MVortex's Perpetual Thread For A 4x4 Tent & RDWC

Same here. I am slowing getting better at cloning. I have all the gadgets and I found the round plugs that you soak in water to be the best so far for me
I’m just going with water in a solo cup. It’s slower but gives good results usually.

Justin, are you referring to the expanding peat pellets

You are correct. The jiffy plugs. I have a bubble cloner and for some reason with the peat plugs I get a higher rate.

Interesting. I have a Root Rain cloner that's 24 sites. I wonder if it's too much "rain", maybe. I could take the pump out and add another stone or two and have a bubble cloner.

This past attempt I ended up with mush stems and no roots. The stems may have been too thick or something, I dunno. I think I'll try again with a few cuts from the strawberry lemonades. Out of the 4 plants (3 strains) running now, that's the only one I'd be overly interested in growing again.

Well, as I type that, I'm not 100% sure. I may take a couple clones from the Durban Poison too. I need to look more into the phenomes for her, and see what's up with the heavy lime scent from her. I love it, and if it's not typical, I'd like to keep it around. :)

I'd put one over my shower so I could get a tan and take a shower too. :rofl:

The only advantage my other light has over these is a tiny bit more even distribution to its coverage. From the center into the corner it doesn't drop much at all. But that's more from the style of light (strips vs panels) than anything. If I were buying another light for a space that size, it would absolutely be a BudgetLED. (Well, probably a pair of them instead of 1 big one, but either way.)

The new coating might help you with your shower lights :laugh:

Yeah two of the 250w series 3+ with the XL heatsinks would have a nice coverage.

Mine are the Series 2. With one R-spec and one 3500k board each. I set the boards up so the were in opposite corners, and it is working great. I get some r-spec with it, but I also get a little bit of UV from the other. Nice balance overall, and they're killing it in my other tent. I've got on auto in there that is on her way to being massive. She's just finished her stretch, and is taking up about 2.5x2x5 (if not 3x3) in the middle. If (and that's a big if) she fattens up her flowers it's going to be ridiculous. :D

Mine are the Series 2. With one R-spec and one 3500k board each. I set the boards up so the were in opposite corners, and it is working great. I get some r-spec with it, but I also get a little bit of UV from the other. Nice balance overall, and they're killing it in my other tent. I've got on auto in there that is on her way to being massive. She's just finished her stretch, and is taking up about 2.5x2x5 (if not 3x3) in the middle. If (and that's a big if) she fattens up her flowers it's going to be ridiculous. :D
I like this idea. I'm considering changing to the Q boards to reduce the heat in the tent. Even with 75 F in the room it get's into the high 80's in the tent. How much increase do you see with lights on and off?

I like this idea. I'm considering changing to the Q boards to reduce the heat in the tent. Even with 75 F in the room it get's into the high 80's in the tent. How much increase do you see with lights on and off?

Dano, these BudgetLED lights are freakin awesome. With the two 250w lights in my 4x4 (each covering 2x4) at full blast, without moving the drivers outside the tent and an ambient room temp of 70F, I'm only seeing about a an 8F increase in temps as measured with my hydrometer sensor at canopy level. It's probably a little warmer further up above the lights, but that's all sucked out by the exhaust.

You can also move the drivers outside of the tent for even better temp control inside.

Now where you will probably run into something that needs a workaround would be keeping the room temp cool, since you're venting right back into the room. I remember your fighting with that a bit ago, but at least the fight will be less.

As for performance? Rock solid. Excellent lights. Penetration, spectrum, all top notch.

I'd put one over my shower so I could get a tan and take a shower too. :rofl:

The only advantage my other light has over these is a tiny bit more even distribution to its coverage. From the center into the corner it doesn't drop much at all. But that's more from the style of light (strips vs panels) than anything. If I were buying another light for a space that size, it would absolutely be a BudgetLED. (Well, probably a pair of them instead of 1 big one, but either way.)
We are coming out with a shower model next :rofl:

I'm going to do some changes before the next grow. Adding a duct to the garage for the exhaust is in the plan.
If your garage is not insulated the warm air from the tent exhaust going into the garage condenses with the cool air. Mold builds up fast along any walls not insulated and exposed wood. It's important to either exhaust out of the garage or add a dehumidifier. If your winters are cold the problem is worse and the dehumidifier will not work as it freezes up.

If your garage is not insulated the warm air from the tent exhaust going into the garage condenses with the cool air. Mold builds up fast along any walls not insulated and exposed wood. It's important to either exhaust out of the garage or add a dehumidifier. If your winters are cold the problem is worse and the dehumidifier will not work as it freezes up.
Thanks for the tip. The garage is insulated and with sheet rock. I live in the desert and it gets cold but not freezing. Humidity is rarely above 35%. Today it's 15%. July and August can get humid but I won't grow during the summer. The exit port is going to be right next to the water heater.

Thanks for the tip. The garage is insulated and with sheet rock. I live in the desert and it gets cold but not freezing. Humidity is rarely above 35%. Today it's 15%. July and August can get humid but I won't grow during the summer. The exit port is going to be right next to the water heater.
Ya I live north of the border and found this out the hard way. Walked into the garage one day to a warm fuzzy feeling. :(

I'm considering moving north of the border to Nevada. :laugh: My daughter lives north of Toronto so I get to visit the north quite often. With the ever growing number of grand-kids it's not as often as before. :)

I'm going to do some changes before the next grow. Adding a duct to the garage for the exhaust is in the plan.

I will be doing so myself. Got a few things on the list to make it even easier/better.

You were asking about the temp diff earlier, so here ya go! Bottom numbers are the room, top set is the canopy.

IMG_3342.jpeg

We are coming out with a shower model next :rofl:

I'm in! :laugh:

I will be doing so myself. Got a few things on the list to make it even easier/better.

You were asking about the temp diff earlier, so here ya go! Bottom numbers are the room, top set is the canopy.

IMG_3342.jpeg

I'm in! :laugh:
Shit, it would be nice if I could get close to that delta.

If my exhaust mod keeps my room the same as the house I would be around 79 F inside the tent. I don't think I can get the flower colors I want with the high temps and high temp swings.

Back
Top Bottom