Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

Super big thank you! to you for pointing Sue that way. I skim read that thread before and never put much thought to it, til it showed up here! ((I read and lurked over there before i joined here...))

. . . I sure got the cob-bing all wrong. I just thought it was something you had to bury in the ground, hot tropical like ground.
I am looking forward to having cigar like smoothness, my wife likes to smoke and she is interested in the cob for the smoke. I have a good feeling about this.
:high-five::thanks: Morglie!
You're welcome. Cigar smoothness sounds good to me too. I need to get my ass in gear. I've got a large Malawi putting on weight...
I can attest to cobbing and its wonderful smmoth smoke and trippy effects when ingesting.

I have heard that the Zamaldelica has a bunch of phenotypes. Did you smoke off of one plant or did youi grow a few? Might be worth another grow if you did not like the first.

Cheers,
I only grew out two phenos. They both seemed to have similar buzzes. I grew them in the kit but it was my first run, so I was still learning. My environmentals weren't great either. I did run the one cut 3 times and I did get better plants those times, but I still don't think they were up to par.

Now that I have my environmentals fairly dialed in, that could change. So many seeds though..... I'll get around to trying it again at some point.

Some pictures from the flower room.

Strange brew seed maker. I love the way the buds on this pheno look. Pollinated by Apollo 13.

Another purple Malawi that is a seed maker.

This is my next cut of my purple Malawi and a cut of PM x UD that are going into totes for the indoor grow.

Crockett Dawg seeded.

My purple Malawi in flower. All the limbs you see in the background are all the same plant. She's starting to stack. :slide:

Peace

Looks perfect :smokin:

Looks perfect :smokin:
Thanks Con. I'm excited to see what I get in my PM x UD. I haven't gotten a female of UD to try yet, but the one I'm growing inside is leaning that way. I'm hoping for some hybrid vigor. So far my outdoor girls are very happy. They will be going outside soon. I don't want to go to early and start them flowering like I did last year. They aren't clones but they are mature and ready to flower. The male has been under 11/13 for about a week now and is starting to grow balls.

It's gonna be a quick bloomer, this I can tell you :)

Yes, quite a bit. I found the pheno in the first batch of Ace seeds I got about two years ago. It's got this smell that's part berry and part fresh pine shavings. Terpinolene is highest terpene. 9-10 weeks to finish and it's got an intense, energizing buzz that lasts several hours. It's my favorite smoke over anything I've ever had.
Awesome! You don't happen to live near Oregon, do you. I can't wait to see what the PMxUD does for you. I might play with some UD Zamaldelica genetics soon. I think I have a purple Zamaldelica. At least she is showing purple at 34 weeks old....

Cheers,

Awesome! You don't happen to live near Oregon, do you. I can't wait to see what the PMxUD does for you. I might play with some UD Zamaldelica genetics soon. I think I have a purple Zamaldelica. At least she is showing purple at 34 weeks old....

Cheers,
I'm a ways East of you. In the armpit of America. That hasn't stopped the post from traveling the route though.

That's sweet on a purple zamedelica. There's a purple zamal that Ace has, but it's not the same line as they used for zamedelica. That may be coming through from the Thai or Malawi. Pretty cool. Post a pic here if you want.

Huh...interesting. It's not purple today, but I labled it and it was definitely purple at the meristem just last week. I had another small weed turn purple for the same few days last week. Temps are low and they go outside a lot this time of year.

Did I say 34 weeks? I mean 3-4 weeks.

I have heard of the purple zamal. Sounds interesting but I think it would have caught on more if it was a sweet plant. Maybe its good for breeding though? The Zamaldelica definitely has a following, same with Malawi and the Golden Tiger. One Tangwena talks about that I would like to grow is an Aussie weed called Chopper Read. It's sativa too.

Anyways you got me dreaming of Zamaldelica harvests. I dug this up. A post on a sister site. This guy grew 13 Zamaldelicas and reported on all of them.

Cheers,

Huh...interesting. It's not purple today, but I labled it and it was definitely purple at the meristem just last week. I had another small weed turn purple for the same few days last week. Temps are low and they go outside a lot this time of year.

Did I say 34 weeks? I mean 3-4 weeks.

I have heard of the purple zamal. Sounds interesting but I think it would have caught on more if it was a sweet plant. Maybe its good for breeding though? The Zamaldelica definitely has a following, same with Malawi and the Golden Tiger. One Tangwena talks about that I would like to grow is an Aussie weed called Chopper Read. It's sativa too.

Anyways you got me dreaming of Zamaldelica harvests. I dug this up. A post on a sister site. This guy grew 13 Zamaldelicas and reported on all of them.

Cheers,
When you said it was purple, were you talking about just the petiolas? Doc has mentioned they will turn purple from phosphorous deficieny, which the kit seems to keep plants just on the brink of. Brix foliar will bring them back to green. That might be what you were seeing.

The purple zamal they've never released. It has semi auto flowering traits. It's also a wild tropical sativa. Not something the average grower could pull off. If I remember right it's supposed to be a bit more trippy than than Gerrit's cut that was used in Zamedelica. There are several crosses on Ace's R&D page that contain it though. I've come close to pulling the trigger on the cross with the purple pheno of Nepjam. If they pollinated it with their Panama goddess or killer Malawi I would have to get both of those. Those parental plants are aptly named.

I've read that zamedelica thread you're talking about. Good stuff. And now you have me dreaming of purple zamal x purple Malawi....

purple zamal x purple Malawi....

Haha that sounds great. Got me drooling.

The Zamaldelica was one out of three that was purple... same with the other plant...one out of three the rest being on the same feeding schedule. I found a super blurry pic. It was a bit more purple the next day then turned back to green. We will see what the fall months give us.

Haha that sounds great. Got me drooling.

The Zamaldelica was one out of three that was purple... same with the other plant...one out of three the rest being on the same feeding schedule. I found a super blurry pic. It was a bit more purple the next day then turned back to green. We will see what the fall months give us.

Nice. That looks like she'll show some purple if the temps drop low enough. Is she outside?

I've ceased looking at seed banks for about a year now for the most part, but I keep looking through Ace's site. Especially the R&D section. There are tons of crosses of the new hotness on the web, but what is that besides one super sticky strain crossed with another super sticky strain. They don't catch my eye like all the unique landraces that Ace has.

I've ceased looking at seed banks for about a year now for the most part, but I keep looking through Ace's site. Especially the R&D section. There are tons of crosses of the new hotness on the web, but what is that besides one super sticky strain crossed with another super sticky strain. They don't catch my eye like all the unique landraces that Ace has.
:rofl:Me too! I've filled shopping carts over and over then said to myself, what the hell am I doing? I'll never get to these and I clear the cart and close my browser except at ACE's site damn it! I have 6-7 R&D strains and haven't popped 1 yet. I did just pop a Thai Chi and sunk the tester Hazes, 1 of each. I'm having a hard time letting go of my keepers so I can grow some of these out. I did manage to get the best ones out into the world in case I ever want them back. I'm determined to grow a ton of new ACE gear this year. The hard part will be trying not to keep them all.

Well put.

For todays selection, One sticky bud makes sexy business with another sticky bud. Haha. Just having fun.
I am happy to see ACE help preserve the breeds from around the world. I find it interesting and inspiring.
I hope to crack a zamaldelica this week or next.
This talk of Zamedelica has me considering pulling out my zamedelica x Panama seeds. I'd like to explore those strains a bit more, now that I have the space to do it properly.
:rofl:Me too! I've filled shopping carts over and over then said to myself, what the hell am I doing? I'll never get to these and I clear the cart and close my browser except at ACE's site damn it! I have 6-7 R&D strains and haven't popped 1 yet. I did just pop a Thai Chi and sunk the tester Hazes, 1 of each. I'm having a hard time letting go of my keepers so I can grow some of these out. I did manage to get the best ones out into the world in case I ever want them back. I'm determined to grow a ton of new ACE gear this year. The hard part will be trying not to keep them all.
I've told myself I was culling my cuttings and trimmed it down to two. Now I've got a snow moon that's close to going into flower and I'm considering cloning her. I think I will, at least until I flower out the mother.
That A5 Haze cross should be something quite special. That's a treat to be able to try those out. I'd love to get my hands on some of their r&d strains.

I cut a tester bud off my carnival that I thought got saturated with pollen. It turns out it just have been just a light dusting. I didn't find a single seed in the bud I cut! I'm sure there are some but it seems to be mostly seed free! Lots and lots more carnival and a decent chunk of Crockett Dawg coming up in a few weeks! :slide:

Back
Top Bottom