My First Ever Outdoor Grow! Critical+ 2.0 Auto & Bubba Kush Auto

Okay, I have moved the critical into a smaller pot with different soil. she is now opening up.

I will be removing the soil from the large pots and preparing them for a second grow with an entirely different soil composition. I am not wasting money on that other crap again. I'll be ordering new seeds soon.

Are you ordering the outdoor strains? You might need to get a hardier strain. The seed banks are breeding those plants in loose, organic soil. They're pampered little princesses. See if you can find strains that are better adapted to grow in heavy, clay-rich soil.

The thing is, I can get loose organic soil, I just thought that the stuff I got this time around was what I needed when it clearly was not. And I don't see the outdoor temps being that huge a problem. if I get the right soil, any auto I get should do alright. We'll see how the seedling fares, and then when she gets bigger I'll transplant her to a bigger pot.

I know everyone says not to transplant autos but I have no choice. I'll do it carefully and hopefully things will be okay.

peace and love to everyone and thanks for the advice

Hi, let's say you had a little hard start but everything seem back to normal now :)
I think the soil was actually the main problem of the baby's health you should try to transplant them as soon as possible since like you said autos aren't easy to transplant. Had one of these problems before..
Anyway, try to give them as much light as possible and everything should be fine !

Check my grow journal if you have time

good luck
:Namaste:

The thing is, I can get loose organic soil, I just thought that the stuff I got this time around was what I needed when it clearly was not. And I don't see the outdoor temps being that huge a problem. if I get the right soil, any auto I get should do alright. We'll see how the seedling fares, and then when she gets bigger I'll transplant her to a bigger pot.

I know everyone says not to transplant autos but I have no choice. I'll do it carefully and hopefully things will be okay.

peace and love to everyone and thanks for the advice

Transplanting shouldn't be a problem. I like to start autos in peat pots. The whole pot is transplanted into the new container and the roots grow right through the pot into the new soil.

The Bubba Kush is doing well, she has opened up and the little leaves are coming out. I should have pics up by tomorrow more than likely.

I am a little concerned with how slow her growth is. Or how slow it seems. she's in a windowsill currently but she's getting all kinds of light. I don't know. thoughts?

The Bubba Kush is doing well, she has opened up and the little leaves are coming out. I should have pics up by tomorrow more than likely.

I am a little concerned with how slow her growth is. Or how slow it seems. she's in a windowsill currently but she's getting all kinds of light. I don't know. thoughts?

All the aggro probably stunted them.....but let's see the photos

Okay here are the pictures, she's currently sitting in the windowsill. Is she small for how old she is or am I just too worried?

IMG_81484.JPG

IMG_81513.JPG

Is today Day 7? She is small but alive and it's still early days, she might take off now that soil is better

What day do i count from? If I'm counting from when she sprouted, it's day 10, if I'm counting from when I took the seed shell off, it's day 4.

She is definitely small for her age. What are your nighttime temperatures at the moment? Are you moving her indoors overnight? Are you watering with any sort of root stimulant? How many hours of sunshine is she getting daily?

These four are 8 & 9 days from breaking ground. Two autos and two photos
image22249.jpg

Another poster advised you to go for hardier strains, that suggestion might be worth listening to.....Autos are divas, and if you don't have the conditions at least 80% dialled in, they will struggle and end up yielding very little. You don't want all your hard work to be in vain....

She's getting about six hours of sunlight where she is and that will be more when I move her outside permanently. I'm not watering with root stimulant because I would have no way of getting that here. the nighttime temps are a consistent 13 degrees Celcius but she is constantly inside at the moment, so I'd say she's experiencing more like 17-18. during the day it gets to 21-23.

I think that the soil that I had her in stunted her growth and I really should have done more research on the soil that I was buying before I went ahead and got it.

Hello Chester, I would have them outside already during the day as you have no lights - but the sun is the best lamp. Mist the leaves once or twice a day if it's very hot and they seem to need it. All the autos I've grown to completion have been grown using just sunlight.

What is in the soil already nute wise? Do you plan on using nutes? If so which?

Back
Top Bottom