My First Grow - All Feedback Welcome

Here's another update from day 8 of veg cycle
image9823.jpg

image9824.jpg

Also just ordered an inline fan/carbon filter kit will update when it arrives and is hooked up!

Yeah I figured while I had the cash I'd order it ahead. I have a small desk fan running to circulate the air for now. With the door shut I can already smell them walking down the hall past the room lol so maybe it will be turned on sooner than expected! Can't believe how well the autos are doing. :thumb:

Well another week has went by and I figured it time for an update.
image9944.jpg

I had a few tiny mushrooms start popping up around the plants in the soil has anyone ever had this problem? I pulled them out but keep coming back. Any ideas what to do?

Plants are looking good and healthy! I will follow your journal to see the final result mate!

About the tiny mushrooms here's what you do
Fungicides are among the most toxic chemicals. Here are a few alternatives:
Listerine - Mix 1 teaspoon of Listerine into 1 quart of warm water
Hydrogen Peroxide - 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water
1/2 teaspoon baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon cooking oil in 1 quart warm water
All of the above recipes should be mixed directly into the sprayer and applied every 10 days or until there is no evidence of fungus.
Cinnamon powder dusted directly onto damaged or cut areas prevent fungus on orchids.

And any of those I can spray right onto the soil with no issues? If left untreated the would it possibly harm the plants? I'm gonna do the best I can to get rid of it

Hey Zobah88, good to see you growing! Your plants look really good so far, you're coming up on the one month mark. It is common for growers to flip to 12/12 after the one month period, but if you do not have any time constraints, the longer you keep them in VEG the better. If you could VEG for two months instead of one, your final yield will be drastically improved. Do you plan on transplanting? How far away are your lights? Also, how often do you water/what quality of water are you using (RO, Distilled,Tap)? :popcorn:

My short rider autos are beginning to flower on their own already. I'm going to switch them to 12/12 . The white widows are. Going to be vegged for a few more weeks to a month. I have them all in 10in plastic pots and water them using normal tap water whenever they need it. I also just used some normal plant food from MG. They seem to enjoy it! I have the lights about 6-8 inches above the plants they don't give off too much heat so the closer the better

Sorry I haven't posted a bit. I had a problem with one of my bigger shirt rider autos. Leaves started to turn a yellow with brown spots I've done some reading looks like it may be a cal or mag deficiency? I will post a photo later today and would love some help with curing the plant! Anywho here is a pic of one I took this morning which would be day 40 from seed. It stands 22inches tall. Let me know what you think

image10409.jpg
image10410.jpg

Hello zobah88,

IMO those leaves look great. As far as nutrients go think of them like "Vitamins" not really food. Since your in flowering for your plants they are using up the stored "Vitamins" in the leaves. If you vegged for 4 months, the very first set of leaves would turn yellow than brown. (and of course die), the plant has a lot more so why keep old ones around. I also think less is always better, and stick to Distilled water if possible, and looks like everything is going good, so I wouldn't change a thing. Hope I helped a bit, feel free to ask any questions :)

Just started some bloom booster last week. Here's an update as of today day 46 from seed
image10620.jpg
image10622.jpg

Post a picture of yours here I'd love to see!

Auto-flowering plants are great for first timers, but I have no room in my garden for auto strains. I'd rather wait it out than sacrifice quality. Anyhow, looking good. With those 4x4 tents, you will want at least 600w hps.. I put a 600 in my 2x4 tent...

I've also got 5 white widow fem going to be switching to 12/12 shortly. Probably going to wait til the autos are done

Back
Top Bottom