My First Grow

laylaylom

Hello
On this beautiful day of 4/20 I start my journal! Hope it lasts long! Happy 4/20, the best day of the year!
I had a seed from a few months back that I was saving for maybe someday I would wanna start growing so I started growing with everything in my possession. I put soil in a pringles box. I germinated my seed in water and napkin. After a few days, my seed sprouted and I planted it inside the soil. Meanwhile I bought a very cheap blurple led stripes and made a chandelier with it. Also got a usb fan and put it near the plant. It slowly grew a little. Here is a pic from when it was only 6 days old!
277293413_1208973102972613_6612427751020685145_n.jpg

And also the chandelier for the first week
277545828_1184661572303230_6868368522290581206_n.jpg

So I was concerned that the light wouldn't be enough so I bought what I can and it is this one:

150w-full-spectrum-cob-led-bitki-yetistirme-lambasi__1441043165477989.jpeg

I had some flies in my other plants in the house so I got 3% hydrogen peroxide and mixed it with water and started giving it to my plants and got rid of the flies.

So it has been 17 days. My plant hasn't shown a lot of growth in that time. It got a little bit paleish and yellowish and when I did some research, everyone said it was because of a nitrogen deficiency so I got a fertilizer which says: Total nitrogen: N 5%, Nitrate nitrogen: N-NO3 2%, Ammonium Nitrogen: N-NH4 3%, Water-soluble phosphorus pentaoxide: P205 1%, Water-soluble potassium oxide: K20 5%, Amino acids: 2%, Humic acid: 10%, Chlorine content (CI): 10%.
I mixed this solution with distilled water 1/10 and fed it to my plant.

I am growing in my wardrobe and I don't have money so I tried to build somethings from the stuff in my house and what I can afford.
I covered insides of my wardrobe with tin foil and put the fans near the door for air circulation.

Now we are at day 17 and here is our situation:

278103516_357344219772136_2945950364588471506_n.jpg

277775976_561831245181516_717274860282946328_n.jpg

image_2022-04-20_165153705.png

I know it is not very professional or not even good but still, I have my hopes up and I am open for suggestions and ideas.
It's been 17 days and my plant is not growing. I am keeping her on lights 18/6 and giving her h202 distilled water every two days.

Hello
I had a seed from a few months back that I was saving for maybe someday I would wanna start growing so I started growing with everything in my possession. I put soil in a pringles box. I germinated my seed in water and napkin. After a few days, my seed sprouted and I planted it inside the soil. Meanwhile I bought a very cheap blurple led stripes and made a chandelier with it. Also got a usb fan and put it near the plant. It slowly grew a little. Here is a pic from when it was only 6 days old!
277293413_1208973102972613_6612427751020685145_n.jpg

And also the chandelier for the first week
277545828_1184661572303230_6868368522290581206_n.jpg

So I was concerned that the light wouldn't be enough so I bought what I can and it is this one:

150w-full-spectrum-cob-led-bitki-yetistirme-lambasi__1441043165477989.jpeg

I had some flies in my other plants in the house so I got 3% hydrogen peroxide and mixed it with water and started giving it to my plants and got rid of the flies.

So it has been 17 days. My plant hasn't shown a lot of growth in that time. It got a little bit paleish and yellowish and when I did some research, everyone said it was because of a nitrogen deficiency so I got a fertilizer which says: Total nitrogen: N 5%, Nitrate nitrogen: N-NO3 2%, Ammonium Nitrogen: N-NH4 3%, Water-soluble phosphorus pentaoxide: P205 1%, Water-soluble potassium oxide: K20 5%, Amino acids: 2%, Humic acid: 10%, Chlorine content (CI): 10%.
I mixed this solution with distilled water 1/10 and fed it to my plant.

I am growing in my wardrobe and I don't have money so I tried to build somethings from the stuff in my house and what I can afford.
I covered insides of my wardrobe with tin foil and put the fans near the door for air circulation.

Now we are at day 17 and here is our situation:

278103516_357344219772136_2945950364588471506_n.jpg

277775976_561831245181516_717274860282946328_n.jpg

image_2022-04-20_165153705.png

I know it is not very professional or not even good but still, I have my hopes up and I am open for suggestions and ideas.
It's been 17 days and my plant is not growing. I am keeping her on lights 18/6 and giving her h202 distilled water every two days.
Hey @laylaylom Happy 420 my friend :party:
Congrats , great start to your journal. :thumb:
Quick question.
Do you have a smoke detector in there?
I know we all do the best we can with what we have.
But safety is very important.
Cardboard and electricity make me nervous. :Namaste:
Hope she is terrific.
I'll follow along if thats ok?:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Welcome, nobody starts as a professional, do lots of reading on this forum, save some dollars up for some better equipment on this journey and in the long run you will get to where you want to be. :passitleft:
thank you for the warm welcome and the advice. That's the plan. also while focusing on what I have today.
Hey @laylaylom Happy 420 my friend :party:
Congrats , great start to your journal. :thumb:
Quick question.
Do you have a smoke detector in there?
I know we all do the best we can with what we have.
But safety is very important.
Cardboard and electricity make me nervous. :Namaste:
Hope she is terrific.
I'll follow along if thats ok?:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill
Hey Bill, thank you for your concern. I don't have a smoke detector but the cardboard is only for the fans and they are connected to 5 volt usb adapter so I doubt it can start a fire. I hope not! And yes, happy 4/20! <3

:ganjamon:

thank you for the warm welcome and the advice. That's the plan. also while focusing on what I have today.

Hey Bill, thank you for your concern. I don't have a smoke detector but the cardboard is only for the fans and they are connected to 5 volt usb adapter so I doubt it can start a fire. I hope not! And yes, happy 4/20! <3

:ganjamon:
Please get a smoke detector my friend. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Welcome @laylaylom
What kind of soil did you use. Is it a potting soil or just some you dug up outside?
How far you have the light from the seedling?
And ditto on what @Bill284 said about the cardboard. Cardboard and grow closets don't go together.
Heat + Electric × Cardboard = Fire so please try to find something to replace the cardboard
And yes 5v usb can easily start a Fire

Be Safe
MegaBudz

Welcome @laylaylom
What kind of soil did you use. Is it a potting soil or just some you dug up outside?
How far you have the light from the seedling?
And ditto on what @Bill284 said about the cardboard. Cardboard and grow closets don't go together.
Heat + Electric × Cardboard = Fire so please try to find something to replace the cardboard
And yes 5v usb can easily start a Fire

Be Safe
MegaBudz
Thank you for your welcome! I bought a potting soil with fertilizers in it. The light is about 35 cm far from the plant.
Okay, I will replace the ventilation with something more decent. Thank you.

I can't imagine that plant already depleted the soil of its nutrients
I believe it's a simple fix. Your container (the pringle box) is way too tall compared to the diameter gravity wins out when you water it and you don't get any capillary action.
I would just get a shorter, fatter container and go ahead and transplant it. You could just shorten that one but you will be disturbing the plant either way and then have to disturb it again in a couple weeks. So that's why I would just go ahead and put it in the next size pot.

Happy 420
MegaBudz

I can't imagine that plant already depleted the soil of its nutrients
I believe it's a simple fix. Your container (the pringle box) is way too tall compared to the diameter gravity wins out when you water it and you don't get any capillary action.
I would just get a shorter, fatter container and go ahead and transplant it. You could just shorten that one but you will be disturbing the plant either way and then have to disturb it again in a couple weeks. So that's why I would just go ahead and put it in the next size pot.

Happy 420
MegaBudz
That is a nice info and thank you for pointing me to it. :hippy:
I have been thinking and meaning to transplant to a simple, DIY hydroponic system because everywhere it's stated that it is way more efficient and clean and with less odor, also because the plant would be more happy and because I will be providing with liquid nutrients, it would be better to mix it with the water below the plant. I don't know if my plant would adapt to the hydroponic system and like it. Should I do it?

I would Not do hydroponics for a first grow. Controlling all the Nutrients is more like a chemistry project and is much less forgiving to any little mistakes. Doing something wrong can easily kill your plant.

Soil is much more forgiving to mistakes and if you start with a decent soil you can sometimes go the whole grow without any extra nutrients. If you see any signs of nutrient deficiencies you can just add them at that time

A successful first grow is about learning and having some decent bud at the end.

Happy 420
MegaBudz

Day 23

After changing the container to a wider and bigger pot, in 5 days my plant grew a little bit.
But she has some white spots and the cotyledons have became yellow and seems dry. Although I realized I was overwatering and I stopped watering until the soil was dry, this is the situation. I have been flushing too with 1-10 dilluted 3% hydrogen peroxide every three days now.

Grow space is 24 celcius degree heat and 55% humidity, still going with 18/6 and four days ago I have put the lights 10 cm further away at 45 cm range.

278656376_870877444306900_314153340730275489_n.png

Day 23

After changing the container to a wider and bigger pot, in 5 days my plant grew a little bit.
But she has some white spots and the cotyledons have became yellow and seems dry. Although I realized I was overwatering and I stopped watering until the soil was dry, this is the situation. I have been flushing too with 1-10 dilluted 3% hydrogen peroxide every three days now.

Grow space is 24 celcius degree heat and 55% humidity, still going with 18/6 and four days ago I have put the lights 10 cm further away at 45 cm range.

278656376_870877444306900_314153340730275489_n.png
Lovely little girl my friend.
Hope you are having a great day. :thumb:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Hey Bill, thank you! Thanks for your lovely post. I wish u a good day too. I removed the cardboard by the way. ^_^
Hope that didn't put you off my friend.
You just joined and I gave you heck about your set up.
I try to never criticize anyone or there set up.
I do politely make suggestions though.
But after seeing how fast a fire grabs hold of a grow room and move to the house I just had to mention it.
We want everyone to have a great harvest, just don't want you to take unnecessary risks to to achieve it.
I'm so happy you removed the flammable stuff from your room.
I had a bran new out of the box officialweegrow sponsored light in my room.
Just hung it set it to dead low and walked away.
Then boom, next thing I knew I was living in my neighbors boat in her driveway with two cats and a dog.
It happened in seconds.
Everyone was fine and we are getting ready for summer so I'm thrilled.
Can't wait to start washing roots again. :cheer:
Keep up the good work my friend. :Namaste:

Bill

Hope that didn't put you off my friend.
You just joined and I gave you heck about your set up.
I try to never criticize anyone or there set up.
I do politely make suggestions though.
But after seeing how fast a fire grabs hold of a grow room and move to the house I just had to mention it.
We want everyone to have a great harvest, just don't want you to take unnecessary risks to to achieve it.
I'm so happy you removed the flammable stuff from your room.
I had a bran new out of the box officialweegrow sponsored light in my room.
Just hung it set it to dead low and walked away.
Then boom, next thing I knew I was living in my neighbors boat in her driveway with two cats and a dog.
It happened in seconds.
Everyone was fine and we are getting ready for summer so I'm thrilled.
Can't wait to start washing roots again. :cheer:
Keep up the good work my friend. :Namaste:

Bill
That is such a sad experience but it is an experience and you have learned so much from it I am sure.
Thank you for being concerned about peoples well being and thank you for caring! I hope you got a nice and cozy fireproof apartment after. :peace: Happy day!

And also I was wondering if you could tell me what those white spots on my plant might be and if they are something to worry about? Thanks again! :hippy:

That is such a sad experience but it is an experience and you have learned so much from it I am sure.
Thank you for being concerned about peoples well being and thank you for caring! I hope you got a nice and cozy fireproof apartment after. :peace: Happy day!

And also I was wondering if you could tell me what those white spots on my plant might be and if they are something to worry about? Thanks again! :hippy:
She is hungry my friend :Namaste:
She just needs a little food.
She is shy on nitrogen.
Are you able to ph your water?

Thanks for the kind words my friend. :love:
We have a lovely Chalet on the water now. :)
I won't grow in the house ever again can't risk it.
So I have to build a fireproof grow room away from the house.
But summer garden is on the way so I'm thrilled.
Ok your girl what do you have for nutrients?

Stay safe
Bill

Thank you back for your kindness!
My water ph meter is on the way, I will check when it gets here.
As nutrients, I only gave a little a couple of weeks back. I have this natural liquid worm juice and on the box it says: Organic matter: 15% Organic carbon: 10% Humic Fulvic Acid: 17% Nitrogen: 2% Phosphorus: 2% Potassium: 1.5%

And also another fertilizer which I think is not organic, if that's possible. On the box it says Total nitrogen: N 5%, Nitrate nitrogen: N-NO3 2%, Ammonium Nitrogen: N-NH4 3%, Water-soluble phosphorus pentaoxide: P205 1%, Water-soluble potassium oxide: K20 5%, Amino acids: 2%, Humic acid: 10%, Chlorine content (CI): 10%.

Thank you back for your kindness!
My water ph meter is on the way, I will check when it gets here.
As nutrients, I only gave a little a couple of weeks back. I have this natural liquid worm juice and on the box it says: Organic matter: 15% Organic carbon: 10% Humic Fulvic Acid: 17% Nitrogen: 2% Phosphorus: 2% Potassium: 1.5%

And also another fertilizer which I think is not organic, if that's possible. On the box it says Total nitrogen: N 5%, Nitrate nitrogen: N-NO3 2%, Ammonium Nitrogen: N-NH4 3%, Water-soluble phosphorus pentaoxide: P205 1%, Water-soluble potassium oxide: K20 5%, Amino acids: 2%, Humic acid: 10%, Chlorine content (CI): 10%.
Use the organic one to start.
Feed it, then let it dry right out.
Then plain water and a good dry.
Then feed.
Keep repeating this until harvest.
Let me know when your ph meter gets in.
We will sort your water out.
See what your putting in 6-7 should be safe with organic.
But your goal will be 6.3 with non organic nutrients.
What do you have access to?
I'm not sure where you are.
You will need a decent veg and separate flower nutrient.
What will you be filling your final pots with?

Bill

I am in Turkey. Middle East. Only the local farmers and farm shops have decent-ish stuff around here. The other ones are too expensive and I can't afford it.
I just flushed my flowers pot a few hours ago. Should I give water again with nutrients?

Back
Top Bottom