My Auto won't flower

I've turned out the lights way early. It's done we will now see....... if its photo I suppose it'll flower real soon All the comments are great.
plant looks good:yummy: i grow a few auto's and it's happened to me, treat like photo plant and 12/12 light. it will also take as long as photo to flower out and harvest so your tent is busy for awhile and you will get stretch in flower so you going to need to support branches.

Personally, I think it’s getting “flowery”. I zoom in all the pictures and I can’t find one to confirm it’s started to flower. I also look at those same photos and say “hell yeah…. She’s about to blow up with buds”. Sixty days above ground isn’t unheard of for today’s autos. 10 years ago, they were all crossed with pretty much landrace Ruderalis. You literally had 5 nodes or 28 days (whatever came first). Now, they’re typically OG-Glue-Cookies-Dream-etc… crossed with an auto. The veg time has been stretched over recent years.

Sure…. Extend darkness and it will surely flower. I still think it’s on the verge of full flower explosion. Let us know how it works out and what you decide to do. Good luck!

Btw…. She looks great

I've never been able to stop an AUTO plant from flowering... its on a time schedule thing in the genetics.
yes maybe it came out wrong :laugh: ,
it will stall flowering and you get very little buds , plants will take up liquid (N) no matter if they need or not , then they use 20/30 percent of their energy to burn off the nitrogen they didn't need , energy lost for flowering

You dont need to "flip" AUTO plants. Drop the lighting down to 18/6 can even go a little lower say 16/8 and see what happens.

AUTOs should flower dont matter how much lighting. So no need to change it other than cost of electric.

If that plant has been growing since March and its just pre-flowers, its NOT an AUTO its a PHOTO plant. Drop your lighting down to 12/12 or 11/13. She's gonna stretch the first few weeks and could get fairly large for ya.

Suggest looking into Supercropping - you shouldn't top the plant so dont do that. Just train her from her on out.

you pretty much have it bo,

autos can and will frak up genetically from time to time. meaning they feel a bit closer to a photo and need a poke in the light sched to get them to jump.

a lot has to do with ppfd. autos go better with strong lighting, no matter the sched. even some of the the best autos won't go until they have the light, even at 18/6.

It is definitely flowering now..... it must be a photo period!

20210514_162444.jpg

20210514_162435.jpg

you pretty much have it bo,

autos can and will frak up genetically from time to time. meaning they feel a bit closer to a photo and need a poke in the light sched to get them to jump.

a lot has to do with ppfd. autos go better with strong lighting, no matter the sched. even some of the the best autos won't go until they have the light, even at 18/6.
I have two right now at 42 days old. Pineapple Express and Amnesia.
Both got fimmed and one, the amnesia got some defoliation. The PE is out growing my grow! She's almost chest high. The Amnesia is a bush. Don't know what to do. They are on a 20/4 schedule right now.

No it won’t. At least it shouldn’t as long as you don’t start throwing high levels of fertilizer at her. If you’re worried, fill your pot with Happy frog and scoop out a small volume where you want to place your seeds/plug/pellet and fill that with starter soil. You should be good. The tricky part is watering a big pot with a small plant. It can be done…. It’s just a little tougher than gradually potting up

But will it burn an auto seedlings?
I started my tomatoes, broccoli, borage, sage, dill and basil in Happy Frog, did not see any burning issues at all. Can't promise anything as I know nothing about autos, but it seems safe if I can start all those other things in it unamended.

But will it burn an auto seedlings?
No. I switched from FFOF to FFHF this grow. I'm staying with FFHF.
You can see in my journal How well they are doing at Day 42. Planted directly into FFHF.

Back
Top Bottom