My First Grow!

That is an interesting space to work out of, if it were mine, I would diamond film the entire space, add 2 x 8 bulb t-5 to follow the roof (stair) line, and have my HID closest to the door, highest point for tall growth. The plants closest to the back will be the clones and teens, next is a small veg area, then hang a roll up of diamond film and have a flower chamber closest to the door and leave a walking path to move plants out to work on them.

Thanks again @lbezphil2005,
I have already seen great results from the induction light from seed-bud, personal opinion is they outperform both HID and LED, a hybrid of the 3 is already being tested and will be on the shelves here in about 4 months. There are alot of innovative reflector designers here in SoCal, I am finding some really cool new products which are specific hybrids like LED and HID running from same digital ballast.

That could be very, very interesting!! If you get any specifics (websites, etc.)please pass them on, always interested in the latest, especially cutting edge. Going to be looking at adding a fogger to my grow soon (soil grow)

Smokey, had to stop by and check this out.
Good luck and stay safe. keep the secret.

Check into changing all the clear tubing to black tubing.

Good evening!!!

S7305203.jpg

I added an oscillating fan to help beef up the stems of my young ones. Not too much has happened so far in the way of growth yet.... The leaves have definitely fattened up since I cut over to MH.

S7305205.jpg

S7305201.jpg

So I spent the afternoon cleaning the basement getting ready to build my room. Here is a better pic of the space I will be working with -

S7305206.jpg

I was going to actually start on the construction tonight, but I wound up at work instead. It's definitely a love/hate relationship as far as that is concerned; if I didn't work, I wouldn't be able to do this awesome project. But at the same time, can't a brother get a day off?

pH has been holding steady so far. I am flooding the table twice a day. Pretty boring so far... but the fun will start soon enough.

The plants are beginning to show phenotype - so far, it seems like I have a blend of indica and sativa dominant plants. I pulled all these out of my rather large collection of bagseed. About half of these were set aside from the last good sack I got... the others are from random bags over the years. All were viable and popped taproots, but I killed two of them right off the bat -- there is a reason you should'nt germinate in moist paper towels. Well, thank you all for taking the time to read, and we will see you real soon!!!

:rollit:

Re: My first grow!!!

IMG_007611.JPG
IMG_010212.JPG
IMG_007512.JPG
I have set up close to 300 ballasts over the years and only had a handful of problems that I know of. Dealing with hid there is always the risk, a cheap smoke detector and a fire extinguisher usually covers most, I have similar units to the flame defender in my power rooms, I usually isolate them for heat reasons outside the grow.

Absolutely awesome work! I'm going to say :welldone: That takes some ingenuity for sure....

Your seedlings are looking good. I think the space under the stairs will work nice for you as long as you vent it good. The new MH light throws a lot of heat and will fry your babies if you don't have a good way to keep the space cool.

Nice work so far!

Hey everyone!! Just a quick update to let you all know that this thread is still alive. My seedlings are doing very well!! Almost all of them have formed their second set of leaves, so I am hoping that growth will really start to kick off from here out.

I ordered some new toys:

Secret Jardin Pro DR 120 II grow tent
Hydrofarm Radiant air-coolable hood
Phresh carbon filter
4" Hydrofarm inline fan

I had concerns about flowering under the stairs, so I decided to take the plunge and get a tent. It is tax-return time, afterall!! I will, however, be utilizing the area under the stairs to keep mother plants. I think I will make a DIY thread about that project, as I have yet to see anyone really explain how to actually construct a room using traditional building materials. Stay tuned.

I will get a couple of pics up tomorrow night, because lets face it; journals are kind of boring without them!

