Natural Science 203 Soil Drench. Will let you know how it goes when I use it.

Back
Top Bottom