My Intro and officially de-lurking

noobgrow1

Have been reading so much I have returned to cannabis after decades of abstaining. Currently on my first grow I began a new diet as close to whole food and plant based. After years of opioid pain meds I am hopeful I will be able to wean down more I am about 55 -60% down from where I was a year ago.

This is the first site that seems to have some great info on dosing and already I am hopeful about utilizing MMJ to dump my cabinet of pharmaceuticals & find what I need from cannabis. My state has medical use with probably the highest priced meds in the country so with so few dispensaries and all the red tape for medical cards I am opting to grow my own.

I am shocked to find all the stuff commercial growers will spray on what we consume. I still think our food supply is mistreated on a much worse scale but cannabis is not far behind hence the need for self sufficiency.

My interests are growing different strains & am searching for my perfect blends for a given medical issue. I suffer from Osteo Arthritis I have had 4 joints replaced to date the last surgeries have been horrific & what has sent me in search of what cannabis may be able to help me with.

I stopped smoking probably 30+ years ago due to bouts of paranoia, strangely enough I can get a bit paranoid now but no where near what I experienced in my late teen and very early 20's. Anyway I began following part of the opiate weaning protocol & have to admit I am amazed with the results! Having been on them now for over a decade maybe close to 2 decades the anxiety of withdrawal and real symptoms can be intense. But the small doses of cannabis really take the edge off all unpleasant reduced doses of pain pills.

Word to anyone else looking for pain relief go low and slow, can't stress it enough. The biggest helpful suggestion was to micro dose some cannabis EVERY time you take pain medication. It has helped a lot I am amazed at the effectiveness keeping withdrawal at bay.
I am working toward halving my dosage from 80-90mg daily to 40 mg daily. Will hold for a few weeks before dropping again.

As I really dislike smoke of any kind I use a vaporizer to decarb as we imbibe, but I would still would prefer to not have to vape even and stay w / edibles or Green Dragon. Once I get this first harvest I should be able to experiment & make some oils & hopefully pain patches and creams. It's a bit pricey to buy flower $300-$400 oz here so I am not so fast to experiment at such prices to make RSO.

I am glad to finally be posting everyone here has been so warm and helpful already. Now I hope someone in the growers forums can help me with my pests, first grow first pests. Also outside with my food! I have had a few tomatoes & peppers over the years this is the first time ever that I have had bugs killing my plants. I assume I brought home tomatoes that were already infested then I cross contaminated my tent.

I have like 6 weeks to finish so I am pretty bummed out. Hopefully I realize some harvest of quality bud before the bugs get my plants.

Welcome to 420 NG, looking forward to your first journal that we can follow. I'm sure you'll find plenty of like minded individuals here. Here's a link to help get you started.

Journals in Progress

Welcome noobgrow1. Sweet Sue has a thread called- "opiod tapering with cannabis-a regimen" You may want to check that out. Maybe somebody a little more computer savvy can help post the actual link. If not, just try the handy-dandy trusty 420 search engine. Works for most of the things i look for. Good luck with your tapering.

Welcome! Sounds like you have a plan and are on your way. My wife makes THC salve for friends and they swear by it...I hear your frustration with waiting for your crop to be finished! Many express the same here, thus you see a lot of "perpetual" grows where they are harvesting something new every month. Check out @Van Stank 's Perpetual Grow as an example.

:goodluck:

Thanks so much for the warmest of welcomes, having been a netizen predating the browsing experience the web today feels like watching commercial TV & most forums are filled with trolls. This site truly is a sanctuary no ads and the nicest welcome I have seen in quite a while!
Thanks again. My girls are starting to get all frosty! It's so exciting I hope I make it through this first flowering I have these white spots that I would swear are eggs but have only see maybe a gnat or two occasionally. I will post is a grow forum as soon as I can put the pics up.

No journal this time, I just tried the nutes from GH box. I am not impressed & switched to the 3 bottle pack from them. Only using the flower & micro at this point.

Have no idea what to expect with final weight hope to get close to a pound all total but having no experience growing I only know they are budding up and can see some frost!

AWESOME. Lets hope we get through the next 7-8 weeks think all said 8-10 week flower. I have one plant from bag seed and that one just started flowering before the light flip. Less frost on it but way more budding than the other WW & CBDutch Treat. I learned to not share 5 gallon pots again but I was just growing my plants like I would plant lettuce or tomatoes. Can't get the yield with two plants in a single coco pot.

The other two I transplanted and they have 25 gallons hence did much better so far. Anyone that can point me to stages of flowering ie: how much growth is possible in flower. I read last night that the last two weeks they take off. Really a lesson in patience. I do plan on continual grows but will stay with 2-3 plants.

I thought I would cut the runts when I popped my 5 beans. Then they did not look so bad, except one runt but all look like I will at least get maybe a couple ozs.

Just an honorable mention to SweetSue she was the second person to reach out after I posted on the weaning thread she helped me find the protocols. Can't say I am following exactly. I have to make up some more GD tincture eating ABV not the easiest dosage method for me.

Welcome NG 1. You have a great story and I am glad you found us. I'm a CBD Oil non smoker so my plan is to set up a Hydro DWC. I am pretty new here as well.

Welcome NG 1. You have a great story and I am glad you found us. I'm a CBD Oil non smoker so my plan is to set up a Hydro DWC. I am pretty new here as well.

Thanks MM & Sorry if heard a million times...Oh Magoo you've don it again! LOL I cant believe I recall that famous line. I had to verify first memory was just a bit off. Awesome handle BTW

Thanks MM & Sorry if heard a million times...Oh Magoo you've don it again! LOL I cant believe I recall that famous line. I had to verify first memory was just a bit off. Awesome handle BTW
Thanks bud. And actually, surprisingly I’ve only heard it a few times. Lol

How pleased am I that you've decided to step out and engage the community more broadly. :hug::hug::hug:

I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a small post on the opioid tapering thread to update your current tapering attempts and results. I believe the more breadcrumbs we leave the more members we'll help find their way home. :battingeyelashes: Please accentuate the importance of the partnered doses. I think a lot of patients read that advice and say "Yeah right! You don't live with my pain." You're walking proof that the advice is sound.

My blood kinda froze there when I read "white spots". Mites leave tiny white spots on the leaves as they mine out the chlorophyll. It's an easy thing to throw up a question thread or a small grow journal. Get some pictures to us so we can help you figure it out. We don't want you dealing with mites, but if you are you want to be aggressive from the start.

Back
Top Bottom