Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

Hey Morgile! Not sure how I missed your journal until now but saw a couple posts you made and found my way over. I'm gonna pull up a chair if that's ok. Really great set up and strain selection. I noticed that you run a lot of regs. I haven't read the whole journal yet so sorry if this is covered in it, what ratio of males to females do you typically get? I see you make seeds. I would not make seeds and have limited space but eventually want to run some of the regs I have. My first grow, I planted 3 bag seeds and got 3 females! Love how you bought supplies in bulk!

:passitleft:

Hey Morgile! Not sure how I missed your journal until now but saw a couple posts you made and found my way over. I'm gonna pull up a chair if that's ok. Really great set up and strain selection. I noticed that you run a lot of regs. I haven't read the whole journal yet so sorry if this is covered in it, what ratio of males to females do you typically get? I see you make seeds. I would not make seeds and have limited space but eventually want to run some of the regs I have. My first grow, I planted 3 bag seeds and got 3 females! Love how you bought supplies in bulk!

:passitleft:

I have a few fem seeds, but mostly I've been running regular. I like the chance to pollinate and haven't started messing with CS to make fem seeds. It depends on the environment. Mostly I'm getting females now, but the first 3 pairs of seeds I popped in my new room were all male, I'm guessing because of the environment. It was getting up to almost 90 in the day time. Plants have a much higher chance of being male if there is stress. Welcome aboard my journey.
What's up Morglie!?

Like Ween, I must have missed your journal--good stuff in here! Like your set up with all the products up on the shelf, and the dry stuff in bins. Very nice!
Thank you. I've spent some time building and organizing my new set up. I have a confined working space so I'm trying to make the most of it. Good to have you along.

My Tangie male finally started dropping pollen a couple of days ago. It's a good thing. I'm cutting it close. I thought he was going to start dropping pollen quicker. And I was trying to make room for my garden seedlings, so I pushed them a bit close together. My ultra Dawg male is about ready to pop. He looked like this when I moved him.

This is the last male I've got. Besides some pollen from a progeny of my purple Malawi that is working it's way too me, this is the last of seed making for a bit. It's time to start pheno hunting.

I cut my CBD critical cure today. I was going to cut her next week, but the mites got bad on her the last couple of days and I'm still at the point where I can hose everything else in my flower room down. So I cut her and drenched everything else in leaf wash. My next carnival is my farthest along and she's about a week out from her first Cat drench. I'm planning on spraying her down every couple of days until then. I'm hoping at that point that the population will be diminished enough that they won't take much of a hold while she finishes flowering. That's they plan anyways.

This harvest opened up room to move a strange brew into flower. This opened up my lower veg enough to move my veggies down.

Yes, cramped, but.... It opens up upper veg to start these.

Purple Malawi x Ultra Dawg. 10 of them to start pheno hunting. I've also got a clone of the smelliest of the three I popped for outdoors, to run along side them. And to add in a little variety, and to fill the twelfth pot, I popped a seed from the Crockett Dawg I ran. It could be a self seed, or from my strange brew that threw a couple of nanners, but I'm inclined to think they are from stray pollen from the ultra Dawg male, when I made the cross with my Malawi. It's one of those seeds that will be a surprise. I normally would never run a mystery seed, but I ended up with an extra pot in this run, so I figured why not. It's great genetics either way and I might be able to distinguish some UD genetics, running it alongside the other cross.

The Love shack. Ultra Dawg male with both phenos of strange brew and purple Malawi. Hmm, don't remember if I mentioned it. When I cut the male Tangie I pollinated a bud of my carnival and Crockett Dawg on the flower room.

I've now sampled almost everything I've grown since I revamped my rooms and got a bunch of new seeds. The clear standouts so far have been Carnival and Crockett Dawg. They are mixed in the pipe tonight and I'm flying. Wow!

They only strain I haven't sampled yet is the critical cure I cut this morning. As I was washing her I was getting this aroma that reminded me of the high CBD tester seeds I got from Ace. Which got me thinking as I realized this was the citrus orange smell of cannatonic as well. I believe they are all related genetically. It should be tasty though. I did drop the clone of her, as with this harvest I have quite a bit of high CBD bud on hand and want to make room for other strains. I'm keeping cannatonic and my purple Malawi mother and letting the others go.

