Mother of Berries, M.O.B. Maine Strain

Not sure why the hell it comes up sideways in gallery. Everywhere else it's upright. My apologies. Hope everyone (and their plants) are doing well. ing for information about "Exhale co2" bags" and whether or not they are worth it? Also, it looks like they have completely removed the iOS App.

I read that on one of the main pages. Hoping to load up on large plants and buy a high end light in a month or two and kick things up a knotch. I bought another Chinese as I had seen some mixed opinions and I’m thinking CREE will probably be the way to go.

What do you guys think about using “tomato cages” for plant support? I’ve read a few things to aid with this. Looking for an alternative to the string/twine alternative. Would also love to hear any ideas you guys have.

Tomato cages are a decent support method. it is not something I have done. I have seen people build scrogs over individual pots which seems like an awesome way to go. Gazoo has shown how he made his I believe and it really seems like it could help maximize your yields by maximizing light dispersion over your canopy. I will see if I can find his posts about it to show you what I mean.

Just checking in with an update. Hope everyone and their plants are doing well. It occurred to me that I never addressed a potentially glaring issue for anyone who has noticed my freakishly large smart pots (25 Gallon). I imagine readers are wondering "what the hell are you thinking?!) I'm here to answer that. In my year long absence I learned a lot about growing and talked with a lot of people, did my best to gain an education and one of the things that I came upon was roots which we all know are important and vital to any plants sustainability. Growers praise use of 'mycorrhizae' as im sure the majority of you are all familiar with. In clones gels, powders (in some cases both) are used to help build a root system. It occurred to me that if the roots are so damn important, why not give them more room? You wouldn't put a baby in diapers that are too small. If you could you'd likely live in the biggest house or apartment you could reasonably find. So the question becomes: "why are all growers concerned about pot size for height?" naturally there are some obvious correlations here but ultimately it's about how well you treat your plants and how well they are allowed to grow. So why put them in an apartment or a house (1 -10 gallon pot) when you could put them in a mansion and let them spread their proverbial wings? It's like driving from A to B with a car too small or flying in coach where everyone complains of cramped leg room. Size makes the difference and enhances comfort, so why not with plants? Anyone who has followed or flipped through any of the previous documented grows would be able to discern how much better this grow is from previous ones. I've learned to think about plants differently. Instead of worrying so much about how I can take care of the plant, I think about how I can best take care of the roots and in-doing so I have found that by taking care of the roots, the plants will take care of themselves (minus any manual leaf adjustments from wind or whatever situation but health wise, roots are all that need to be focused on. This of course is with the assumption the grower is competent in the areas of soil, light, watering, air flow, etc. I highly recommend trying it for yourselves with a single pot. Double or triple your current size and do absolutely nothing different (other than pot size).
I have found a few other growers on here that do this as well.

Pretty sure my next grow will be “skunk Kush” (new) from sponsor growers choice.

I've come to really appreciate the large pots. I was going to go back to 10 gallon but I think I prefer the bigger ones and I'm planning on my summer grow right now and will do some extensive vegging and have the root space to do it. May by some mycorizzae to mix into the soil as well. It's spendy especially for what im thinking but I figure; go big or go home.

I have a light question. I'm considering getting the light in the picture (see below) COB LED Grow Light - Replaces 200W HID 100 Watt Chip (AW: 65 Watts) I'm wondering whether it would be better to get one for each individual plant instead of one big light for all of them. It would minimize light waste and allow each plant their own committed source and if one dies, it would suck but don't have to worry about being completely without a light source. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

More lights is the better way to go. I would be concerned that one Cob per plant would not be enough. Especially when they are big old bushes in big pots! I dont know what your budget is for lights but have you thought about building your own cob or board set up? I built 4 panels using 3 boards each and they cover my 4x8 better than two 600 watt HPS set ups did.

They are almost too bright. For the 4 panels I spent something like $8-$900. Which I know sounds like a lot, but when you look at what high end LED set ups are going for that is cheap!

You have a really great setup! I do have a budget of about 300 per mo/ for growing. You make an excellent point about bushiness. I may borrow your concept and see what I can do to maximize my light distribution. It has also been suggested I just buy a few more Chinese lights and max maximize that way. It’s an option I guess. My current goal is to cover an area of approximately of 4 -25 gallon smart pots that measures 2ft 6 Inches from end to end, all the way around.

So you are trying to cover a 5x5 area then. How much light do you have at the moment? I have started trying to buy the best that i can the first time around so i do not have to go back and buy things for a second time if I can afford it.I get growing on a budget though and it isnt easy to make large purchases. i saved up for a bit to build my lights. I have other upgrades I need to get done as well. i need new tents or I need to build rooms. i am not sure which direction I am going to go and when I just know I need to figure it out and take steps to get it done.

The upgrades never stop.

I have a 5x5 tent. Currently I’m going with a “1000w” LED over 1 plant (OG)with the gooseneck I used back on MOB that consists of 5 LED “100 Watt equivalent” bulbs .

Back
Top Bottom