My seedling has small white spots - Please help

circaura

spots13.jpg

Okay so I noticed these small white spots on 3 of my seedlings and I'm not sure what's causing them, or if they are even something I should be worried about.
I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, watering with distilled water ph'd to 6.0 about 2-3 inches under a 250 watt CFL. They haven't gotten any nutrients yet. They're about 6 days old, and I gave them their first watering today, up until today I was only keeping the top of the soil moist with a spray bottle.
I've heard that Ocean Forest soil can be too hot for seedlings, would that cause these spots??
Thank you for the help!

Can't quite tell what it is. Is it on the leaf or in the leaf? If that makes sense... Lol. It looks like a little salt residue, but it could just be juices excreted from the colydon or seed (embryonic type) juice. To be honest I don't know. Hope you find your answer here on the great cannabis information centre

Can't quite tell what it is. Is it on the leaf or in the leaf? If that makes sense... Lol. It looks like a little salt residue, but it could just be juices excreted from the colydon or seed (embryonic type) juice. To be honest I don't know. Hope you find your answer here on the great cannabis information centre

Could definitely be salt residue, I'm a first time grower so I'm super noob. I was thinking might he wpm, I wiped it all off with a damp q tip, and it came back slightly on one of the seedlings today. I took steps to lower my rh, and turned an extra fan on, so we will see what happens. Thanks for the response!

FFOF is pretty hot for a seedling and 6.0 is to low for soil. I always aim for 6.5. Looks like the spots are from the water solution
you are using to feed. Could be what ever you are using to PH.

FFOF is pretty hot for a seedling and 6.0 is to low for soil. I always aim for 6.5. Looks like the spots are from the water solution

I've been noticing the same thing. My ph is more towards 6.5 to 7 but do you have any suggestions on something simple to start in other than ffof? Is happy from just as hot? When can the girls take on ffof?

I use FF light warrior for mine but any general purpose potting soil accept for miracle grow will work. Your seedlings will be fine.
Just be sure to let the dry out between watering's as that's when they grow the most.

The ph of the soil is 6.5, I'm watering with 6.0 ph water with plant grade ph buffer, but I've come to the conclusion that it was just residue from the water or something. Since I wiped it off it hasn't come back, and the clones that I have in the same tent aren't showing any signs of WPM. Thank you for the tip on FFOF though, I hadn't realized it was too hot until I already paid for it. I'll be using something different next time I plant seeds.

When should they be able to handle ffof? Or do you use light warrior the entire time? Not sure if my hydro store has little
Lw.

I personally will take it out of the solo cup after 2 weeks and put in FFOF cut with about 25% rinsed perlite and about 1 TBSP of dolomite lime per gallon of soil. By the way when I say 2 weeks I mean after sprouting.

Back
Top Bottom