420 Magazine Background

Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains In DBHBB

Morglie

That's going to be a fun smoke! Nice early surprise.
It's going to have a nice flavor. I can't quite place it yet as I put the bud in a dehydrator, so it saped a lot of the terps, but it's kind of a mintiness with lime in the nose on exhale. Very nice floaty sativa buzz from the small bowl I smoked last night. It didn't bulk up nearly as well as I was hoping, but there's still lots of bud on her. I think this may be my go to day smoke.
:slide:
Man, lots of firepower in that garden. I think I have a different pheno of thai pan. Mine isn't as wild and has some pretty thick pistols but doesn't resemble Panama. I think I have a good 50/50 mix. Good news on the Mulanje too, I can't wait to start popping some of those. I'm contemplating another small tent to grow out some males and collect the pollen. I have some interesting crosses I want to do. The Mulanje x Killer will be an incredible mix I'm sure.
Mine is the only Thai leaner I've seen. Small buds, but they are tric covered and there should be plenty of taste.

The Mulanje are not the easiest strain to grow, but you should be good with it. One of mine had the fans go limp like my ThaiPan, but it kept chugging along and finished fine. I'm running really hot 3rd run soil though, which I'm thinking is my issue. I'll be in 1st run next batch. Hopefully they like it better.

I'm really excited to see how the killer A5 x Mulanje goes. From what both smoke like, it should be a stealer cross, if it doesn't diminish the yield or the way it wants to bush up so easily. The Killer, is so easy to get an even canopy it makes me feel like I'm cheating.
:ganjamon:

Morglie

Yeah the killer is like a perfectly behaved child...you just don't see them very often. That is such an easy plant to grow and the clones behave the very same way.
In my reading up on breeding, I've come across a guide geared towards breeding for personal use and it focused on things like growth structure. I think this thing grows like this for a reason. It probably comes from the Northern Lights side of the A5. I'm sure it was a highly worked line that they used for the cross with a wild Haze to tame it like this. It's a special cut from the growing side, as well as the consuming side.

Thank you.
:Namaste:

kelticBlue

Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016, Apr 2017 - Photo of the Month: May 2018
This is one of those strains I've wanted to grow for a while.....
Me too, I just found my first ACE catalog, I got with my first seed order. NJ looked nice in it. At the time I was also on a different mag forum that had a bunch of people who had crossed NJ with OE, reportedly well balanced poly hybrid offspring.
I was looking at the NJ breeders pack the other day. But that would have to be my last for at least a couple years, so I hold off. but.....That nepal pheno could mix with anything for a pollen chuck. .......I got to settle down.....:nerd-with-glasses:

Morglie

Me too, I just found my first ACE catalog, I got with my first seed order. NJ looked nice in it. At the time I was also on a different mag forum that had a bunch of people who had crossed NJ with OE, reportedly well balanced poly hybrid offspring.
I was looking at the NJ breeders pack the other day. But that would have to be my last for at least a couple years, so I hold off. but.....That nepal pheno could mix with anything for a pollen chuck. .......I got to settle down.....:nerd-with-glasses:
The Orient Express cross is one that Ace made. Probably inspired by the ones people were already making, that you saw.

I skipped NepJam before, and went for Bangi Haze, not realizing that the Bangi was bred towards the Congolese side and the NepJam was bred towards the Nepalese side. Nepalese looks like a great tool for making manageable sized, quick flowering sativa crosses, which is the main reason I picked it up.

I have to say, the structure on the one I'm running along with the Orient Express cross, is excellent. It's the most well behaved plant I've ever ran.

Now to find the purple pheno and start pollinating it.
:3:

Van Stank

Member of the Month: Nov 2017 - Plant of the Month: June 2018, November 2018 - Plant of the Year: 2018

Morglie

Sounds like a good plan brother! We will be watching!!! :popcorn:
Good to have you around Van. I need to get my Stankberry out and get a few pics for you. She's been flowering for about a week now. Just getting ready to start stacking and oozing resin.

Van Stank

Member of the Month: Nov 2017 - Plant of the Month: June 2018, November 2018 - Plant of the Year: 2018
Nice....hopefully you can find a Blueberry muffin leaning pheno. Don't get me wrong...the ATF leaning one is nice....but its just not as electric as the Blueberry muffin one.

stoneotter

Member of the Month: July 2019
Nice....hopefully you can find a Blueberry muffin leaning pheno. Don't get me wrong...the ATF leaning one is nice....but its just not as electric as the Blueberry muffin one.
You got me having to have a muffin one Van. Hi Morglie

Morglie

Electric. Now that's a good word to describe the kind of buzz I like. I'm not getting much in the way of smell off of her yet, but I'm keeping my eye out for the smell of muffins.

Here have some of this electric Thai x Pan.
:48:
You got me having to have a muffin one Van. Hi Morglie
Hey Otter. :welcome:

The muffin send to be the one to look for.

Here's some Thai x Pan for you to.

Van Stank

Thats right....I gave Stone Otter some of the last of my Blueberry Muffin pheno. I smoked my last of it a while back and its still got that electricity to it. Man I miss that and am so pissed I never cloned that one!

stoneotter

Electric. Now that's a good word to describe the kind of buzz I like. I'm not getting much in the way of smell off of her yet, but I'm keeping my eye out for the smell of muffins.

Here have some of this electric Thai x Pan.

Hey Otter. :welcome:

The muffin send to be the one to look for.

Here's some Thai x Pan for you to.
I'm in

stoneotter

Thats right....I gave Stone Otter some of the last of my Blueberry Muffin pheno. I smoked my last of it a while back and its still got that electricity to it. Man I miss that and am so pissed I never cloned that one!
I'm going to try to find it and make seeds. Another avenue to walk. Are you saying you have to hunt for the muffin pheno too?

Morglie

That's the way it seems to work. I've gotten lazy with my cloning and never kept cuts off several plants that I wish I had now. It gives me the excuse to pop more seeds I suppose.
:3:
Hi morgli!!!
Hey Fish! :ciao:

Glad to see you've got some internet, even if it is temporary.

This Thai x Panama I just cut is killer. I need to figure out what to pollinate it with, that will retain the buzz. Clear headed and energizing without being jittery. Should be excellent for outdoor activities. I cobbed a bit of it up as well. That should be interesting in a few months.

neikodog

Member of the Month: June 2018
That's good news on the Thai x Panama, bad news is, I didn't clone mine. She's packing frost pretty early too. Like you said though, gives me a chance to pop more seeds.

I checked my Stankberry this morning for smells, it's still in early flower but she's smells like bubblegum right now.

Morglie

That's good news on the Thai x Panama, bad news is, I didn't clone mine. She's packing frost pretty early too. Like you said though, gives me a chance to pop more seeds.

I checked my Stankberry this morning for smells, it's still in early flower but she's smells like bubblegum right now.
I've been considering dropping the Thai x Pan for the same reason you dropped your Thai chi. It's a lovely plant but it gets it if hand really quick. The last one too me over an hour just to cut and wash it. It took up a full drying box by itself.

I'm trying to keep the branching down on this next grow of it, to hopefully let it focus more energy into less branches and maybe bulk up a bit.

I've got another cut of it in veg in a starter pot. It's ready to be up potted and flipped, but there won't be room for about a month. Hopefully I can keep her under control until then.

It's a lovely plant, but I'd like to keep the genetics in seed form somehow instead of keeping the cut going. I've got rogue seed from this one that came from my Mulanje that hermied. I'll see how that cross comes out, to see if it's a good cross. It was the squat wide leaved pheno, so it's got potential to tame it some without changing the buzz much.

Edit: I'll get the Mulanje together for you shortly. I'm also planning on sending you some seeds from the Killer A5 and Bubba Hash that I pollinated with the Mulanje males. We can see how those crosses work out.

Van Stank

Thats a new one....kind of curious as to how it develops!

Top Bottom