Monster Cropping, Clone Success Rate?

Herby Paisley

Hi... Folks This is going to be my first try at monster cropping was wondering if anyone has attempted monster cropping and how was your clone success rate from taking clones during flowering and re-veg after harvesting.. Any major does and don'ts I should be looking out for? :)

When I tried it, I took the clone cuttings early in flower. Right after pistils showed.

Success rate was just like normal. The regrowth is really weird and takes a long time to normal out.

But it will branch like crazy.
Thanks for letting me know about the success rate for the clones during early flower, :) ... Have you ever taken clones at harvest by re vegging the blooming plant?

No, I’ve never tried that.
Hmm... Guess I'll try it and see what happens, The worst is the plant doesn't re veg and dies, I would just be missing out on some time and nutes ,seening as in I would have harvested bud from her once already. lol...All in the pursuit of saving good genetics!

Well I have decided and I'm going to do it... I'm going to attempt a reveg of my harvested plant. Just wondering what kind of timeline I'm looking at till shes back up and vegging normal?

Depends, are you talking reveg the whole plant or cut branches off a harvested plant to clone them?

If you are talking reveg the whole plant? It’s not up to you, it’s up to the plant. She will decide if you left enough fan leaves and growth to keep drawing sap and stay alive. Slow process 4 to 6 weeks depending.

Cut branches off harvested plant trying to clone them. Never tried that personally.

Depends, are you talking reveg the whole plant or cut branches off a harvested plant to clone them?

If you are talking reveg the whole plant? It’s not up to you, it’s up to the plant. She will decide if you left enough fan leaves and growth to keep drawing sap and stay alive. Slow process 4 to 8 weeks depending.

Cut branches off harvested plant trying to clone them. Never tried that personally.
I'm Re vegging to take clones, thanks for the time line on how long. :)

I revegged a plant once. I didn't leave any leaves at all. I cut the whole plant down to about 10" tall, bare branches. Took about 2 - 3 weeks & then nubs started appearing everywhere. I ended up transplanting to a 10 gallon pot from a 5. That plant got huge. About 4' in diameter & about 4.5' tall.

Re-Veg plant

Attachments

• GEDC4388.JPG
    GEDC4388.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
  • GEDC4329.JPG
    GEDC4329.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
Only thing I could find big enough for 10 gallon pots were totes. I usually put wire closet shelving on top of the tote & set the plant on the shelving. That way the water runs through to the tote & your plant isn't sitting in the water getting root rot. I only have to empty the run off from the totes once a week this way too. I usually use the run off on outdoor yard plants.
Here's a pic of what I mean. These are 5 gallon pots with oil drain pans & wire shelving. Perfect fit.
6-120.JPG

My backyard has no grass right now. Just some plants I put in. I just kind of dump buckets all over the yard to enrich the soil some so when I do plant grass I get a slight bump. I recently bought this place so changing all kinds of stuff to privatize it more.

My backyard has no grass right now. Just some plants I put in. I just kind of dump buckets all over the yard to enrich the soil some so when I do plant grass I get a slight bump. I recently bought this place so changing all kinds of stuff to privatize it more.
LOl...Thats awesome, forget the lawn grass grow a field of the good smok'in grass for a backyard greenery! :)

Back
Top Bottom