My First Grow, Bag Seed, CFL Mini Box

This works well for the Guh-nats!
I'm not a pesticide guy. I just use the "let it dry and add 3% H2O2" method but if they get out of hand. This works well.
853493a5a85b2f45d8be031ed8f1801d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

2b08fe633ace0f7dd7324b50307b61d9.jpg
Thought this was funny. Ever use it?

Freedom becomes non-existent if nature is illegal.

Fuck those gnats! I'm gonna get those fuckers. They're not pests as of now but will be very soon I presume. Took the girls out for some personal time and watered. Looking kinda droopy after only 30 min. Out of the tent. Probably because they were pretty dry to begin with.
420-magazine-mobile1758581131.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1974562627.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey, congrats on the tent! I'm starting out with a DIY mini box also, thanks for the info on how it was managing that space.

I recently watched a video where someone put a thin layer of sterilized playground sand over the top of their soil. It was supposed to keep the gnats from being able to burrow into the soil and also was supposed to keep the new born gnats stuck inside to die (muhaha). Just thought I would throw that out there as an alternative to pesticides as well. Maybe one of the more experienced guys could verify whether this works, but I thought it was an interesting solution.

Fuck those gnats! I'm gonna get those fuckers. They're not pests as of now but will be very soon I presume. Took the girls out for some personal time and watered. Looking kinda droopy after only 30 min. Out of the tent. Probably because they were pretty dry to begin with.

Mine look droopy for about 12 hrs after watering....not sure why......could it be that when they dry out some and you give them a thorough watering the weight from all the water they suck up is weighing them down some.....I know I feel a little heavier and harder to stand up when I have had a thorough drinking..i mean watering..:thedoubletake:...makes sense.....lol

One word for you....PEROXIDE!!!!:love:

:circle-of-love:

Hey, congrats on the tent! I'm starting out with a DIY mini box also, thanks for the info on how it was managing that space.

I recently watched a video where someone put a thin layer of sterilized playground sand over the top of their soil. It was supposed to keep the gnats from being able to burrow into the soil and also was supposed to keep the new born gnats stuck inside to die (muhaha). Just thought I would throw that out there as an alternative to pesticides as well. Maybe one of the more experienced guys could verify whether this works, but I thought it was an interesting solution.

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

I will def try that on one my next plants.......I have been using peroxide since week 2 when the little bastards started showing up and after about a week...I might see 1 or 2 a week, ut I think they might get in while I have the cab open....my grow cab is in the garage and when its open and the lights are on it's acts like one big bug magnet.lol

Mine look droopy for about 12 hrs after watering....not sure why......could it be that when they dry out some and you give them a thorough watering the weight from all the water they suck up is weighing them down some.....I know I feel a little heavier and harder to stand up when I have had a thorough drinking..i mean watering..:thedoubletake:...makes sense.....lol

One word for you....PEROXIDE!!!!:love:

If I remember correctly, it was a 1/3 cup of peroxide per gallon of water?

Try the mosquito dunk. You can get it at Home Depot and Walmart.
f634cb4b679172e1d6718fb418c08431.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile764214436.jpg
420-magazine-mobile647340443.jpg
After spending the quality time with the babies last night, they seemed almost gnatless this morning. I found a couple on the ribbon but the next watering I'll use a 1/3 cup peroxide per gallon of water. This was upinsmokes suggestion. Gonna do some lst tonight even though there only 10 days old. As you can see they are growing like weeds should. The tallest baby is trippin me out. She must have gained at least an inch or 2 while I was at work.

Edit. Bckush suggestion about the peroxide

Two other things...make sure you let your soil dry completely in the first 1"or so. Then I take a pipe cleaner or something and kinda till the top inch of the soil....move things around and root them out of there if there are any....not digging...just disturbing

Finally got the chance to chill and toke one. After a very important lst session of course. A few pics of my 2 babies about 10 days old.
420-magazine-mobile219858182.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1459703999.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1789263089.jpg

So I transplanted my other babies to 1 gallon pots like the first 2. They were ready and I'll be out of town for a couple of days so I wanted to make sure they were taken care of for the duration. They're looking great. Deb and Cat, I call the first 2, are taking well to the lst.
420-magazine-mobile245749080.jpg
420-magazine-mobile949087616.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1406768220.jpg
420-magazine-mobile118477633.jpg

Back
Top Bottom