My First Indoor Grow 2400w HPS Soil Medium - Advice Welcome

Re: My First Indoor Grow 2400w HPS Soil Medium- Advice sought

The main scent of toffee flavoured coffee starts appearing during the early stage of maturing and is mixed with hints of Molotov's cocktail from the genetics of BlackBlue

*droools* sounds delicious bro!! dang!

yeah bro.. all is well so far loL.. just adjusting to fk all sleep AGAIN.. ending up in my youngest daughters bed most nights as the liL man is waking every 2-3 hours! o_O such is the life of a new sprog in the house ;] but its been so awesome :cheesygrinsmiley:

bro, that ice cross is looking FINE and crystally! gonna be awesome to see that fatten up, and it WILL, into huge colas.. the caramel is looking super nice too- those bud sites have set up really well :goodjob:

good to hear you got your watering and feeding schedule down bro :cheesygrinsmiley: it sometimes takes a bit of stress time and feaking out to suss em out and know what they can take.. or CANT take- excellent work dialing em in dude.

keep up the green work brother :thumb: the best part is about to kick in big time :cheesygrinsmiley:

*droools* sounds delicious bro!! dang!

yeah bro.. all is well so far loL.. just adjusting to fk all sleep AGAIN.. ending up in my youngest daughters bed most nights as the liL man is waking every 2-3 hours! o_O such is the life of a new sprog in the house ;] but its been so awesome :cheesygrinsmiley:

bro, that ice cross is looking FINE and crystally! gonna be awesome to see that fatten up, and it WILL, into huge colas.. the caramel is looking super nice too- those bud sites have set up really well :goodjob:

good to hear you got your watering and feeding schedule down bro :cheesygrinsmiley: it sometimes takes a bit of stress time and feaking out to suss em out and know what they can take.. or CANT take- excellent work dialing em in dude.

keep up the green work brother :thumb: the best part is about to kick in big time :cheesygrinsmiley:

Haha glad to see your enjoying the little fulla, needs his nutes every 2 - 3 hrs ay :morenutes:sounds healthy good on him.

I stare at the plants so much im not really seeing them grow but when i look back they're actually going better than i thought or expected so hopefully if i dont do anything silly they'll continue to pack on some weight. Still havn't really got the ferts sorted but im not mucking with them now, so less is more for me for now.
Going to go down and see how they look and have a bong with them :yummy::roorrip:Cheers bro.

damn lookin beautiful up in here, keep up the good work dasher!

Hey there ilikebike, yeah thanks mate thats what i think, but cool you think so too. :thanks:

Downloaded a free grow diary thing "Herb IQ" its helping me keep record and track of things.

I moved my temp/humidity reader to the top of the canopy on my little girls to get a more realistic reading and saw the temps were like 35 and rising there so went and brought a fan and you can see at like 1 when i turned it on it has brought the temp down to 29/30 now. My lights go on at 8am and off at 8pm.
DSCN1333.gif
Cheapo screens
DSCN1326.gif

Unknown?ice Day 5 flowering
DSCN1324.gif
Unknown?ice Day 22 Flowering
DSCN1331.gif

Everybody was watered this morning NO FERTS lol
Small Plants 1200ml each.
Large Plants 2ltr each.

hi mate, wish i did have auto sensors hooked up, im logging manually but have the readings displayed by my comp so just takes a sec to enter the data , want to try to understand exactly how my rooms temps and humidity act especially how it relates to outside temps and weather. i find the graphs excellent for that purpose so will probably only track for a week or so

Duck season so been out doing a bit of hunting but neglecting my journal so

Updates
Light 12/12
Average Temps: Hi29 Low18 / Outdoor Hi21 / Low10
Humidity: Hi 72 Low 46

larger plants
09/05 2ltr Water
11/05 2ltr water + 3/4 Fert.

12/05 fed small plants
2ltr Water 1/2 fert

At day 27 Flower alot of the lower leaves of larger ?/Ice yellowing and dying but tops look fine Cream caramels lower leaves are dry and a little spotted.

?/Ice Day 10 flower

Day59.jpg

Cream Caramel Day 25 Flower
DSCN13396.jpg

Hope everyone having a great weekend :cool:

Have been watering in the morning but had to water the big plants yesterday afternoon as they were drooping badly, so they're needing watering just about every day now at 2ltr. Smaller plants have been stretching from an inch to an inch and 1/2 a day for the last three days now with the lights kept at 10 inches. Bigger plants lights are at 13in at main colas and 18 from canopies accept CC which is 2in lower all round.

Noobi seeks advice:

Alot of leaves yellowing and dying on the bigger plants, should i go thru and take them all out ? they look crap but i don't really want to cut at her ? and as i don't have any heat/burn issues would i benefit from lowering the lights down on the bigger plants they're at day 28 flower and the lights are at 13-18 inches from the tops.

Cheers guys for any feedback [:smiley clinks glass:]

As a rookie I have a question on the HPS lamps. How much of an increase did you notice in your electricity cost running what you have? And what brand of lights/shades are you using?

hey buddy, i haven't received my first bill since starting this indoor but expect it to increase by around $300 US a month at 4x600w 12/12 if the fu%^ers haven't increased their rates already i may ring a reading in to see exactly where i am if i do ill post and let u know.
Early_Days.jpg

These are the shades i have. I brought kits (Non adjustable Ballast/Light/Shade) for around $170 US each which was one of the cheaper options. I use screens for the sides kinda funny, all this room and feels like im making little closets around them :cheesygrinsmiley:

Subbed! You're set up is awesome man! I'm late but I'm paying attention. The plants look really happy by the way! Good work!

hey buddy, i haven't received my first bill since starting this indoor but expect it to increase by around $300 US a month at 4x600w 12/12 if the fu%^ers haven't increased their rates already i may ring a reading in to see exactly where i am if i do ill post and let u know.
Early_Days.jpg

These are the shades i have. I brought kits (Non adjustable Ballast/Light/Shade) for around $170 US each which was one of the cheaper options. I use screens for the sides kinda funny, all this room and feels like im making little closets around them :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm comin ta live with you dasher, if I had a room like that! Your power bill just for the lights won't be that much....maybe 75$ at most, it's all the ac's and stuff that make it so high!

Wow, that certainly gives me some thinking to do. But I would probably only be running one of those given my space. Is $175 including the bulb? Either way, not bad in that aspect. Grow is looking good so far! :thumb:

Subbed! You're set up is awesome man! I'm late but I'm paying attention. The plants look really happy by the way! Good work!

Thank you and welcome aboard elious :welcome: I hope my journal can be of some benefit to you bro, i do have an awesome room with plenty of space to expand into just want to get a grow or two under my belt then I think i'll be looking to increase yeild with some Hydro set up hopefully an aqua farm.

I'm comin ta live with you dasher, if I had a room like that! Your power bill just for the lights won't be that much....maybe 75$ at most, it's all the ac's and stuff that make it so high!

:laugh: My friend with your grow skills and my room we would kill it. how do you mean with the a/c's (is that alternating current) bro i don't really know anything about power other than dont touch lol and were on 240v. im assuming now thats what the ballast does (never really thought about what that thing actually does), taking dc and converting it to ac or vica versa or something :hmmmm:.
so where the hells my other $225 going, i only want the lights :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wow, that certainly gives me some thinking to do. But I would probably only be running one of those given my space. Is $175 including the bulb? Either way, not bad in that aspect. Grow is looking good so far! :thumb:

Cheers mate im really happy with how they're going so far and gaining confidence all the time, the Bulb was included in the kit along with chains and hooks which i forgot to mention, not sure how good the bulbs are but am happy with the kits performance so far, the 600 will throw out some heat but if you can move it away i think they're a great light. :thumb:

oh.. hey thats good news...i think. iI dont have any of that stuff just a couple of fans, maybe my bill won't be that high but our power here is a privatized rip off bad service and outrageous rates. Im going to ring a reading in and do the sums. Id hate to think were getting ripped that bad over here.

oh.. hey thats good news...i think. iI dont have any of that stuff just a couple of fans, maybe my bill won't be that high but our power here is a privatized rip off bad service and outrageous rates. Im going to ring a reading in and do the sums. Id hate to think were getting ripped that bad over here.

yep, it is possible to calculate it, just a bunch of math!

Back
Top Bottom