My First Indoor Grow 2400w HPS Soil Medium - Advice Welcome

Re: My First Indoor Grow 2400w HPS Soil Medium- Advice sought

Thanks for cheering for me ilikebike, things haven't gotten any worse so hopefully things are back on track.

yeah iv'e had that tip burn and a little leaf claw towards the bottom of the plants right through but didn't worry to much about it, been increasing their fert towards the recommended but after their 1st 3/4 strength dose the other day the tip burn got worse then the leaf twist appeared.
As you say mate seems N is the problem and my bloom fert is quite high in it 2, 1, 3.4 so ill be backing of it and looking for a different fert ratio next grow i'd like to try something around 1, 2, 4.

Thanks for your concern and support guys i'll get the hang of this growing caper one day. :scratchinghead:
The first number is your N nitrogen
I found this very helpful.. https://www.------------.com/marijuana-symptoms

Thanks for your help mate, finding it hard to find something lower in N and higher in P and K from the local garden shops. Going to drop the ferts to once a week and maybe just supplement with pot ash which i think is high K. Going up the garden shop this morning have a chat and see what i can do. :peace:

howsit Dasher!

yeah it looks like you are getting something of 'over watering' prob there with the leavs.. this is just a guess tho! ime the tricky thing is identifying over-watering or under-watering as they can both have similar symptoms.. but it would seem clear you arent "under-watering!" :]

im not sure if you have seen the problem solver on the site but i'll just add it herre bro: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

got some good tips in thur.

apart from the minor burn appearing on the tips of your leaves the pic shows your overall appearance seems to be pretty balanced, no signs of deficiency or nute burn except for the aforementioned minor issue.. and this is all part of the fun of adapting to indoor growing ;] also learning what the strain we are growing likes... some, as you know, can take the heat and can be taken to the limit whereas others prefer something more moderate and subdued... just like women bro LOL and we all know how tricky that can be ;P *looks around to make sure the mrs didnt see that!* so yeah, i think this is a valuable sign of what this strain likes or can handle in the nute front and watering preference... but dont lose hope or stress out too much bro, all in all your ladies are looking bloody good :thumb:

ive got my fingers crossed too brother, hope you see your ladies responding well soon!

also, there are some options for plant foods from sog: Switched on Gardener

and some additives:Switched on Gardener

there are a heap of options at mitre10 too bro, a heap they dont show online, some really good nutes for vegetative AND flowering/fruiting.

all the best bro /|\

Glad you settled on an avatar. I was having trouble. Kept thinking it was a new person :blalol:

It looks like you need to back off the nutes a little. The 'claw' is another symptom of over fertilizing. They look healthy though, just stop increasing the nute strength. Don't worry if you're not following the recipe on the box. All that matters is that your ladies are happy :)

Alaska morbloom is 0-10-10. I've used it before. Its organic fish emulsion. They should have it at any greenhouse/nursery. I vegged a plant for 60 days flowered for 60 days and harvested 14oz dry with it. I've used it in conjunction with organic or synthetic ferts with no probs

I used to use that years ago outdoors and loved it, i'm going to see if its still available here, i do like the zero in the front and Bro that plant must have been awesome nearly a pounder :high-five:

howsit Dasher!

yeah it looks like you are getting something of 'over watering' prob there with the leavs.. this is just a guess tho! ime the tricky thing is identifying over-watering or under-watering as they can both have similar symptoms.. but it would seem clear you arent "under-watering!" :]

im not sure if you have seen the problem solver on the site but i'll just add it herre bro: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

got some good tips in thur.

apart from the minor burn appearing on the tips of your leaves the pic shows your overall appearance seems to be pretty balanced, no signs of deficiency or nute burn except for the aforementioned minor issue.. and this is all part of the fun of adapting to indoor growing ;] also learning what the strain we are growing likes... some, as you know, can take the heat and can be taken to the limit whereas others prefer something more moderate and subdued... just like women bro LOL and we all know how tricky that can be ;P *looks around to make sure the mrs didnt see that!* so yeah, i think this is a valuable sign of what this strain likes or can handle in the nute front and watering preference... but dont lose hope or stress out too much bro, all in all your ladies are looking bloody good :thumb:

ive got my fingers crossed too brother, hope you see your ladies responding well soon!

also, there are some options for plant foods from sog: Switched on Gardener

and some additives:Switched on Gardener

there are a heap of options at mitre10 too bro, a heap they dont show online, some really good nutes for vegetative AND flowering/fruiting.

all the best bro /|\

Hey there buddy im good thanks, luv the woman/plant analogy although i hope its easier to keep a plant happy or im screwed lol yeah the watering thing, they're running bone dry in two days and start to droop so they're not really getting a the chance of wet feet, i have to water the cream caramel more than the other two as she just uses more. They're looking good today things are coming along nicely now after the flush so im just going to back of the fert conc and just dose them once a week.
Actually went down to Mitre 10 had a chat and a look around first thing they ask you is "what are you growing" lol was looking for a bloom fert low in N ratio but couldn't find one low enough so ended up getting some Sulphate of Potash so im going to add just a little pinch of that in their fert on Sunday. Hopefully i'll get to SOG soon and i'll pick up my favourite Bloom Fert and some hash bags :high-five:

Cheers for checking in Alkhemist your posts are always informative with a splash of humour, luv it. Stay safe brother :peace:

Glad you settled on an avatar. I was having trouble. Kept thinking it was a new person :blalol:

It looks like you need to back off the nutes a little. The 'claw' is another symptom of over fertilizing. They look healthy though, just stop increasing the nute strength. Don't worry if you're not following the recipe on the box. All that matters is that your ladies are happy :)

Thanks Hiker will do, going to reduce the fert, i just want them to be happy too.
Appreciate you stopping in before you take off buddy, you have a great one :ciao:

Flowering room full now and have shut the veg room down as am getting more clones in for the next round.
I plan on watering the new plants 2ltrs each every wed and Sunday with ferts on Sundays starting next week.
Room temp is 27-29 during day and dropping to 16-17 overnight. RH around 50/55%

New Home @ 1200w HPS. Unknown/Ice Day 1 Flowering.
DSCN1260.gif

Cream Caramel between 2 Unknown/Ice.
DSCN1258.gif

Cream caramel Day 14 Flowering
DSCN1288.gif

Unknown/Ice Day 14 Flowering.
DSCN1281.gif

hey guys, quick update for journal

Flowering Room
Light Hrs 8am -8pm
Temps: 29 High 18 Low

?/Ice + Cream Caramel Day 16
RH 48-55%
2 1/2 ltrs Water
1/2 Strength Tomato Fert
2 Grams Sulfate of Potash

?/Ice Day 3
RH 38-45%
1 1/2 ltr Water
2 Grams Sulfate of Potash

hey bro!

your gurls are looking SWEEEET mate! :cheesygrinsmiley: that cream caramel looks like she's on a SUPER UPPER! loL everything is looking just great, your smaller gurls are all set and your ice/caramels are looking well recovered!

i just went back over your journal and somehow missed when you said you were gonna water with 1 3rd strength fert with every water?? did you do that in veg room AND flower space?? just curious... sounds like you got a good schedule down pat now bro.. and great to see you resolved your plant issues and seeing them pumping again :cheesygrinsmiley: what its all about right thur mate..

yeah i hear ya re the mitre10 "what are you growing?" thing LOL "uhm... tomatoes??" loL ;p i got all that jargon down now its funny.. even studied a bit of botany and looked into various orchid species to start conversations around growing tips, fertilization and feeding tips and schedules etc just to sound legit about my enquiries loL :p all in good fun :]

take care dude.. keep it green /|\

hey bro!

your gurls are looking SWEEEET mate! :cheesygrinsmiley: that cream caramel looks like she's on a SUPER UPPER! loL everything is looking just great, your smaller gurls are all set and your ice/caramels are looking well recovered!

i just went back over your journal and somehow missed when you said you were gonna water with 1 3rd strength fert with every water?? did you do that in veg room AND flower space?? just curious... sounds like you got a good schedule down pat now bro.. and great to see you resolved your plant issues and seeing them pumping again :cheesygrinsmiley: what its all about right thur mate..

yeah i hear ya re the mitre10 "what are you growing?" thing LOL "uhm... tomatoes??" loL ;p i got all that jargon down now its funny.. even studied a bit of botany and looked into various orchid species to start conversations around growing tips, fertilization and feeding tips and schedules etc just to sound legit about my enquiries loL :p all in good fun :]

take care dude.. keep it green /|\

Cream Caramel
Cream Caramel is a 90% indica cannabis strain created by the experts who crossed their popular East Indian varieties of BlueBlack, Maple Leaf Indica and White Rhino. It took a number of lab tests and five generations of selection to develop this new, absolutely unique strain, a very stable and productive, of intense flavour and with abundant resin, very adaptable to unfavourable conditions and environmental adversities (cold, drought, etc.), showing more consistency than any F1 hybrid. Feminized cannabis seeds of Cream Caramel are very easy to grow and manage. As they are all hand selected and properly tested, almost 100% of germination is guaranteed. Seedlings are strong and healthy, growing into short and bushy plants suitable for indoor and outdoor cultivation. Plants of Cream Caramel cannabis are very attractive, their dark green foliage often turns purple in early stage of maturing and makes a perfect back ground for big dense buds covered with white shiny crystals full of THC which is between 15% and 20%. It takes just 8 weeks for this marijuana variety to form and mature numerous bud sites which seem to fill any gaps they can find. The main scent of toffee flavoured coffee starts appearing during the early stage of maturing and is mixed with hints of Molotov's cocktail from the genetics of BlackBlue. This cannabis variety is ready for harvest already in the middle of September with an average of 550 gr per plant. Indoor plants produce the same amount but per m2. Cream Caramel is very popular between consumers of cannabis medical, since her she contains chemo types with high levels of THC and sufficient CBD to induce relaxation and act as an antidepressant.
hey there Brother/ New Daddy. :high-five: Thanks mate Cream Caramel looking really nice hopefully i can get them to thicken up to their potential can't get rid of the little leaf tip burn but maybe next grow i'll work that issue out.
The little girls are going off just pumping like their still in veg but starting to show little hairs around their tips so really happy with them.

lol yeah bro knocked the 1/3 fert every water on the head, so im watering 3/4 once a week now on the big girls. All the little ones have had is a couple of grams of potash on Sunday gone and i'll 1/2 strength fert them once a week for now. Got my watering down pat:slide: which i think is helping.

Orchids :rofl::rofl::rofl: well done!
i'm just spouting winter tomatoes at the guy at Mitre 10, I didn't really think about it before i went their so i wasn't prepared lol great fun alright.

Hope alls well with the new arrival and mrs bro !

Do you guys know that they make fake ass tomatoes to hang on weed plants? They look pretty good even at fifty yards!

My auntie would demand to taste them lol but not a dumb idea with nosey nieghbours and all you could put weights in them and do a little LST at the same time.

haha what?? thats such a good idea. any links to where i can find them?

Just googled "Fake Tomatoe" and you should see them they look so real, have to buy at least 500 tho lol

Do you guys know that they make fake ass tomatoes to hang on weed plants? They look pretty good even at fifty yards!

i didnt know that! LOL brilliant idea!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom