My First Journal, Kanno 26: I Will Grow 6 Critical Plants From Royal Queen Seeds

I would like to put it on the light and measure 40 cm from the light to the plants and as they grow, I will lift it with the light at the same time.
You can try it but I suggest you hang from the center of the light if that's what you're going to do. I have done that and any gauge is heavy enough to knock the light out of balance and make one end hang down lower than the other. Try the middle instead of an end and you should be fine.

I would like to put it on the light and measure 40 cm from the light to the plants and as they grow, I will lift it with the light at the same time.
That's a clever idea. A built in distance gage. I like it! :thumb:

But, as @Jon said, it's important not to unbalance the light panel.

Can you show a pic of the light so we can see what you're talking about?

That's a clever idea. A built in distance gage. I like it! :thumb:
That is a great second use for the hanging probe!

I have a question though, is this temp/humidity probe getting warmer than the air due to radiant heat from the light?
Maybe the IR and Far red leds might have some heating power?

One way to test this would be to make a small paper and tape conical 'lampshade' on the wire just above the probe so it never sees the overhead light.
There's a good test to do when you're bored!:rolleyes:

I have a question though, is this temp/humidity probe getting warmer than the air due to radiant heat from the light?

One way to test this would be to make a small paper and tape conical 'lampshade' on the wire just above the probe so it never sees the overhead light.
Another clever idea! I like that one too. :thumb:

Just have to make sure it's big enough to shade out the thermometer but not too big as to cut down on the light available to the plants too much.

Another clever idea! I like that one too. :thumb:

Just have to make sure it's big enough to shade out the thermometer but not too big as to cut down on the light available to the plants too much.
I've been trying to figure out a way to have the gauge right in the middle of the canopy facing directly up at the light since I first started growing, and short of killing buds to make space for it I still haven't figured out a way to do it so the plant isn't light compromised. Lol. I take a plain shower hook, like what you attach the shower curtain with, and attach twist tie to that as long as I need. The shower hook weighs zero and it'll hook onto the round ridge of the port up top. That's how the Apple Blossom one is. I also don't really want to hook anything to my lights. So it lands against a wall of the tent, granted, but it's at canopy height at least.

I've been trying to figure out a way to have the gauge right in the middle of the canopy facing directly up at the light since I first started growing, and short of killing buds to make space for it I still haven't figured out a way to do it so the plant isn't light compromised. Lol. I take a plain shower hook, like what you attach the shower curtain with, and attach twist tie to that as long as I need. The shower hook weighs zero and it'll hook onto the round ridge of the port up top. That's how the Apple Blossom one is. I also don't really want to hook anything to my lights. So it lands against a wall of the tent, granted, but it's at canopy height at least.
I do the same thing - against a wall but at top leaf height. I have a cabinet and hung a copper pipe across the back. I hang all kinds of things off it. :cool:

I do the same thing - against a wall but at top leaf height. I have a cabinet and hung a copper pipe across the back. I hang all kinds of things off it.:cool:
Must be nice.....:rofl:. I guess your setup is a bit more permanent than a tent, huh?

Must be nice.....:rofl:. I guess your setup is a bit more permanent than a tent, huh?
Tradeoffs, to be sure. Certainly looks nicer than a tent. But the height of my veg space is like 16".

Total footprint for both veg and flower is about 5 square feet. Flower above, veg below.

Tradeoffs, to be sure. Certainly looks nicer than a tent. But the height of my veg space is like 16".

Total footprint for both veg and flower is like 5 square feet. Flower above, veg below.
I'll stop asking cuz I don't wanna clog up Kanno's journal with our conversation (lol, thanks Kanno), but I gotta check you out more. Trellis gardening eh? I have a ton of interest. I'll message you.

Hi everyone, thanks for your suggestions and opinions, now I was in the garden and I went to solve the problem with the thermometer and I found that one plant stretched so that it finally leaned on the flower and otherwise the others look beautiful. So I made such a support and maybe it will help her. Don't you know why she did it even though there were around 520 ppfd? Here are some photos of what everything looks like and how I solved it, maybe it will be good;)

IMG_20220207_172936.jpg

IMG_20220207_173409.jpg

IMG_20220207_173404.jpg

IMG_20220207_172949.jpg

Hi everyone, thanks for your suggestions and opinions, now I was in the garden and I went to solve the problem with the thermometer and I found that one plant stretched so that it finally leaned on the flower and otherwise the others look beautiful. So I made such a support and maybe it will help her. Don't you know why she did it even though there were around 520 ppfd? Here are some photos of what everything looks like and how I solved it, maybe it will be good;)

IMG_20220207_172936.jpg

IMG_20220207_173409.jpg

IMG_20220207_173404.jpg

IMG_20220207_172949.jpg
Hi @Kanno26. Okay, that fix on the one that fell over is perfect. And to my eye it does appear you've stopped the stretch. Go by when the next set of leaves is coming out, not by the length of the stems. When you up pot these to the next pot, you can, with dry soil, bury half the stem. Just stay off it with the water for a week or so. That'll take care of the potential for that to rot your stem, which you will hear now many tell you is what will happen if you bury it. It's what people always say. It's not true. I've done it many times and never once had a stem rot. That's what I'd do personally in this case. You're in better shape than maybe you think, at least to my eye.