The seedlings are really loving that new light, keep up the good work, they'll be grown up and flowering before you know it! :bravo:
:roorrip:

smokey only thing id be worried about is those all came from seeds if im not mistaken and will need to be sexed before you flower. So next time you setup a flood table i would use clones off a mother female. just cause its gonna be dissappointing to get all that way and find that a male is intertwined with a female therefore making it unremovable and a hazard to their dankness.

other than that man you off to a great start i can't construct a water tight flood table to save my life so i just stick with the DWC for now but :bravo: friend stop by me grow more updated is posted

Hey I was intrigued by how you propagated your seedlings, I was wondering what the name of those weird black pointy things were that stick into the medium and deliver water to it? and was it expensive and why not just flood the table instead of using those pointy black things? too much stress for thoe small seedlings?

PacGrow.... First off, I dig the AceRizzle line... Daylight is one of my favorite songs! Man, I wish I had access to some clones! Those first pictures are seedlings @ about 5 days old. That was the a sprouting setup inspired by the movie "I grow chronic." Here is part one:

YouTube - I Grow Chronic part-1....By JeremioDeuce

I recommend that everyone watch this movie. I do not agree with some of what he says (especially about when to harvest,) but he is mostly spot-on with the info. But either way, dude has made a great little flick. Watch. Learn. Enjoy.

Those pointy black things are drip irrigation stakes. This is a basic and very reliable setup. To build one you need-

-Small water pump - 30-100gph
-PVC tubing, large and small diameter
-Drip-emitter spikes
-6 port irrigation manifold
-Zip ties
-Digital timer

The first step? Decide where you want to place your table. You have to make sure that whatever tray/table/bucket you may be using has good drainage. Measure your tubing. You want a little bit extra to play with, but don't over-do it. Now, you just assemble the parts. Connect one end of the large diameter tubing to the pump and zip-tie. Attach the other end of the LD tubing to the 6 port drip manifold. These can be picked up from just about any hydro shop for dirt cheap. I paid $2.34US for mine. The same goes for the drip stakes. Those were $0.34US a piece. The most expensive part was the pump. 100gph EcoPlus submersible water pump $9.44US from www.greners.com. So, your initial investment comes to right around $20.00US for a simple, maintenance-free irrigation system that can be used from seed to flower. You will also need an airstone and an air pump to keep your reservoir oxgenated. I have a two-port air pump, and two airstones in the reservoir. I use an Active Aqua 2 outlet 7.8 lpm air pump with two airstones. This is a highly-versatile irrigation system that can be used for indoor hydroponic/soil grows. I am planning on building a larger version of this irrigation system for my vegetable garden this spring.

Whew!! Sorry for the lengthy post, I just wanted to give a thorough answer. I hope this helps.

Unfortunately, I got home after lights-off tonight, so no pictures tonight. Tomorrow. Changed reservoir today. Switched plants from seedling mixture, to vegetative mixture at 5/6 strength. pH of 5.5. I really need to get an electronic pH meter. PM me if you have a spare meter... Well, I think it's that time. Goodnight everyone.

Have watched that video many times my friend. It always pissed me off when he says he had to leave his plants unattended for a while and when he came back his mothers where dead or something. Start cursin at the screen even. How can you make a video tutorial and leave your mother plants unattended to die during the video. Ah well i vented.:)

lol i know right. I stayed up last night and watched it. It was good review on the process of growing, and touch me some more stuff abut hydro so I was pleased. Right now until I can afford a c02 tank im using a big jug full of water sugar and yiest with an "S" bubbler on top to keep my flower room saturated with c02. But I saw that the green guy recomended spraying bubbly water on them, is he just talking about normal sparkley water or whatever? And do u think I would even wanna mess with something like that in flower, I wouldn't want to wash tricomes off!

So the little ones are really beginning to take off!!

S7305281.jpg

S7305280.jpg

So far, I am impressed with the performance of the nutrients. The recipe for success starter kit was indeed a good buy!! I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the new toys. Turns out, the DR120II is back-ordered until March, so I swapped out to a GrowLab that is a little bit larger. Hopefully, the new stuff will get here sometime this week.

Not really too much happening at this stage of the game.

:thumb: :thumb: Hell Yeah! Lookin good man! What nutrients did you say your using? Can't wait to seem them blast off in that grow hut!:peacetwo:
:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom