My First Ever Grow Under T5

wreched75

Hello guys,

So after reading, research, reading and more research and reading I've finally taken the plung to start my very first grow. Before anybody says do away with the T5 go with hid and 600watt I am restricted with space and cooling efficiency. Plus I am paranoid something might catch fire in my tent. Haha.ok here's the info of my grow

Sat aug 17 received seeds and proceeded to germinate
Mon aug 19 seeds germinated and transferred to rock wool plug into a 1gallon bucket
Thursday aug 21st sprouted and threw under a 2ft 4 bulb t5 6500k I have some kind of discoloration and also leaves are pointed down is this normal?

plants: 2 northern lights
Indoor or out: indoor
Room: 3x3x72 grow tent
Nutes: Advanced nutrients for flower sensi a and b along with additives, silicate and super thrive.
Medium: rockwool grow cubes
System: hydro drip (water 3-4 times a day every 3 hrs for 15 minutes)
Final pot: 3.5 gallon air-pot

Anything else I left off please let me know or if you guys have any questions. I hope to gain more knowledge along the way and also some tips and tricks as I embark into a whole new realm. Thanks and enjoy.

image-23.jpg

image-12.jpg

image31000.jpg

subscribed. only 2 of your photographs posted, were there supposed to be more?

Hey KJ thanks for the sub. Yea only 2 northern lights. Do you kind of see the yellow of the leafs? Is it something in doing wrong? Water or light etc? I had the T5 about a few inches away because I didn't want them to strech, maybe that caused it? Right now I am on a 18/6 schedule with lighting you think that'll be ok? Thanks again snd more pics to come! I had I'll sub to your journals as well.

Hey guys how is everyone doing ok so it's day 5 and starting to see some green here is a few pics my other is leaning anybody know why this may be? Also they look a little stretched. I have a T5 2ft 4bulb, it's bout 2 to 3' above the plants should I lower it? Here's a pic of the younglings.

null-2.jpg
null-1.jpg
null.jpg

you should lower your light. place your hand underneath the light bulb and move your hand to the point you can not feel any heat from it and adjust it above your plants to that level, raise the light as your plants grow. 5-6 inches from the plants should be fine. the yellow leaves may be from heat from the light. i use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness for my vegetative growth.

Hi Wreched subscribed, Looks good so far. Don't over think it, just water and light right now. The weed wants to live and will fight to do so, just give it light and water and it will do the rest for now. You can use a toothpick or something to prop up the leaning seedling. :thumb:

:rollit:

Hey guys thanks for the input. Yea last night I did some searching and I realized my light was tooo high so I lowered it and put my hand near the top and if the back of my hand didn't burn then I left it. It's bout 4" away now and the bent one isn't bent anymore!!!

Stealth thanks for the sub, sorry for being so noob but how do I sub to your guys journals? Any who more pics to come. Thanks again guys.

there are 2 ways to subscribe to a journal. the first is to reply to it and you are automatically subscribed, the second is to use the Thread Tools at the top right side and select subscribe from the drop down menu.

Ok guys it's day 3 under the lights I think I am having beginners anxiety here trying to perfect everything. I guess you learn only from trial and error. Last night the one plant that was dropping sprung back up towards the light thinking ok we are making progress then I come come back to the same plant slumped all the way I over. I put a couple of bobby pins to prop her up and now crossing my fingers. As for the 2nd one there really isn't any change. Has somthing slowed down here? Also my temps are kind of high what would be the ideal temp I am reaching for? And my light I guess it might be ok? I don't know I'm in a bit of pannic please help. Ok a little over the top but I'm just lost here. Any advice would help dearly. Thanks guys

null-3.jpg

null-4.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-6.jpg

null-7.jpg

null-8.jpg

your temperature looks alright, 70°-90° Fahrenheit is acceptable for temperature. do you have a way to cool your tent also with an exhaust fan? you may be able to use a duct booster fan to cool your tent.

shopping1.jpg
shopping0.jpg

your temperature looks alright, 70°-90° Fahrenheit is acceptable for temperature. do you have a way to cool your tent also with an exhaust fan? you may be able to use a duct booster fan to cool your tent.

shopping1.jpg
shopping0.jpg

I have an inline booster fan sucking hot air out, and the 2 fans one on the floor and one clipped. Also the side window is open. The plant with bobby pins looks like it's not going to make it. I know this may be to soon in the game but can I introduce super thrive? Or should I just keep giving them water?

NOOOOOOOOOOO super thrive yet!!! They way to young for nutes of any kind yet. Just the water for now.

Hey stealth I hear you. It's just I think my other plant isn't going to make it, the one with the bobby pins. The other plant looks ok just thought I should be seeing some kind if roots by now. All I see is the tap root. Am I suppose to see roots by now? Also my medium is rockwool is that makes any difference with watering.

Back
Top Bottom