My 11 ft girl is starting to yellow? Can't nail down the problem.

Cspliff

Hello,
I'm growing a barneys farm hybrid, skunk #1 crossed with mazar. She is in the ground (ffof), I'm using the fox farm liquid trio. I noticed the larger fans starting to yellow and fall off, I didn't worry to much. I did however back off the nutes, but still gave her some molasses and sprinked some domelite over the soil. The yellowing is still progressing and now some of the smaller leaves are getting yellow spots on them. We have had a ton of rain lately (almost everyday), could it be to much water? Or maybe she is hungry? What do you guys think?
image3547.jpg
image3546.jpg
image3545.jpg

I think its hard to diagnose this way, but I will try because I do this type of thing at work when I am bored to kill time instead of working.

First. The dead parts... My buddy has seen this thing when he over-does the fertilizer one time. The plant gets a bit of burn, then comes back...
The new growth is not affected. Seems like it would be uniform if it were acute.
( I'd say you have bugs somewhere affecting the plant.)

The far back shot of the big one ... it is showing a light N deficiency (small and common problem a that stage.)

If you have not already blasted nutes and ferts, if they have not had any additives, I say the problem is combined light deficiency...

I am willing to bet that it is K potassium deficiency that is causing the browning...

I would mix up one 5 gallon bucket of RO water that amounts to 500ppm of nutes and chems. The chemical profile I would use, or to strive for is, 1-2-3 (npk). I would only use micro-nutes for the mobile N... I like GH Micro. then I would pour it on and wait to see. Use a PK that is for bloom.

At the same time you could spray her down with the hose and really look for a bug infestation to make sure its not that.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't given her any nutes lately. Also, I haven't seen any pest, but I could be over looking them. I have some insecticidal soap that's says its organic. Should I spray her down with that? Or just use the hose?

So no nutes.... GREAT!

Go with the 1-2-3 profile.... the low Nitrogen will help out until finish and the 2-3, P-k will boost any small deficiency out and keep immobile elements flowing also.

I'd wait on spraying them until after you see if a boost of nutes will perk them up.
Don't get buds wet if you can help it.

Water at night.

ltr

So you are adamant in killing her huh?

Don't do anything like that, soil ph at 5.2 is fine.

Get black kelp powder and water it in at a ratio of 1.2 tsp per gallon. Water in about 5 gallons and forget it.
Oh ... and the kelp will also solve you nutritional problem.

Go for it. do what you got to do.

The kelp is a soil ph regulator.

You could start making up a crushed tums solution with baking soda and pour it on also.... NO. don't do that.... lol. (This idea is parody not a solution)

Do the kelp thing and leave it. Its a good intermittent feeder for _P-K and it will buffers the plant from other root developments.
Do the Kelp thing and water the shit out of it.

Hi Cspliff,

I like the idea of adding lime but would like to suggest you look for something that might be labeled "fast acting" and contains as close as possible to 95% CaCO3 which is Calcium Carbonate. Dolomite lime is a 50/50 mix of CaCO3 and MgCO3 and takes much longer (several months) to break down and affect the soil's PH.

If we look at the chart below we see that the ideal PH for soil is in the 6.5 to 6.8 range, so your 5.2 reading might in fact be locking out some nutrients that are already present, but unable to be utilized by the plant.

pH_chart8.jpg

Be well and happy growing!

I think its hard to diagnose this way, but I will try because I do this type of thing at work when I am bored to kill time instead of working.

First. The dead parts... My buddy has seen this thing when he over-does the fertilizer one time. The plant gets a bit of burn, then comes back...
The new growth is not affected. Seems like it would be uniform if it were acute.
( I'd say you have bugs somewhere affecting the plant.)

The far back shot of the big one ... it is showing a light N deficiency (small and common problem a that stage.)

If you have not already blasted nutes and ferts, if they have not had any additives, I say the problem is combined light deficiency...

I am willing to bet that it is K potassium deficiency that is causing the browning...

I would mix up one 5 gallon bucket of RO water that amounts to 500ppm of nutes and chems. The chemical profile I would use, or to strive for is, 1-2-3 (npk). I would only use micro-nutes for the mobile N... I like GH Micro. then I would pour it on and wait to see. Use a PK that is for bloom.

At the same time you could spray her down with the hose and really look for a bug infestation to make sure its not that.

If it has been hot out? Increased transpiration can cause potassium deficiency. The brown spots with yellowing looks like potassium deficiency.

PArtly the reason I said 500 ppm only... My buddy's water is 440 ppm out of the tap. that means a drip in a 5 gallon bucket for nutes...

I also noticed a few white spots on some of the leaves (top of leaves). Could this be Powdery mildew? And would PM turn the leaves yellow and eventually kill them? I took these photos last night. The buds are looking nice, and don't seem to be affected yet...
image3584.jpg
image3583.jpg
image3582.jpg

So you are adamant in killing her huh?

Don't do anything like that, soil ph at 5.2 is fine.

Get black kelp powder and water it in at a ratio of 1.2 tsp per gallon. Water in about 5 gallons and forget it.
Oh ... and the kelp will also solve you nutritional problem.

... Soil PH of 5.2 is NOT I repeat is NOT fine. Its fucking horrible. The plant can barely uptake NPK at that PH, the plant can not uptake Cal or Mag, many micro nutes are unavailable too. Basically all you plant can eat is Iron, Boron, Copper and Zinc with the tiniest bits of Nitrogen, Phos, and Potash.

a PH of 5.2 is like a person being fed 200 calories a day. Yeah they will survive for a few days or weeks, but not forever and they surely will not grow big and strong.

Get dolomite lime ASAP, its best to put it inside soil but sprinkled on top and watered in is better then nothing.

Back
Top Bottom