My New Grow

Salty2

I began both of these two plants in a homemade cfl grow box. they began to become quite smelly so i was forced to move them outside where i planted them in the ground with some miracle grow potting soil. its may 8th and they have been outside for about a week not and some strange things are happening too them.

began flowering this one just as an experiment in a pc grow box. didnt even know it worked until after i planted it outside and i came outside one day to see the begining of this little bud. and clearly its a little chilly up here in massachusetts as the bud turned purple. but anyways im not sure why the top few leaves have been turned white..... i read somewhere that they were bleached cause water left on the leaves. lately it has been somewhat rainy so that could be it. but please voice your opinion all are more than welcomed
photo_44_3.JPG

Also on the same plant this lower leaf has some discoloring.... is that normal or is it a deffiencey?
photo_48_1.JPG

On my other plant which i didn't put into flower there are a lot of leaves curling upward and some brown coloring on the edges of the leaves. havent seen much growth in this one at all in the last week or so since i put it outside
photo_49_1.JPG

by the way its around 50 degrees up here if that matters

It can affect your yield, most pot plants thrive between 70 degrees and 90

by the way its around 50 degrees up here if that matters
is that temp at nite also I have read that when they get cold the stem will have purple streaks or just turn purple. 50 sounds kinda cool so maybe you want to make a cold frame for them.i grow indoors so I may not have all the answers you need. I also live in a cold climate and my artichokes get white leaves when it frosts and were you live it may be a bit to early without covering. just my opinion:goodluck:

hi, welcome to 420, im growing indoors and during the colder days i was getting temps around 50, it really stunted plant growth and stopped them growing, another thing that stunts growth is to much water, so if the ground is water logged then this damages the roots and can cause root rot in most cases, the edges of the leaves usually curl up if its hot but as your having cold issues id say its a root problem, are you using any nutes in the soil, it may be that where you have planted it has bad soil with little benefit for the plants so try adding nutes at half strenght, but with the temps that cold the plants will struggle to grow, and if the ground is soaked and dont dry out then this will cause problems, the ground needs to dry out so the roots get some oxygen out the ground, if the gorund is water logged then this will cause you loads of problems,

it might be worth building some kind of frame to cover the plants, a kind of home made green house, build something out of wood or plastic then cover it with cling film to creat a cover over the top and sides, poke some holes in it to get the air moving, this should bring the temps up slightly and give the plants a better chance of surviving, but with temps that low the plant will really strugge to grow at all

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!
:420:

Back
Top Bottom