My First Indoor Grow 2400w HPS Soil Medium - Advice Welcome

Re: My First Indoor Grow 2400w HPS Soil Medium- Advice sought

Icemud knows his stuff. You should here Doc talk about it though! :winkyface:

You will like the Rapid Rooters. They are pretty awesome. I'm hydro, so I switch to an aerocloner.

Wow! 4 hours? I thought i had it bad because I had to drive about 1.5-2 hours!
At least my little town has a Wal-Mart. :)

subbed mate, cuttings may take up to 3 weeks to root in jiffy pellets or that, mines took 3 weeks in coco, just keep em warm n moist, as long as they aint willting your doing fine

My first grow < I had appartment with 12' ceilings, but was in the middle of snitch island, I built a 18" sub floor put a dresser on ether side of the "ditch" for a 6x3x3 space with cfls and t8 fluorescents .
Now that I have a great space I can"t get away from the bending and lst
I do not remember where I was going with this but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

nah mate please go on....snitch island ha ha i just love the stealth angle i like to think of it as the sly grow the logistics are so formidable but some of the solutions are downright genus and talking about bending im studying up on popular indoor techniques around our site as i have only been a outdoor shade remover, topper. (Pics on current hopefully soon):yummy:

Icemud knows his stuff. You should here Doc talk about it though!

You will like the Rapid Rooters. They are pretty awesome. I'm hydro, so I switch to an aerocloner.

Wow! 4 hours? I thought i had it bad because I had to drive about 1.5-2 hours!
At least my little town has a Wal-Mart

Ill be searching the site for Doc tonight probably another long one then lol I was especially interested in the Gas Lantern Method ( i think it is) involved and i just cant not consider it for power saving. Hi Brix way over my need to know head but i admire their knowledge and commitment. OH for a Wal Mart ive only seen them on tv they look massive. i read alot of your journal
Let's Find a Mother! Hiking Through a Field of Mary Jane
you have a seriously nice set up im picking up on ph, nutes knowledge reading through also know alot about a/c a nice extra thanks . Oh i have found another smaller shop only 2 hours but no real product range.

subbed mate, cuttings may take up to 3 weeks to root in jiffy pellets or that, mines took 3 weeks in coco, just keep em warm n moist, as long as they aint willting your doing fine

Thanks for joining in TaylorMade420 :peace: Cool....feel i have an affinity with the Scots
Im sure with the knowledge of products and methods here ill be doing it better, maybe rooting them faster next time.

I have taken on three orphaned Fem Caramel Cream
Cream Caramel »»» BlueBlack x Maple Leaf Indica x White Rhino
Breeder: Sweet Seeds
Known Phenotypes:
1.: short, stretched, fastly blossoming, indica-dominant Phenotype #2
2.: short, stretched, slowly blossoming, sativa-dominant Phenotype #1

DSCN11285.JPG
DSCN11264.JPG

id really lik to keep them although it throws out my original plan, i may have to get a tent or another space sooner than expected.
im thinking of just switching 12/12 now and was wondering if there are any benefits in reducing in increments or just go straight 12/12, also is there anything i really should do to these before the flip ? as always any and all advice is sought and heaps appreciated.

why not take a few cuts then flip em, they look ready to flower anyway, that way you got plants in flower and cuts of the plants which can be made mothers, if you dont like the smoke as much as you would like give the cuts away :thumb:

I don't think there is any benefit to slowly reducing the photoperiod. Just flip to 12/12.

I agree with TaylorMade. Take cuttings of your new strains. You never know. You might love them and then you will regret not having the genetics.

They are beautiful plants!

Cool, thanks for replies guys, advice taken and moved ahead with a trim and strip downstairs and took a few clones from each (cheers TM420:cheer:), the structure is all over the place as previous clone cuttings were taken willy nilly . Im going to go straight to 12/12 in two days (thanks Hiker:high-five:) next question ha ha...oh yes theres plenty to come sorry guys i appreciate you bearing with me, bloom fert and when in what concentration. My Green Poison, Unknown Sativa/ Ice, clones day 10 have no roots showing but are all looking perky and maybe even a little veg growth probably wishful thinking tho. Im wondering if i could/should introduce a small amount of veg fert (NPK 12,1.4,7) in their spray around 20/1 of the recommended, Im spraying when the leaves are looking dry 5 - 6 times a day now up from 3 and the soil in the pots still feels pretty moist so i hav'nt watered them directly.

so humble noobi requests for advice today are

1. Should i introduce fert to clone spray and at what concentration. I have Powerfeed (NPK 12,1.4,7)

2. When should a start the bloom fert and at what concentration. I have Tomato Food (NPK 14,7,24)

3. Should i get ferts with better ratios

soooo appreciate your ongoing support guys :thanks:

i usually foiliar feed with a drop of superthrive in it just mist them lightly once or twice a day

i would start adding 1/4 strength nutrients to your grow now on April 13th to all your plants even seedlings.
Sweet, I misted last night with the fert and they wilted so i misted hard with water and slept lightly, everything more than good this morning looking extra strong.

i usually foiliar feed with a drop of superthrive in it just mist them lightly once or twice a day

Thanks mate was wondering how often to use it, not really up with ferts so one area im extra thankful for all your help. Im researching around the AWESOME 420 site and answering heaps of my own questions and appreciate having you guys along for those i cant.

Clones 10 days old and stink no roots forming. This one was badly taken so opened her up and had a look.
i think i took them too large, or is this normal ?
Exposed_Stem_Clone_Day_5.jpg

Clone_Help1.jpg

any suggestions out there that if i were to take this stem as cutting what, where would i cut and what if any, i would strip off ?
Directly after cutting them from the plant submerge it in water for one minute. Trim about another inch or so off under the water and keep it under for another minute. Then dip in cloning gel and place in rockwool. In humidity dome. I get 9 out of 10 healthy clones this way.

Im going to close this journal (officially when i work out how) as i can research 420 and ask questions thru the forum if need be. I cant stress how appreciative of your guys, Lurch Farmer, BluDreamZ, KingJohnC, TaylorMade420 and Hikers time and expertize, ill be following you guys thru the subs, journals and forums from which im gaining insights and knowledge of growing the greatest plant on our planet. I hope you dont mind if i like you here and there. :tommy:

Directly after cutting them from the plant submerge it in water for one minute. Trim about another inch or so off under the water and keep it under for another minute. Then dip in cloning gel and place in rockwool. In humidity dome. I get 9 out of 10 healthy clones this way.

I think air bubbles trapped in the stem restricts feeding and kills em so underwater cutting sounds logical, it may make a little airtight water seal. Mine are just showing roots today Day 11 and surprisingly i havn't lost any. i think i was a little unrealistic in my time expectations. How long does it take you till transplant with your system ?

why close your journal? if you have questions to ask and photographs this would be the proper place and ask other growers in other threads to visit your journal.

just, considering their your guys journals i dont know if mine should be here. They all seem to be of sophistication and instructive as mines just a help thing and maybe not valid in this particular forum. Thought i might have got ongoing help through a thread or something instead as i know how helpful and supportive you and everybody is here at 420.

I think air bubbles trapped in the stem restricts feeding and kills em so underwater cutting sounds logical, it may make a little airtight water seal. Mine are just showing roots today Day 11 and surprisingly i havn't lost any. i think i was a little unrealistic in my time expectations. How long does it take you till transplant with your system ?

Exactly .. I learned from a buddy that lived in Amsterdam. Usually about 10 days I'd say and there's roots shooting outta the cube everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom