Anne Frank

Kaybii

The story of Anne Frank.
So my friend grew a plant in this huge garden pot in his backyard a summer ago, with kindbud seed, and it grew fairly nicely, just barely getting 3 smalls buds out before its gruesome death. Some people got wind of the plant and it eventually was ravaged to nothing but a few sparely leaves.
Winter soon came, and seemed the plant died alltogether, after we lost interest in it.
the next spring, saddened by his lost girl, my friend threw some more seeds (ditchweed this time) in the same pot. this sprouted some small plants here and there ( this is one hell of a pot) after about 3 months we had about 4 plants now, but one of them seemed to be much larger and greener than the others.

so this poses my first question i havent found an answer for; Can a marijuana plant die in winter, and regrow itself in spring?

So anyway, to avoid what happened to the plant this time, my friend moves the plants into his basement, and attempts to grow them there on a few convenience-store grow lights. This was working for like a month, when he asked me to step in, and help him grow the plants using hydroponics.

We are working with a space that is about 6' by 6' for the veg room and 4' 4' for the bloom room, serperated by cardboard stapled to the rafters of the ceiling and covered with mylar, and black plastic-sheet material. the floor beneath the sheets of plastic is dirt. the area is pretty dirty in general, we are trying our best to sweep the plastic as much as possible and clean out all the gunk.

the biggest problem i see with the grow space is that the ceilings are about 5' from the ground- VERY LOW CEILINGS.

i went to a local grow store and bought everything i need to build a hydroponics system, including some stuff i gathered from home and walmart. Im using a resovoir and a 400w pump to push water to drip-feeders that will feed into the expanded clay pellets.

I started off with cloning the mother plant, deeming her anne frank, due to the condition in which she lives, closet nug. My stupid ass didnt read as much i shouldve before cloning the plant, and somehow i cut the first 4 clones right off the main stem, so that must have shocked the crap out of her enough already- but wait untill you hear whats next.

Its about day 3 now and my clones are looking okay, i got them 18/6 lighting, and spraying them 2 times a day with c02 water. i noticed that the mother plant stared to get little brown spots and holes on it's big, beautiful leaves, and so when i took a closer look i noticed little ant-like looking bugs walking all over my baby.

After a day or so of using vegetable bug killer spray, and i decided we need to jsut get rid of the soil. if the clones survive then im a-okay anyways, so i decided to take the risk of taking anne frank out of her soil pot and putting her into clay pellets and nutriet water.

i completed this process a few hours ago, and so now i can only wait, which is why i am on here beginning my journal.

ummm so for now here are some pictures of my babies.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! any comments, concerns, or input would be GREATLY appreciated, im sooooo new at this and i really want this to work! thank you so much guys!

(pictures didnt work first time, now they need to be approved, up asap)
thank you

Re: Anne Frank.

Kaybii - sounds like you are on the right track to me. Pics will help a lot. I will be watching.

I'm sittin next to her now tacking at the mobileam sorry for spelling or punctuational errors...

It has been 19 hours since the transplant. She is looking pretty okay by my standards, aside from the leaf damage from the bugs.so I went and bought 1 thousand lady bugs at the nursery because I didn't want to use chemicals just after the transplant, and they torn the shit out of the little spidrmite things.
The weirdest thing ever happened though, I cam back 6 hours after releasing the lady bugs, and they had all moved from the larger plant to the smaller one, literally so many on it that It is making the smaller plant top heavy. What do you think this means? Should I pull it from the grow all together?

day 3 and she is still alive... yet she was badly ph spotting with a ph of 8.0 and i fixed that, also one of the lights had gone out, and she was very very wilted when i saw her today...

several of the clones' leaves have taken on yellow color, but not a dieing yellow color... is this due to nutrient deficiency?

wish i could post pics... still have 9 photos in que... have taken more too...

and there she blows....

i found the issue to the Ph spiking from one extreme to the other, it happened to be some soil left on the root of the plant, and when i tested a little sample of the soil itself it was reading a ph of 8.5/higher in the water....

so the big plant is dead, but the important part is the clones are still thriving strong. its been almost 10 days now, they still havent rooted, but havent died yet so i take it as a blessing. When they root i will put them in Rockwool cubes, and grow them on a drip-irrigation hydroponic system, starting watering 6 times per day for atleast an hour, cause last time i deprived the plant of water so this time i need to not make that mistake.
so... ya.

So it has been about 20 days since i cloned the main plant, Which died- as read before. 3 of them have finally rooted.
I think it took so long because of the cold grow room. It was about 65F up untill about 3 days ago when i bought a heater and got it up 10 degrees. Here are all the photos, i finally had the time to figure out how to upload them,and acctually do it >.<

THESE ARE ALL PHOTOS MOSTLY ABOUT 20 DAYS OLD AND EVERYTHING LEADING UP TO TODAY.

IMG00098.jpg

IMG00099.jpg

IMG00100.jpg

IMG00101.jpg

IMG00102.jpg

IMG00103.jpg

My crazy clone!! (stupid me) lol
\?/
\|/
< i cut here.......
\|/ <----crazy clone
<- then cut here... lol
\|/
\|/
"'"'
IMG00104.jpg

IMG00105.jpg

The unfinished space. and the old motherplant that died of ph burn and other crap. (no longer have this one)

IMG00109.jpg

So Today after the 3 rooted, they were looking really hungry, suffering from nitrogen deficiency, with yellowing leaves and purple stems. I transplanted them into bigger rockwool cubes (after soaking cubes in 5.5 ph plant food for half hour) to have more space.

I put them on a 12 hour a day schedule watering doing 15minoff/15minon with a drip-irrigation hydroponic system. (is this too much?!?)

Iim starting off with 12.5% diluted solution for the first week, then I'm thinking about moving up to 25%, is this too soon?.
using...
(a 12.5% diluted solution)
1 drop-a-gal Superthrive
4 tsp Ionic Grow
2 tsp GH florablend
2 tsp GH floranectar

then when i flower ill throw GH KoolBloom in the mix.

is this right??

all the input in helpful, here are the thirsty girls as they were 3 hours ago!

IMG001273.jpg

IMG001282.jpg

Airstone and pump

IMG001303.jpg

New and improved veg space.

IMG00132.jpg

Overview of questions:
Is my Nutrients right you think? Good start?
Should i water as much as i do?
What kind of CFL do i buy at the store for plants?!
(lil extra lighting)

more questions will arise as they come to me, thanks for all the help and please feel free to offer any advice or help- i greatly need it!!:yummy:

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom