My First Ever Outdoor Grow! Critical+ 2.0 Auto & Bubba Kush Auto

Hello Chester, I would have them outside already during the day as you have no lights - but the sun is the best lamp. Mist the leaves once or twice a day if it's very hot and they seem to need it. All the autos I've grown to completion have been grown using just sunlight.

What is in the soil already nute wise? Do you plan on using nutes? If so which?

I'll have to buy new soil. The stuff I have it in right now is a mix of what I was using before and some really light and fluffy flower soil. I'll be buying an organic mix and a ton of pumice gravel for when I transfer it back into the big pot, and that will have it's own nute mix. The ones I've seen were a pretty decent percentage, so I may not need to add nutes at all, or if I do, very little.

the nutrients I have are both generic brand. one is a complete npk fert and the other is a flowering nutrient mix, lower in N and higher in P and K. I'll post pics of the two when I get a chance.

By the way,

I have also just purchased another batch of seeds, so they should be getting here in about two weeks.

I can start the next ones off right and not waste the money and time buying brick mortar for soil. :oops:

Day 13-ish.
I've had her outside in the sun and took her in when it was about to rain, as it does almost every afternoon/evening. Is there anything I can do to jumpstart her growth? I mean, I can see a difference daily but She is still very small.

IMG_81551.JPG

I'm thinking of building a small greenhouse. Thoughts?

Day 13-ish. I've had her outside in the sun and took her in when it was about to rain, as it does almost every afternoon/evening.

IMG_81551.JPG

I'm thinking of building a really small greenhouse. Thoughts?

A mini greenhouse would solve a lot of aggro - if I could get away with a green house, I would get one immediately!

How small is really small? Just big enough for seedlings?

Also once your plants are on 3rd nodes, they enjoy a good rain shower, and always grow really well after rain......

no, not terribly small, like about the width of a wooden pallet and around a meter tall or so. enough to get some small plants going well. I really just want to let them have sunlight and prevent any overwatering from the intense rain we usually have.

Day 16

IMG_81631.JPG

IMG_81652.JPG

I'm wondering if that bend in the bottom of the stem is going to affect her negatively at some point in the future or not... She seems to be doing fine, though.:cheer:

She should be ready to transplant in a couple days or so.. I'll add more soil then. But yeah I'm very pleased with the progress so far!

Day 18!

I'm probably going to build the greenhouse today. I was wondering if it's too early to transplant her into the big pots? I can go get the new soil and do that, because I was thinking that her taproot is probably hitting the bottom of the pot she's in as it is... But is she too small? let me know what you guys think.

IMG_81661.JPG
IMG_81672.JPG

Hello Mr Chapman! Hope you had a good Easter Holiday!

If you can do a really clean job of the transplant go for it...... I would wait for the plant to start growing more vigorously - but I am pretty risk averse; if/when any of my plants are poorly or unhappy I usually wait for things to normalise before any interventions.

Of course if you now have much better soil the risk might be worth it.

Day 18.5!

Hello! I've built the greenhouse! It's not much, but I think it will help out a lot. It only cost less than $10.

IMG_81703.JPG
IMG_81712.JPG

Here's Violet at 18.5 days. I've added more dirt to cover the bend at the base and straighten her out. I've also watered her a bunch. This soil in the little pot has amazing drainage.

IMG_81722.JPG
IMG_81731.JPG

I'm not transplanting her just yet, I'm following Bapple's advice and waiting til she grows a little stronger. This little pot should be enough to sustain her growth for a least a little while longer. I'm gonna leave her outside overnight, and I've wrapped her in aluminum foil too kind of keep her warm. I hope it works, and that it doesn't get too cold tonight.

So this is the progress so far! Thanks for following up to this point! :Namaste:

Day 20!

IMG_81942.JPG

She's still really tiny.. I'm a tad concerned. But I gave her her first nutes today. I'm using a very very very diluted solution with just the general fert that I mentioned earlier in the thread. So not a whole lot, just something to get her going. and the greenhouse is working better than I expected. It's awesome.

This is my watering can with the nute water in it.
IMG_81953.JPG

Just look at the sun we've been having. Glorious.
IMG_81964.JPG

The new seeds from Dinafem are on their way, I should be getting them in like 5-10 days. I'm excited to get those started, with everything I've learned so far. I'm not expecting a huge harvest from Violet but I'm hoping the others will make up for it.
Peace, y'all! :Namaste:

Day 25.

IMG_89471.JPG

IMG_89482.JPG

What should I do about her growth? It's really slow. I read somewhere that the flowering days that seed banks put on the seed listings dont really matter and that she'll be done when she's done but I think she should be much bigger by now. any suggestions?

Yes you are correct, the days that breeders give only seem to work indoors. Outdoors for me I have never had an auto finish before day 90 or so.

She has added some leaves and is now growing, I would wait for the pot to dry out so that you can transplant without too much stress and put her into the the new soil. My first ever grow a BPK was stunted by cold, and nutrients she did not care for. She stopped growing completely from week 2 to 4, but once I figured out what the problem was and started treating her right, she resumed growth and I harvested a 55 cm dwarf but she still yielded just under an ounce. Believe me - she was the best smoke I ever had.......

Everyone's first grow is really their best teacher. Keep on keeping on :thumb:

Day 27! Still Growing, but not fast enough, I feel. I'll probably transplant on Saturday, I'm gonna have no time between today and then.

IMG_89512.JPG
IMG_89523.JPG

Also, Do you think I should make an additional flap on the greenhouse to be able to close it? It's got that one side that is essentially just open. That could be doing something negative. I don't know.
IMG_89532.JPG

Back
Top Bottom