My First Grow - Outdoor Frank's Gift - CBD Skunk Haze Pheno

Wow, been quite a while. Time flies when you're.. umm what was I doing again?

Anyway we are well on our way into flowering. It looks like if all goes well it should be a pretty nice harvest :lot-o-toke:

I transplanted them into 15 gallon smart pots around mid August, filling in the rest with new Ocean Forest soil. I haven't fed them since then but I may give a light feeding or two.. it will probably be time to flush before I know it though.

Some pictures from earlier today:
SAM_17772.jpg
SAM_17791.jpg
SAM_17802.jpg
SAM_17811.jpg
SAM_17822.jpg
SAM_17831.jpg
SAM_17851.jpg
SAM_17861.jpg
SAM_1788.jpg
SAM_17871.jpg

It's pretty exciting watching the flowers fill out. Seems like I can see them getting a little thicker every day. I was a bit worried about pests, as I see some marks on a few of the leaves, and I had a bit of a spider mite infestation on one of my indoor plants, but I've been seeing some spiders and ladybugs crawling around on them as well. I ordered a bunch of ladybugs too so I can put some out on the plants every few days just to be safe. Would be a huge bummer to come this far and then lose the plants to pests. Beyond that it doesn't seem like there's much to do though besides just keep watering them and watch em bloom.

As I mentioned, I found spider mites on the NYC Diesel plant I started indoors, so I brought it outside (far away from the Frank's Gift of course). Looks like that took care of it, but I plan to just leave it outside until it's too cold and rainy and bring it in to finish flowering. Works out well anyway because I still haven't gotten my flowering area set up. The Lucy's Lion clones were really not doing well.. I'm not sure what the reason was, but I got them from the same source as the Diesel, so I figured it would be best to just cut my losses and get rid of them for now so I don't end up with a full blown infestation. The Frank's Gift cuttings from my outdoor plants are rooted and looking quite healthy though, so I will at least have a good mother plant for that. No signs of mites on them and I'm keeping a good layer of neem meal on top of the soil and will put some ladybugs in with them as well to be safe.

I guess that's it for now. I'll get some more pics up as the flowers develop :thumb:

That's about as good as you can do it!

You nailed it Kid! Those ladies look amazing, and they are gonna PRODUCE!

A few bites taken out of the leaves is not a bad thing at all. It means you have a robust ecosystem The bad bugs feed the good bugs. As long as they don't get out of balance, you've got nothing to worry about. Very Very nice grow. I impatiently await the day when I have a backyard I can grow in :)

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! I'm getting pretty excited as we move into the final stretch here. It's amazing how fast the buds are filling out. They're starting to get frosty, and have a very nice sweet and skunky aroma. I started doing some light feeding again, which I think they are liking. I'll probably feed a couple more times until the end of September, flush around the beginning of October, and I'm anticipating a mid-October harvest. I think I want to harvest a bit on the earlier side to get as much CBD as possible. I'm not totally sure what to expect - most seed company sites say CBD Skunk Haze finishes around late October, but they also say 10-11 weeks flowering, while the guy who found the Frank's Gift phenotype says 7 weeks for it. They do seem pretty far along to me, so probably just a few more weeks.

Hopefully the weather holds up for that time. We're starting to get some rain, but so far it's just light showers that come and go throughout the day. I think the heavier rain will hold off long enough for me to be able to harvest at the right time.

SAM_1805.jpg
SAM_1802.jpg
SAM_1800.jpg
SAM_17982.jpg
SAM_17971.jpg
SAM_17961.jpg
SAM_17941.jpg

Cloudy day here this morning, which seems to be the best time to take pictures. Took some the other day while the sun was out and it's too bright to see anything.

We had a bit of a rain storm one night last week. The wet buds completely weighed the plants down and they were all drooped over so I had to stake them up last weekend. They're recovering well though and doesn't look like much rain is expected in the near future.

It looks like harvest may come a little earlier than expected. I'm thinking probably sometime in the first week of October.. they look like they're getting pretty close to me :circle-of-love: I started flushing last weekend, so I'm just giving very generous waterings and waiting it out. Might actually take a branch or two this weekend because I can't wait!

SAM_18201.jpg
SAM_18211.jpg
SAM_18231.jpg
SAM_18251.jpg
SAM_1826.jpg
SAM_18281.jpg
SAM_1829.jpg
SAM_18301.jpg
SAM_1831.jpg
SAM_1832.jpg

Looking great, best wishes for your harvest.
fyi, the best time for outdoor photography is early morning so I would be looking for an overcast afternoon myself :laughtwo:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom