My First Grow Journal

I have been using Maxicrop liquid seaweed on Queenie added into the tank water.

Ok...I also have some PH balancing liquid plant food from Aerogarden. I tried hydro with some seeds a few years ago but they either rotted, went male or hermaphroditic if they grew at all. Getting my worm farm going so will be switching to totally organic as soon as my wriggly little helpers start producing castings and juice.

I think your girl might be experiencing a Nitrogen deficiency. Happened to me when I first grew a couple of years ago, the lower leaves started to turn yellow. Started giving them nutes and it went ok. Might be your problem also.
Anyway, you should read this topic
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial it's really well summarized and covers almost all the problems that may occur!

I think your girl might be experiencing a Nitrogen deficiency. Happened to me when I first grew a couple of years ago, the lower leaves started to turn yellow. Started giving them nutes and it went ok. Might be your problem also.
Anyway, you should read this topic
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial it's really well summarized and covers almost all the problems that may occur!

Thank you!

I just gave my girls some ph balancing nutes. I figured covering the bases couldn't hurt. They needed watering anyway. :thumb:

Think your getting good advise. It is important that you get a PH pen to start understand what is happening. They are cheap at about $20. When you said you added ph balancing solution what exactly are you using. Advance Nutrients have a product called PH perfect which is buffered to automatically balance your PH without having to test daily.

I would get your girl started on a good nutrient at about 1/4 the strength recommended on the label. After about a week you can start increasing the strength to about 1/2 of label strength.

A second tool you should have is a TDS meter that measures the amount of dissolved solids in your mixture. It will help you keep the nutrients in the right strength without burning the plant.

Think your getting good advise. It is important that you get a PH pen to start understand what is happening. They are cheap at about $20. When you said you added ph balancing solution what exactly are you using. Advance Nutrients have a product called PH perfect which is buffered to automatically balance your PH without having to test daily.

I would get your girl started on a good nutrient at about 1/4 the strength recommended on the label. After about a week you can start increasing the strength to about 1/2 of label strength.

A second tool you should have is a TDS meter that measures the amount of dissolved solids in your mixture. It will help you keep the nutrients in the right strength without burning the plant.

TDS meter?

I have a ph balancing plant food. Aerogarden ph adjusting liquid plant food. It's what I have on hand. I'm a poor bitch and cheap is a relative term when you're on a fixed income. LOL

I have peterman's 20/20, maxicrop liquid seaweed plant food and the aerogrow ph balancing plant food. Like I mentioned in a prior post I am getting my little worm farm going to go completely organic. I am using very basic garden soil with no additives in those 5 gallon fabric grow pots. Which, out of what I have on hand, would be good for my girls?

The fabric pots are great. I am growing in them currently. I'm not familiar with the plant food but if it is truly balancing PH then I would go ahead and use it and see what happens. Start off a 1/4 of the label recommendation and see if you see improvements. The yellow leaves will not recover - what you are looking for is making sure it doesn't progress.

I would have to agree with others that it is probably lack of nitrogen. It generally is recognizable by yellow and browning leaves starting at the bottom of the plant.

The fabric pots are great. I am growing in them currently. I'm not familiar with the plant food but if it is truly balancing PH then I would go ahead and use it and see what happens. Start off a 1/4 of the label recommendation and see if you see improvements. The yellow leaves will not recover - what you are looking for is making sure it doesn't progress.

I would have to agree with others that it is probably lack of nitrogen. It generally is recognizable by yellow and browning leaves starting at the bottom of the plant.

The plant food came with an aerogarden I got as a gift some while back. I tried using the aerogarden for growing some ganja but I just can't seem to get hydro to do anything but rot the seeds or go male or hermie. I said fuck it and the next attempt was in dirt...old seeds but they at least grew even if they did die before flowering.

Well stick with it and you will have a success with this grow. Do you know why the last one died before flowering? Maybe I've been lucky but never lost a plant after germination. I did cull a couple mutant seedlings.

Well stick with it and you will have a success with this grow. Do you know why the last one died before flowering? Maybe I've been lucky but never lost a plant after germination. I did cull a couple mutant seedlings.

I'm guessing old seeds. They were seeds I have collected over the years from various and sundry bags we've bought. Had most of them for 15-20 years. No idea what kind or anything. Hell, I had no idea there were so many strains. I didn't know about autoflowering cannabis till a month ago. I've a damn good green thumb...but I have found cannabis to be a hell of a lot finickier than anything else I have ever grown. I rarely have to make an effort with anything else to get it to grow. LOL

The autoflowering feminized WW is being awesome though. Tough little girls. :kiss:

Looks like you guys were right...definitely nitrogen deficiency. Cleopatra is perking right up and no more sad looking leaves going on today. Queenie is REALLY sucking up the water/nutes now because she's gotten so big. She should start flowering any day now. She was 1 month old the 19th. I really LOVE these autoflowering cannabis plants. Fast growing once they get started and gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing how the buds turn out. Anything I should do to make the flowers really kick once she starts flowering?

My girls are doing fucking FABULOUS! I think Queenie is starting to bud! *squeeeee!* (I get excited and make this little 'squeee' noise as my hubby calls it. LOL)

Adding the ph balancing nutes along with some peterman's 20/20/20 really helped my girls a bunch! Any suggestions on what to do to help the buds grow better? Anything I shouldn't do?

Back
Top Bottom