My 1st Powerplant & Jack the Ripper Grow

If your doing everything within the same space then i would consider how much light coverage will be achieved by using one or two 1000w.

Growing under HID lamps instead of cfls will speed up growth during in veg and give your plants a better structure, as the light from cfls do not penetrate to well and i'd start using a HID after my plants reached about six to eight inches if using cfls previously JMO.
Your growroom is basically 8x8 and you'll get respectable yields with two 1000w just start off with one light, with the plants underneath it and as the grow move them apart.

When you put your screen on use both lights to get even growth throughout the canopy, after all thats kinda the point to Scrog even growth and you'll not pull that off using one light unless on a light rail. Good brother!

Tbd

If your doing everything within the same space then i would consider how much light coverage will be achieved by using one or two 1000w.

Growing under HID lamps instead of cfls will speed up growth during in veg and give your plants a better structure, as the light from cfls do not penetrate to well and i'd start using a HID after my plants reached about six to eight inches if using cfls previously JMO.
Your growroom is basically 8x8 and you'll get respectable yields with two 1000w just start off with one light, with the plants underneath it and as the grow move them apart.

When you put your screen on use both lights to get even growth throughout the canopy, after all thats kinda the point to Scrog even growth and you'll not pull that off using one light unless on a light rail. Good brother!

Tbd
Thanks for the feedback right now they are under the 400 in about 2 weeks i will put them under the 1000 hps and o like you said turn on 1 1000 and then put the screen in and use the other 1000. My buddy is tellin me that since I am growing in soil the size of my space and the amount of plants that I should stick with a sog. What is your thought? How many should i have growing under the dual 1000s?How tall should the get before i switch to 12 12? I have herd no more than about 12-15 in tall. thanks

Put eight or ten under each light and veg them till there around 12 to 18 inches, then flower!

I think 16 or 20 strong plants put in to flower at 12 inches tall should easily yield you around 100g's a plant, if looked after properly ... JMO

Here are some of my girls in my 8x8 space last year 12 Jack Herer's and 12 armageddon
I had a sized space of 8x8 and used to put in 24 plants at a time! and averaged yield per plant was four to five oz per plant but i had good yielders

Saying that most good genetics should provide a good yield once grown properly!

DSC045151.jpg
DSC049681.jpg

Tbd

I dont have a light rail but I did hang the lights in a matter that i can move them about 1.5 feet in either direction. Do you think this i enough?Or should I just go ahead and grab the other 1000watt? And i see you did a sog is that what you recomend?
And as afr as your grow how many lights did you have in the 8x8 space? What wattage? and :bravo::thumb::ganjamon: wow they were pretty. And you really think i could get 100 grams per plant? Man that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Thanks for all the insight and please keep an eye on me. I hope to one day grow the plant of the month with your help im sure i can:thanks:

I dont have a light rail but I did hang the lights in a matter that i can move them about 1.5 feet in either direction. Do you think this i enough?Or should I just go ahead and grab the other 1000watt? And i see you did a sog is that what you recomend?
And as afr as your grow how many lights did you have in the 8x8 space? What wattage? and :bravo::thumb::ganjamon: wow they were pretty. And you really think i could get 100 grams per plant? Man that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Thanks for all the insight and please keep an eye on me. I hope to one day grow the plant of the month with your help im sure i can:thanks:

If you do not have access to all sides of your room it will be difficult to do a SOG within the whole space without hydroponics, as watering soil will be a hard task reaching the plants at the back!
I think SOG is one of the most productive ways of growing by utilizing space to get the big yields in a short period! but can be hard to control an even canopy with inadequate light. There's also many other factors that can effect your plants. Being so close together and if any disease or infestations develop it will spread to others fast...

Within my room i had 6x600w the plants were flowered at 18 inches but i tell ya what it was a fooking chore looking after those girls in there once they got big! Although i enjoyed every minute of it, so for that reason i would recommend growing sixteen, as that would make it easier to water and they'd have a nice amount of space between them... If your going to use the whole space i would get an extra 1000w or a light rail to promote even growth and a respectable harvest.

Tbd

So with 18 plants 6x6 area 2 1000w I will get about 100 grams per plant?
Man I hope so. Thanks for the good advise:thanks:

That's what i'd be expecting to yield with that setup, anything less than that 1500g total would be disappointing.

here is what they look like after i topped them and left them under the 400 for about a week now. I do however see how topping them kinda slowed growth for a few days but they seem to be doing fine and stayibg rather compact with a ton of little branchletts for a sativa :yummy:
i do however notice that a couple of them are a little less green than the others i checked the ph it was above 8 so i am putting extra ph down in my water to bring it down.It is still a little over 7 but i think doing what i am doing it will get down to where it should be. Any advise would be greatly appreciated:reading420magazine:https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/grow_journal_0011.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/grow_journal_004.JPG

Back
Top Bottom