My 1st Powerplant & Jack the Ripper Grow

Since you have already topped them I would give them 2 weeks to rebound from the topping then transplant them into about 3 gallon bucks. Place your jack the ripper more centered under your lights they really need 50 watts per sqft or better to produce well and generally I would recommend growing JTR untopped pre veg into a fairly good sized bush, so does Subcool the variety creator. Then put your power plants around the outside or along the edges. You will probably need to find a happy medium for feeding purposes because the JTR doesnt require nearly as much nutes as the PP will. I would try to stay somewhere between barely burning the tips of the JTR and the PP not showing any deficiencies. As far as your flowering light set up I would try using 1 x 1000 watt on a light mover instead of trying to manage the heat of the two 1000 watters. And the mover will help you keep max light on the canopy while keeping heat stress to a min. Your environment being to hot for the plants by a few degrees can rob you of pounds in the end. If I had to choose watts of light to proper environment (temp/humid), I would choose proper enviroment and no stress. Give the roots 2 weeks in the new containers to get past Xplant shock and flip to 12/12. This is all considering you have 6 feet upper ward grow space. And as far as your pH its crucial you get that down to at least 6.5 or even 6.3 in soil would be better. Get a good liquid pH meter measure your nutrient rez pH and mix it to 6.0 since its worked up so high and then measure your run off waters pH and see where its at but make sure to catch the last of the run off. At the moment that is all I can think of to give you a heads up on what Ive read so far. Great job and keep up the learning process. :welldone: :thumb:

cool thanks for the advise,as far as the cooling goes i have both my 1000s in a lumecool reflector with the exhaust fan blowing the heat out of the roof so no worries on keeping it cool. I also have a pretty good a\c dedicated to keeping the temp under 85

Oh yeah I also wanted to let you know since I am not sure when you plan on flipping to 12/12 most strains will stunt if you flip them to 12/12 right after topping or transplanting and will not grow much taller at all basically getting around the "flower strech" but for your varieties unless you have tight height restrictions you should make sure to give them time to recover from any topping or transplanting if you want to give them a chance at getting there full size. And remember more root zone more growth and yield but 3 gallon grow bags or w/e shouldnt allow them to get out of hand unless pre vegged to a large size. Also you want have to worry about shocking them doing low stress trainging , tieing down etc just on topping and xplanting. :peace:

cool thanks for the advise,as far as the cooling goes i have both my 1000s in a lumecool reflector with the exhaust fan blowing the heat out of the roof so no worries on keeping it cool. I also have a pretty good a\c dedicated to keeping the temp under 85
ook great then you are pretty much good to go. I think you have a great shot at a great harvest. If your using digital ballast or if your not you might look into getting a 10k 1000 watt Sunpulse bulb to run the last 7-10 days they really help toss on the crystals and I am pretty sure you said your using CO2 so you should be able to pull off a really great result espcially if ya got a climate controller or if your AC can double as one for the most part. Anyway I wish you the best bro and good luck. Hope I can try to help out more =)

ook great then you are pretty much good to go. I think you have a great shot at a great harvest. If your using digital ballast or if your not you might look into getting a 10k 1000 watt Sunpulse bulb to run the last 7-10 days they really help toss on the crystals and I am pretty sure you said your using CO2 so you should be able to pull off a really great result espcially if ya got a climate controller or if your AC can double as one for the most part. Anyway I wish you the best bro and good luck. Hope I can try to help out more =)
cool thanks for the insight I am gonna check into that bulb on mon and see how that works out for me. I have thought about the co2 however my area is just not air tight yet but i will get there.:surf:

hello spiderpig1, i topped my powerplant 1 week in to flowering and as a reasult i have 4 good kolas all competing with each other fist time ever done it and seems to of worked well, happy growinghttps://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/Photo0250.jpg
I have some sweet branching going on right now to i am toatally glad i topped them. Your babys look sweet how big are they? I have never grown power plant so i am real interested in the yeild. I also herd that its gonna drink up a ton of nutes soud about right?:popcorn:

cool thanks for the insight I am gonna check into that bulb on mon and see how that works out for me. I have thought about the co2 however my area is just not air tight yet but i will get there.:surf:
Just an FYI you can get a 75 dollar delivered CO2 regulator/w selionoid from a company on ebay called Aquatek and then just get a small bottle of CO2 5 or 20 lb tank depending on the size of the area for next to nothing. I believe Jorge Cervantes is the one that said after you get your seed before you buy a light go ahead and get a CO2 generator or bottle/reg that its dollar 4 dollar the best investment towards yield possible in an indoor op. Just food for thought even if some is waisted in the enviroments to leaks its still a huge leap forward. Since they seem to be young still if you could get the CO2 up and running by the time u switch to 12/12 its the best investment you could make. Whatever you decide I totally agree its each person choice. Also if your A/C can keep the grow enviroment at 85 as you stated earlier that is optimal temp fo CO2 enriched plants with a high metabolism due to the CO2 but would be nearly 10 degrees on the high side for non CO2 enriched plants.

Just an FYI you can get a 75 dollar delivered CO2 regulator/w selionoid from a company on ebay called Aquatek and then just get a small bottle of CO2 5 or 20 lb tank depending on the size of the area for next to nothing. I believe Jorge Cervantes is the one that said after you get your seed before you buy a light go ahead and get a CO2 generator or bottle/reg that its dollar 4 dollar the best investment towards yield possible in an indoor op. Just food for thought even if some is waisted in the enviroments to leaks its still a huge leap forward. Since they seem to be young still if you could get the CO2 up and running by the time u switch to 12/12 its the best investment you could make. Whatever you decide I totally agree its each person choice. Also if your A/C can keep the grow enviroment at 85 as you stated earlier that is optimal temp fo CO2 enriched plants with a high metabolism due to the CO2 but would be nearly 10 degrees on the high side for non CO2 enriched plants.
what kind of increase in yeild are you talking about if i use the co2:smokin:

what kind of increase in yeild are you talking about if i use the co2:smokin:
Depending on all the factors it can be from 25% to 100% increase, bare min is really closier to 30% increase and thats only if the light isnt strong enough to power the reaction with plenty of light and 1500ppm of CO2 your really looking at 100% increase if not more from a non CO2 enriched grow especially if you can get the watts per sq foot up to 75 watts while maintaing the high temp at 85 while lights are on and you only need CO2 enrichment for the lights on period. See you have to have the right amount of light, CO2 and temp to get the most out of CO2 enrichment. Its like a factory and if it has enough CO2+H2O and the light to power the furnace and temp to make the factory workers happy (the plants metabolism) then your basically making the factory work at double capacity the plant is never short on anything to make glucose which is the building blocks for the whole plant.

P.S. at 75 watts per sq ft you would probably want closer to 1800 hundred parts ppm of CO2 to make sure it never runs short of CO2 but at 50 watts per sqft then 1500 ppm is fine.

Depending on all the factors it can be from 25% to 100% increase, bare min is really closier to 30% increase and thats only if the light isnt strong enough to power the reaction with plenty of light and 1500ppm of CO2 your really looking at 100% increase if not more from a non CO2 enriched grow especially if you can get the watts per sq foot up to 75 watts while maintaing the high temp at 85 while lights are on and you only need CO2 enrichment for the lights on period. See you have to have the right amount of light, CO2 and temp to get the most out of CO2 enrichment. Its like a factory and if it has enough CO2+H2O and the light to power the furnace and temp to make the factory workers happy (the plants metabolism) then your basically making the factory work at double capacity the plant is never short on anything to make glucose which is the building blocks for the whole plant.

P.S. at 75 watts per sq ft you would probably want closer to 1800 hundred parts ppm of CO2 to make sure it never runs short of CO2 but at 50 watts per sqft then 1500 ppm is fine.

the co2 stays on during the light period i can get a regulator off ebay for $75 and i can get a c02 tank pretty cheap at least 30% larger yeild :cheer: Im in thanks for the insight. I will be putting more picks of them up tomorrow. THEY ARE LOOKING PRETTY GOOD:slide:

It is easy to make hash just in case you wanted to know how this is great for those not quite buds at the bottom of you plants all right check it out hash is easy. you will need a coffee filter a pair of ladies nylons a bleder 2 2 liter bottles some water and some ice.
1. take your bud shake leaves trim whatever you have left over and put it in the blender not all the way full cause it needs a litttle room for the foam
2. put cold water in just enough to cover the weed by about 2 inches
3. put a few ice cubes in the blender not to many if you use the tray cubes i would and do put 6 to 7 cubes in it.
4. cut the tops off of you 2 liter bottles so you can get your hand in it
5. cut the foot out of the nylons and plae it in the two liter bottle and fold it over the top
6. now blend the mixture for about 1 min
7.pour the mix into the two liter bottle using the nylon as a filter squeeze all the juice out and place the bottle in the refrigerator for about an hour
8. return the leftover weed to the blender and repeat the process
9. after the hour goes by look at the bottom you will see all of the crystals hanging out begging to be smoked
10. now take a sharp knife and poke a small hole about 1.5 inches up from the bottom so you can slowly drain the water remember the stuff you want is all on the bottom all the top has to go away.
11. now is the rewarding part swirl whats left around a little bit and pour it through the coffee filter when all the water drains off give the filter a little squeeze and you will be able to form you hash i usually make little hash triangles;) and thats all there is to it it is very easy and the hash is great. If your like me and just cant wait till it dries all the way take a little chunk and flaten it with a coffee filter a couple times and you can smoke it 5 min after it is done ;):roorrip:
try it out i know you will love it i usually get a nice 2 gram chunk off of what most people throw away:slide::slide:
let me know how it turns out for you

5-13_grow_003.JPG
5-13_grow_005.JPG
ok I know its been a while since my last post but here is a report. I put them in three gallon pots and put the under the 2 1000 watt lights.I put a 6x4ft screen in its about 10in over the pot. I have been training the branches to stay under the screen everyday and have just recently switched them to 12\1122. I am using all 6 fox farms products superthrive in veg and of course blackstrap molasis.:ganjamon:

Ok so they were switched to 12\12 5 days ago they are stetching a bit but not to bad. I have new budsites poping up everyday.I know you cant see it from the pics but I do have some leaves mostly lower ones turning yellow and dying. I also have a few leaves curling under like a claw but only a few.the new growth is green and looks pretty awsome but a few of the older lower leaves are still yellowing.I checked the runoff ph and it was at 7.1 after a nute watering last night. I waited about 4 hours then went out and ran just a little water ph at 6.4 and got a runoff of about 7.0 I think i will be alright to wait till my next watering and then hit it with 6.4 plain water again then hit it with the nutes right behind it.sounds good to me:surf:

ok question for you guys. I have been thinking of co2. Money is very tight so im not able to get the regulator tank ect. So I was thinking about using 2 litter bottles sugar and yeast.How many should i use in a 8x6x8 area to really make it work?I was thinkin about 4 running the tube to the lights so th co2 can float down to the plants. Will this make a difference? I also saw a video where the guy gets almost boiling water and throws about a pound of dry ice in it.It smokes like crazy and gives off mad amounts of co2.He says he does it every couple of days sounds crazy but I figured I would ask as it would be super easy.

:peace:
Ohhh...gottcha!! If you got that time go ahead and top them out!! you do realize they are going to be on the taller side? I dont like my girls to get too tall. I start flowering about one week after clone has rooted...one to two weeks. Have put some As soon as rooted. Too small. For me...two weeks vegging is still a bit too long cause you figure for the first two weeks in ur flowering room they are stll vegging pretty much. I like a one week veg time to get a finished height of between 12 and 18 inches.

Back
Top Bottom