Morning all and Merry Christmas, I have a question

Micka 9

420 Member
I am growing THC Bomb 5 weeks in bloom the hairs have gone brown buds are small. I have Mel franks insider guide ( the Bible of growing) and I’m wondering do these hybrids have different signs for the correct time of maturity or do you go 8 to 10 weeks as per msl instucion on packaging can anyone give me the correct time to pick at max strength thanks Micka

Hi @Micka 9 Do you have a jeweller's loup? A very strong magnifier? You will need to see the trichomes (oil glands) on the surface of the flowers to tell when it's time to harvest. Five weeks may be early. Trichomes go from clear to amber and cloudy as they mature. Too early robs you of higher potency, too late makes it very sedating.

Check in the flower and not the leaves on your larger buds. It’s up to your like to chop it.

Attachments

• CFBCD6CB-285A-4D08-B4CF-B89690C40544.jpeg
    CFBCD6CB-285A-4D08-B4CF-B89690C40544.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 130
I am growing THC Bomb 5 weeks in bloom the hairs have gone brown buds are small. I have Mel franks insider guide ( the Bible of growing) and I’m wondering do these hybrids have different signs for the correct time of maturity or do you go 8 to 10 weeks as per msl instucion on packaging can anyone give me the correct time to pick at max strength thanks Micka

Hey @Micka 9 ... welcome to 420 ...

Please provide a photo of the plant and of the buds, under white light, if you can.

A web search says THC bomb should mature in about 7 to 9 weeks ... on average, depending on the phenotype.

This means that in this time window there will be a point at which 80% of pistils have changed from white and the trichomes are mostly cloudy. The breeder of the seeds are trying to give you a starting point to look for maximum THC.

If you wait longer, then more pistils will turn color and the THC will turn to CBN (trichomes turn cloudy to amber).

If at 5 weeks, you are seeing a lot of brown, the buds are drying, leaves look unhealthy, then we have issues we need to diagnose and fix.

Please keep in touch ... we're here to help ...

ttyl

Merry Christmas and happy new year, how’s it going on the other side of the planet 11.15 am will send some pictures tonight thanks for the help. I understand what you are saying you could be onto something thanks Micka

Hey @Micka 9 ... welcome to 420 ...

Please provide a photo of the plant and of the buds, under white light, if you can.

A web search says THC bomb should mature in about 7 to 9 weeks ... on average, depending on the phenotype.

This means that in this time window there will be a point at which 80% of pistils have changed from white and the trichomes are mostly cloudy. The breeder of the seeds are trying to give you a starting point to look for maximum THC.

If you wait longer, then more pistils will turn color and the THC will turn to CBN (trichomes turn cloudy to amber).

If at 5 weeks, you are seeing a lot of brown, the buds are drying, leaves look unhealthy, then we have issues we need to diagnose and fix.

Please keep in touch ... we're here to help ...

ttyl
How’s it going how do you send photos, new to this sort of thing not tech savvy thanks Micka

How’s it going how do you send photos, new to this sort of thing not tech savvy thanks Micka

Hello again ... and thanks for keeping in touch ...

Sending photos is pretty easy ... I use my laptop usually ...

What I do is download my photos to my laptop and then click the "attach files" button below ...

There is also an "attach image" icon above ...

BTW ... this is how I got started on this site ... looking for answers ... the people here were extremely helpful ... and before I knew it, ... I created a grow journal and started learning ...

Besides all the laughs I have with all my new friends here, ... I follow other peoples journals and I am now starting my third grow in soil and coco ... and will be collecting pollen and creating seeds ... all this in 8 months!!!

I'm not trying to sell you on this site, but please understand that if you really want to learn how to grow quality plants with high yields ... and make new friends, ... then this is the place to be ...

I even won seeds and had friends send me seeds ... anyway, more about that later ...

First, let's make sure your grow is on track and we make sure your grow is successful and you know how to cure your buds for excellent results ...

ttyl

Back
Top Bottom