Molasses for stickier buds?

I haven't seen much of a difference giving it to them in the first few weeks of bloom, or when you flip the switch. I have noticed the last few weeks of bloom are the most important times for it, just my personal observation.

QueenTokelove said:
After reading this thread, I rushed out this morning and bought some Grandma's molasses. I had water already sitting out so I boiled it and added the molasses. I think I read here that someone started giving this to their plants from the beginning of flowering but then I see some say they started on the 4th week of flowering. Which is best? Or is it personal choice?

Plantation BLACKSTRAP is the best brand for plant food purposes. Grandma's has three times as much Sodium as Plantation does. Half the potassium and a third the calcium. Sodium is very harmful to roots, so you don't want to be adding a high sodium compound to your soil! The lower sodium in Plantation allows for a larger dose of the syrup than the more common brands like Grandmas, B Rabbit and such. Tastes better too! :)

Been using Molasses for years as a pre harvest flush for our food crops as well as the Cannabis. Plantation or nothing for me. ;)

Most health food stores carry Plantation brand Blackstrap. I recently learned that Whole Foods carries their entire line. Harder to find at chain stores and big box stores though.

Unsulphured of course! Costs about 4 bucks per bottle.

1 TBSP per gallon.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Grandma's Molasses has 15mg of sodium per tbsp

Plantation has 10mg of sodium per tbsp

Hardly enough difference to warrant almost double the price......

Hardly worth 2 bucks more per 15 oz bottle to feed to plants that you spend 16 weeks of your life taking care of? LOL! :laughtwo: Whatever dude.

I'll post the following label photos for those who might be interested in using the best brand for plants. They can compare these numbers to the other brands and decide if this stuff is worth 1-2 bucks more per 15 oz bottle. :icon_roll

Always a good idea to check the additional contents of anything you add to your feeding schedule. Not all Molasses are created equal. Some are far better formulated for plant food than other brands, but you are obviously the foremost expert on this subject, so I will bow to your superior knowledge and experience. :adore:

P1011578.JPG
P1011579.JPG

:icon_roll

Looks like the difference is that yours has 50% more sodium. Or... One could feed 1½ tbsp. of Plantation and only add as much sodium as 1 tbsp of Grandma's.

Whether or not that is significant in terms of the amounts of sodium involved in relation to the plants, I cannot say. But purely in terms of the amounts of sodium per serving, I would call a 50% difference significant.

Could this be done with honey as well?Maybe a half,half mixture 3 weeks before picking?:adore:

No, no, no....honey is for the bbq spare ribs!

Hardly worth 2 bucks more per 15 oz bottle to feed to plants that you spend 16 weeks of your life taking care of? LOL! :laughtwo: Whatever dude.

Actually, it's double the price of Grandma's! If you are growin' 40-50 plants, supplement/nutrient costs can be significant.

I'll post the following label photos for those who might be interested in using the best brand for plants. They can compare these numbers to the other brands and decide if this stuff is worth 1-2 bucks more per 15 oz bottle. :icon_roll

You say it's the best brand. The real question is whether or not you are credible....

but you are obviously the foremost expert on this subject, so I will bow to your superior knowledge and experience. :adore:

There's something we can agree upon!!

Whether or not that is significant in terms of the amounts of sodium involved in relation to the plants, I cannot say.

I would assume that we are all speaking in this context.....:icon_roll

I had someone suggest that on the last few days right before the flush, high fructose corn syrup at 3 tblspn per gall will really sugar you up.

I like Hawaiian Tropic Juice Personally (last 2 days). I've seen just a bit of sugar used in the full 8-16 weeks in 12/12. but in my experience you get PH trouble adding too much sugars because when they break down its acid and its also able to ferment in soil.

But I always buy that juice, if fact i am drinking the orange passion now. cheers.

After reading this thread, I rushed out this morning and bought some Grandma's molasses. I had water already sitting out so I boiled it and added the molasses. I think I read here that someone started giving this to their plants from the beginning of flowering but then I see some say they started on the 4th week of flowering. Which is best? Or is it personal choice?

I gave my girls a shot of molasses in veg and they seemed to like it. I figure it's about feeding the good root microorganisms, mycorrhiza, right from the start.

The girls are in flower now and I am continuing with molasses when I water between nute waterings.

according to the Three Little Birds and their treatise on molasses, unsulfured may be the best but they think any molasses is OK.

I dunno.

I've been using Mascobado organic sugar, which is unrefined sugar + molasses + bagasse with great results. Sodium content: 0,26 mg per 100 g.

Back
Top Bottom