My new grow space

More than anything Joe, what Van is saying is that you must be ahead of the growth of your plant with your pot size. If you increase your Par levels on your plant, you're increasing her needs. As she needs more, she needs Pot space. I can go a maximum of 5 gallons in my space so I will have to veg appropriately. I don't plan on anything really longer than a 30-day veg, after they have spent 20 to 30 days in the cloning tent as well. Each time they will be up potted from a solo, to a 1-gallon, to a 5-gallon in my situation......of course this is for the Stank soil.
Here is my issue Joe. With the soil I created, I tested it on first run under good lights, not great and certainly not the most powerful. I got a baseline for what my soil would support in different pot sizes.

Now fast forward to this grow. I upgraded my lights to top of the line Fluence Spydrx Plus. I knew that the more powerful light was going to test the ability of my soil to support the growth the plant would see under the light. The issue I am running into is that I am running into a deficiency in smaller pots after 3 weeks. By smaller pots I mean 1 gallon pots. I was able to get about 4 weeks in 1 gallon pots under the old lights and then I would up pot to their final containers. I am not able to keep them in 1 gallon pots for 4 weeks with the new lights so that tells me that my intuition about the light testing the ability of the soil is correct.

So I need to figure out what deficiency is popping up and rectify it on future batches of soil. In the mean time, the solution in my soil is run in a bigger pot than you would under average lights. So now I am running in 2 gallon pots and seeing if I can get 4 weeks out of it before needing to up pot to its final container (5 gallons for males that i am harvesting pollen for, 7 gallons for strains with a flower time under 10 weeks and 10 gallon pots for strains with 10+ flower times). Keep in mind, I don't use nutes at all for feeding so my soil has to be able to support growth from start to finish. I do use Aerated Compost Teas for a little shot of extra stuff for the microbes in the soil and a tasty little snack for the plant, but thats it unless I see any sort of deficiency.

Huge day in the Cavallero camp today & Lord knows we could use the lift.
My ACMPR grow permit came in the mail today..... I've been waiting for 4 months. Seems kinda trivial but a huge load off my mind!

More than anything, I love to smoke. I love nothing more than sitting down at a table with my girlfriend after dinner with a cup of coffee and a joint and talking about the day. It's one of the reasons that dabs really don't do it for me, because the social aspect is kind of lost. If it's a social smoke, and something that won't want to make my girlfriend pass out then hell, I'm all for it.

What's it now Van, like day 3 of my cook lol. It's almost as bad as waiting for my plants to grow.....

Speaking of plants, and on the complete opposite side of the spectrum......my DWC girl got her res change last night. I notice a bit of upturned edges on her leaves but no tip burn. It's likely due to the PK last week. I'll post pics tonight....
Amen buddy I wish my wife was cannabis friendly it’s a sour topic every darn time .

Meh

I must be nicely medicated on pooper trolling 420 filling hot bath muscles sore hockey ice has been kicking my ass lol

Anyways running tug water on pooper zoned out for awhile then was like oh shit no pun intended lol popped head up saw tub water off? Wtf? Scratches head top ... following me still lol

Oh my gosh I don’t Remember turning the water off for the shot of me. Again I just did it again lol
More than anything Joe, what Van is saying is that you must be ahead of the growth of your plant with your pot size. If you increase your Par levels on your plant, you're increasing her needs. As she needs more, she needs Pot space. I can go a maximum of 5 gallons in my space so I will have to veg appropriately. I don't plan on anything really longer than a 30-day veg, after they have spent 20 to 30 days in the cloning tent as well. Each time they will be up potted from a solo, to a 1-gallon, to a 5-gallon in my situation......of course this is for the Stank soil.
makes sense great info going in here brotha

I always felt legal, til a traffic chopper hovered above my house lol. It's a big load off that's for sure.

So for clarity, my ACMPR grow permit took just shy of 4 months from the day I mailed it, to the day I got it back. The stupid thing is, it expires on Oct 16, 2018.....the day that the doctor signed my paperwork. That's almost 5 months off the face value of the permit......fkn gov't.....oh well!

Sooooo.....update time.

My cloning and seedling area.
I figured I would first start off by showing what I do to the bottom of my Solo cups to Aid in drainage. Pretty simple, take an exacto knife and cut three or four corners off the bottom of the cup to allow for water to drain.
Next a group shot of my potted clones. Just potted more up tonight.
And my cloner..... I am definitely finding that the Clones root better and have a much better chance of living when they are on the left side of the cloner where the bubbles are being created more extensively. I used to have them color coded, but that idea went the way of the dodo pretty quickly LOL.

FLOWER round 1- day 35
A group thought of the girls, sorry it's so dark..... You know the drill.
Up close, Crown Royale
Up close, soil white cookies

Veg tent - day 7
Girls are doing well. Now on full strength nutrients. The neglected leaves that I created by allowing a few of them to dry out while they were in seedling stage has all but disappeared. I have done some slight training to allow lower nodes to get some more light. Also fed my DWC Crown Royale tonight as she was only on Calmag for her first bucket.......things are looking good in here.
My ATF in the back right corner is presently being tested to see if it's a male or female. Once again, I used my cloner to create roots on a cutting. Then I will flip it to flower where I will leave it for 5 or 6 days to see if any pre flowers show up?

That's all for last night.....today.
Have a great day 420!

Clones looking fantastic
Thanks Penny, everybody is really stoked about getting the permit yesterday....... We're all standing to attention in happiness LOL.

My permit took same timeline, I sent my renewal, for April, in January and still have not obtained it. Thiers only two weeks left and I have this room full of buds...now do you think the expired permit works?
Funny thing, when I fly I bring a photocopy of it as it's all I have to prove I'm using med. And I can carry a jar with me lol. Also, if airport security pulls me into inspection of said jar, the security manager lectures the person who put me aside to say come on these people dont need the hassle let them go through. Some airports are better than others that being said it's f so cool to being meds with you! Btw, I take it carry on, I've had too much MJ lost in baggage over the years.
I'm so jealous of the clones! Nice work Guy
Cheers
:goodjob::peace:

Wait a minute, that's pretty sick..... so your permit allows you to fly internationally with marijuana in your carry-on? That doesn't seem right but it seems pretty awesome all at the same time lol.

The expired permit has to be still okay, it's only due to backlog that I'm sure this is happening.

Lowded are you in Ontario...do you need clones?

No I'm out in the wild west. As soon as I get a pump I'm making something like you have. I can't wait!! That thing looks awesome.
You know what brother......i made one too...earlier on. A bigger one. I followed an idea and it came out pretty good. Turned out to be too big to easily get around and just as expensive to build as the one I purchased. If it were me, I'd order one in a heartbeat over a built one...... and Im handy lol. If you do decide to do a spray head type, over a pump style.....get a bigger pump for sure if using 1/2"cpvc pipe, like 200-300gph for sure. Or run your spray head lines directly off a small 60-70gph pump with smaller diameter hose like 1/4"......i just had early pressure issues, that seemed like a good fix.

Looking awesome. Those fans are covered in sugar!!! Made me smile!
Thanks brother. Going into week 5 now.....now hopefully it's time to fatten up. This is where my week 3 feeding of pk 13/14 should start to be more obvious.

Back
Top Bottom