Hi @Kanno26. Okay, that fix on the one that fell over is perfect. And to my eye it does appear you've stopped the stretch. Go by when the next set of leaves is coming out, not by the length of the stems. When you up pot these to the next pot, you can, with dry soil, bury half the stem. Just stay off it with the water for a week or so. That'll take care of the potential for that to rot your stem, which you will hear now many tell you is what will happen if you bury it. It's what people always say. It's not true. I've done it many times and never once had a stem rot. That's what I'd do personally in this case. You're in better shape than maybe you think, at least to my eye.
Thanks to @Jon, it also occurred to me that I could bury her more, I tried a few times and nothing ever happened to me. So I'll see what happens next :D

Thanks for the tip, it's done so you can take a look. I think it worked.

Greetings fellow growers, I have 1 week today, although I don't know if I'm counting on the first day. Today I started for the first time with fertilizers to support the roots and the growth of PH I had 6.1 and they seem to be doing well, so we'll see what the first watering will do to them, hopefully they will benefit. Below are some photos. Thanks to everyone for your insight and for some advice;)

IMG_20220209_171722.jpg

IMG_20220209_171633.jpg

IMG_20220209_170741.jpg

Greetings fellow growers, I have 1 week today, although I don't know if I'm counting on the first day. Today I started for the first time with fertilizers to support the roots and the growth of PH I had 6.1 and they seem to be doing well, so we'll see what the first watering will do to them, hopefully they will benefit. Below are some photos. Thanks to everyone for your insight and for some advice;)

IMG_20220209_171722.jpg

IMG_20220209_171633.jpg

IMG_20220209_170741.jpg
Hey @Kanno26 hope you are well my friend.
You have to feed those ladies every day, as soon as leaves appear.
Remember that going forward.
Water with nutrients ever day at 5.8ph exactly its important.
Your going to water until you see it running out the bottom.
The babies.
Don't water the roots water around them until they fill the pot.
Which wot be long by the looks of them.
They are growing fast and vigorous, just starving.
Also you must put calmag in you feed water every time it goes in first.
Put in calmag and mix well wait a few minutes then put in nutrients then set ph last, always last to 5.8.
Also you should order some potassium silicate.
And I have a couple things you should add to your cocomif your interested.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @Kanno26 hope you are well my friend.
You have to feed those ladies every day, as soon as leaves appear.
Remember that going forward.
Water with nutrients ever day at 5.8ph exactly its important.
Your going to water until you see it running out the bottom.
The babies.
Don't water the roots water around them until they fill the pot.
Which wot be long by the looks of them.
They are growing fast and vigorous, just starving.
Also you must put calmag in you feed water every time it goes in first.
Put in calmag and mix well wait a few minutes then put in nutrients then set ph last, always last to 5.8.
Also you should order some potassium silicate.
And I have a couple things you should add to your cocomif your interested.

Stay safe
Bill
Hi @ Bill284, a week ago I poured them with just water with adjusted PH and now I let them dry to this day, in my fertilization plan the range is PH 5.5-6.4 so I did some Wednesday. I have never used Calmag, what is it good for and I have never used silicate? Thanks

Hi @ Bill284, a week ago I poured them with just water with adjusted PH and now I let them dry to this day, in my fertilization plan the range is PH 5.5-6.4 so I did some Wednesday. I have never used Calmag, what is it good for and I have never used silicate? Thanks
Ok you are in plain coco right.
It has to be kept wet with nutrients all the time.
No dry days and no more plain water.
Ph must be set at 5.8.
Coco drains mag from your ladies.
You must must supplement with calmag , you can order it on Zon.
Potassium silicate firms up the cell walls of your girls makes them healthier and stronger, firmer.
.5ml/l once a week is all you need.

Stay safe
Bill

Ok you are in plain coco right.
It has to be kept wet with nutrients all the time.
No dry days and no more plain water.
Ph must be set at 5.8.
Coco drains mag from your ladies.
You must must supplement with calmag , you can order it on Zon.
Potassium silicate firms up the cell walls of your girls makes them healthier and stronger, firmer.
.5ml/l once a week is all you need.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks @ Bill284, I'll try to see if I can get it thanks for the explanation. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom