My seedlings seem to have stopped growing?

NewBee157

My seedlings sprouted on 5/27 and 5/29 both seemed to be doing well until the other the extraction fan stopped working due to the plug falling out due to the weight of the cord .. Next day i noticed the tips of the leaves on one of the plants were turning yellow . Since then there has been no new growth at all no new leaves sprouting of increase in height they seem to be just sitting there not doing much of anything
water ph 6.8 Mars Hydro Ts 600 x2 at 24 inches Sio; is Pro Mix premium Organic 1 bag mixed with one bag of Black Cow Compost /Manure and some Perlite ... This is my first grow and I have done a lot of research but I'm not Expert .... Any help would be greatly appreciated ..Oh the seeds are autos called Auto Hindu Light.. Thanks for any help !!!
20230607_093114.jpg

20230607_093050.jpg

20230607_093028.jpg

20230607_092925.jpg

20230607_093016.jpg

They look healthy and strong to me. They’re in larger containers so the roots are currently establishing themselves. Autos also tend to have a point when they’re younger where they seem to stop growing but then begin exploding with growth soon after. This is likely due to the roots establishing in the container and anchoring the plant for the growth to come. A lot has to occur in a shorter time frame for autos so a pause in above ground growth while the below ground establishes isn’t surprising.

@Grand Daddy Black can weigh in, he’s grown some of the best autos I’ve seen. @farside05 has as well.

My seedlings sprouted on 5/27 and 5/29 both seemed to be doing well until the other the extraction fan stopped working due to the plug falling out due to the weight of the cord .. Next day i noticed the tips of the leaves on one of the plants were turning yellow . Since then there has been no new growth at all no new leaves sprouting of increase in height they seem to be just sitting there not doing much of anything
water ph 6.8 Mars Hydro Ts 600 x2 at 24 inches Sio; is Pro Mix premium Organic 1 bag mixed with one bag of Black Cow Compost /Manure and some Perlite ... This is my first grow and I have done a lot of research but I'm not Expert .... Any help would be greatly appreciated ..Oh the seeds are autos called Auto Hindu Light.. Thanks for any help !!!
20230607_093114.jpg

20230607_093050.jpg

20230607_093028.jpg

20230607_092925.jpg

20230607_093016.jpg
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Your girls look fine, healthy.
Don't frett they are growing roots as stated above.
Here are my seedlings 6/1 about the same age.

PSX_20230607_024505.jpg

PSX_20230607_024314.jpg

I use solo cups to build a root ball.
I find it helps root growth.
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link

Happy Growing. :yahoo: :passitleft:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Your girls look fine, healthy.
Don't frett they are growing roots as stated above.
Here are my seedlings 6/1 about the same age.

PSX_20230607_024505.jpg

PSX_20230607_024314.jpg

I use solo cups to build a root ball.
I find it helps root growth.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Hi Bill - Yep, my Blue Dream & Chocolate Chunk look just like that, same age

Tell us more about the watering schedule you have going. It is possible that you are putting on too much water too often. I see gree n algae starting to grow in one of the photographs.
Dont really have a schedule was using the stick a finger in it method . Since this started I have now been giving them a lot of water have been letting them dry out .. because of the yellow leave tips on one plant . Kinda looked it up and said Over / Underwatering Like i said am a newbie and have no Idea , Just getting my feet wet . Have to start somewhere. LoL . These were taken just now ... Thanks Again ...

20230607_124926.jpg

20230607_124920.jpg

20230607_124855.jpg

20230607_124906.jpg

They just look like young plants in large containers. It’s gonna take it longer to get going than if it was in a smaller container like a solo cup. Less space for the roots to travel before they can begin forming and filling out their root ball/system means they’ll grow quicker. However, starting in a final container is just fine as long as you water properly. Check out @Emilya Green thread on how to properly water a plant in a container and its final container for a lot of useful basic tips.

Can anyone give me an idea as to why the very tips of the leaves are turning yellow yesterday only one was showing that now both are you can see it in the pics on one of them
Because your new roots are drowning in all of that water and are having trouble getting nutrients. The best thing you could do now for your plants is stop watering them for at least a week, maybe 10 days, and after that, water in a way that teases out new roots.

20230607_093114.jpg

20230607_093050.jpg

20230607_093028.jpg

20230607_092925.jpg

20230607_093016.jpg
check ph

Dont really have a schedule was using the stick a finger in it method . Since this started I have now been giving them a lot of water have been letting them dry out .. because of the yellow leave tips on one plant . Kinda looked it up and said Over / Underwatering Like i said am a newbie and have no Idea , Just getting my feet wet . Have to start somewhere. LoL . These were taken just now ... Thanks Again ...

20230607_124926.jpg

20230607_124920.jpg

20230607_124855.jpg

20230607_124906.jpg
Important question.... do you have several drainage holes in the bottom of these containers?

important point... the sticking the finger in the top to tell if you need to water, does not work with this weed. This plant needs you to dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings but your finger only tells you what is going on in the top 2 inches. The lift the container method to feel the water weight is a much more reliable method to tell when to water next, and a dipstick or water probe will work too.

Is there a way to go back and edit something after posting
There is such a thing.

The option of being able to edit a post is only available for a limited amount of time, several hours or so if I remember right.

The next message you post look around that msg for the "edit" word. I am using a desk-top computer so I see the word right at the bottom of the msg. People using a phone might find it somewhere else but it is there, somewhere.

When the word or button is clicked that one msg goes back into the editor mode. Changes can be made and when done click on the Save button. Or, if you decide not to make any changes click on the Cancel button.

There is such a thing.

The option of being able to edit a post is only available for a limited amount of time, several hours or so if I remember right.

The next message you post look around that msg for the "edit" word. I am using a desk-top computer so I see the word right at the bottom of the msg. People using a phone might find it somewhere else but it is there, somewhere.

When the word or button is clicked that one msg goes back into the editor mode. Changes can be made and when done click on the Save button. Or, if you decide not to make any changes click on the Cancel button.
Yes I did see that but it would only let me edit the Title bar of the post 'Maybe it had timed out

Important question.... do you have several drainage holes in the bottom of these containers?

important point... the sticking the finger in the top to tell if you need to water, does not work with this weed. This plant needs you to dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings but your finger only tells you what is going on in the top 2 inches. The lift the container method to feel the water weight is a much more reliable method to tell when to water next, and a dipstick or water probe will work too.
Yes at the bottom there are four holes an inch wide by like 3/4 high . And also half way up the bucket there are two more holes the same size 180 to each other with a screen on the inside to keep the dirt in . read up on fabric Pots and how the roots needed to get air so thats what i came up with .. No big garden supply places in my area everything has to be ordered and they were not cheap..The buckets were.

Back
Top Bottom