On my Malawi. Last summer my cut revegged on me twice due to keeping her outdoors while I was building my current grow setup. I vegged her out with lots of tops, but she was still mostly 3 bladed leaves. There was 1 growing tip that had all 5 bladed leaves, so I cut that tip for a clone. That is the hedge I put into flower last week. But before I did that, I found one growth tip that had 7 bladed leaves on it and I cut that for a clone. She went into soil yesterday. I think I may have my purple mother back to a genetically healthy plant. :slide:

So.... The other day when I thought i got my ultra Dawg moved just in time. Yea, it wasn't. I opened my flower room the other day to find a gorgeous carnival.

I'm going to have an ass ton of carnival x Ultra Dawg seeds. She's probably my best looking plant I've grown and she's covered in seeds.... Ah well. There may be magic in those beans.

I can't capture the angle right, but my purple Malawi is coming along. Luckily, she was just early enough in flower that she didn't get pollinated. She just started building flowers today. The picture is from a couple of days ago.

I have three Pakistani chitral Kush x erdpurt going for outdoors this year. They give a couple extra seeds because there's a rare pheno that starts out with deformed leaves but will grow fine with extra veg. All three of mine are this pheno. One has these super thin leaves. Pretty crazy looking on a plant that is pure indica landrace.

Hey Morgile! That 1st carnival pic has the super sheen and then on the next pic even the dying yellow leaves have that same sheen. :high-five:
Yep. It's finally got that sheen on a huge plant and it's covered in seeds.
Super interesting photos. Those skinny PCKxErdput are pretty cool leaves. I like!

That Carni, tho. Wow, healthy and bright, Looks great. pistils have the pollinated exhausted look how much longer you figuring on flower for her?
:surf:
Yea, those leaves are crazy skinny. They all look like they are revegged. One is starting to put out normal leaves, there other two haven't gotten to that point yet.

She just got her first Cat. I'm going to take her another 6 weeks at least to make sure the seeds are finished. I'll probably turn her into bubble hash after I harvest all the seeds

Hey Morglie, without going back and looking myself can you tell me if you grew out some Bangi haze? I'm ordering some more R&D strains from ACE and one of them is bangi congo x new killer malawi. I've read that the bangi is pretty potent. Just wondered what your thoughts were. Maybe I'm getting you confused with Mag7, I think he grew them. Anyway if you have any insight I'd appreciate it.

Hey Morglie, without going back and looking myself can you tell me if you grew out some Bangi haze? I'm ordering some more R&D strains from ACE and one of them is bangi congo x new killer malawi. I've read that the bangi is pretty potent. Just wondered what your thoughts were. Maybe I'm getting you confused with Mag7, I think he grew them. Anyway if you have any insight I'd appreciate it.
I've grown two plants of Bangi Haze. One reaked of key lime in flower. Great buzz, but not over the top potent. Somewhat dreamy buzz, but clear headed enough, you can snap out of it, if need be. Keep in mind, I'm comparing the potency to what I'm currently smoking, which is mostly Malawi and carnival.

The Bangi Congo x new killer Malawi doesn't use Bangi Haze. It is the Congolese strain that was used to make Bangi Haze though, I believe. I'm pretty certain it was also used in the Ace Congo strain you grew out last year, along with a black Congo strain and a touch of PCK.

Both of the Bangi Haze I grew got overran by mites. I ended up cutting the Congo leaning one about three weeks early to minimize the invasion. The Nepalese leaning one was the one that reaked of lime and is the one I've been smoking on lately. Nice sativa head buzz, without any nervous energy.

Looking at the outdoor girls this morning. I already took a clone off the strongest smelling PM x UD. I decided to take as cutting from the one that is leaning towards the Malawi as well today. She'll join the seedling group I'm popping. There are 3 up so far.

Purple Malawi x Ultra Dawg

Pakinstani chitral Kush x erdpurt. All three have the deformed leaves, but they are starting to grow out of it.

By the forecast, I'm thinking they'll go outside next weekend.

The Malawi leaning cross has shown his balls. I put him in the Love shack tonight to start him flowering. I'm not taking any more chances, starting them in my flower room.

I'm backcrossing him to the mother to help reinforce the sativa influences. He's looking like he'll be purple as well, which will lock in the color. I'm pollinating a pretty decent sized plant. I'm wanting to make a good sized batch of seeds and really pheno hunt it to make the next generation.

Purple Malawi mother in flower. Just starting to set her buds.

Crockett Dawg
Carnival seeded by UD

Check her out Neiko! I actually made my cannatonic happy! Now I just need to keep her like this and let her grow.

I moved a couple of years ago and found these growing all around. I swear they look like cannabis when you catch them in the corner of the eye.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom