My seedlings seem to have stopped growing?

don't run autos if you are new. they don't give you enough latitude to work with if something goes sideways. go with photos until you have a bit more experience dealing with the plant. something always gets messed up on the first few grows.

it's gonna be awfully hard to save the grow with thrips and a prematurely flowering and stressed set of autos.

if you run photos you can buy a lot of time for us to help and you will have far greater success.

don't run autos if you are new. they don't give you enough latitude to work with if something goes sideways. go with photos until you have a bit more experience dealing with the plant. something always gets messed up on the first few grows.

it's gonna be awfully hard to save the grow with thrips and a prematurely flowering and stressed set of autos.

if you run photos you can buy a lot of time for us to help and you will have far greater success.
I’m still gunshy of Auto’s and I’m not in a hurry to try them again but still some members are growing some amazing Autos. CL🍀

I grew cannabis for 5 years (gardened for 10) before I even considered an auto.. @Grand Daddy Black and @farside05 are the only reason I decided to look at them again. Seeing what can be pulled off when done correctly is impressive.

I go in backyards for my job and I’ve seen so many autos fail/underwhelm even in the ground. I’m constantly recommending this site to people lol. To be fair though they start firing off a thousand questions when I comment on their plants so I just direct them here 😂

I go in backyards for my job and I’ve seen so many autos fail/underwhelm even in the ground. I’m constantly recommending this site to people lol. To be fair though they start firing off a thousand questions when I comment on their plants so I just direct them here

to be fair that's a great idea. :)

I have bad news for you. I'm pretty sure that I can see the thrips from here, some in every picture. You are being eaten. I suggest some SNS-203 immediately.
Yep, it does resemble a thrip damage pattern.
1687357194572.png

I have bad news for you. I'm pretty sure that I can see the thrips from here, some in every picture. You are being eaten. I suggest some SNS-203 immediately.
Well this morning I went an got some Capt Jacks Neem Max After looking over all three plants and not finding any Tripe's or any other bugs with a magnifying glass, I went over them three times did not find anything. Looking at the pics i posted I think what you may have seen as a thrips is from the Pro Mix the fan blows it all around the tent. The leaves look better today Can't post pics now there sleeping will wake at 6 pm and will post then. I did however spray the one plant that was spotting with the Capt Jacks. I guess we will see how it goes did not want to spray all Three of them in case something else goes south would rather lose one than all 3 will post pics up later.. Thanks Again !!!

Ok so here are all 3 plants just now the one with the leave spots does not have Thrips or bugs. Sprayed with Captain Jacks Neem Max This morning .. I have no clue as to what is going on the other plants look just fine . Checked all 3 for bugs of any kind this morning . So what should I do with these tiny little Hindu light Autos now they have gone into flower at 21 days ... What a frigging joke, should I just call it quits and yank them and put them where they belong. Not to sure about the seeds that were sold to me they were a nightmare from the start.. Was pretty cool with this but with these seeds it was something new every day. Not to sure of the genetics of them ... What should I do Now ?? the bushy plant is the Photo Acapulco gold it's Kicking ass.. Kind really pissed right now ...

20230620_224551.jpg

20230620_224559.jpg

20230621_175558.jpg

20230621_175618.jpg

20230621_175621.jpg

20230621_175627.jpg

20230621_175633.jpg

Hey NewBee,

Any that are showing the little white hairs (stigmas) at the top... yes, they are already starting to flower. Not much sense in keeping them.

I very much agree with bluter...

I'd say start over with some good photoperiod seed, and you can pick our brains for ideas of what and where to buy the seed. Or...

This is the Acapulco Gold photo? She's lookin' good! One idea would be to take clone cuttings when she's big enough and then, boom, you've got more plants! Cloning is surprisingly easy... see the link in my signature.
1687386714994.png

Please remind us... what soil is this plant in now, and what if anything are you feeding her?

happy growing! 🪴

Hey NewBee,

Any that are showing the little white hairs (stigmas) at the top... yes, they are already starting to flower. Not much sense in keeping them.

I very much agree with bluter...

I'd say start over with some good photoperiod seed, and you can pick our brains for ideas of what and where to buy the seed. Or...

This is the Acapulco Gold photo? She's lookin' good! One idea would be to take clone cuttings when she's big enough and then, boom, you've got more plants! Cloning is surprisingly easy... see the link in my signature.
1687386714994.png

Please remind us... what soil is this plant in now, and what if anything are you feeding her?

happy growing! 🪴
Its in Pro Mix Organic with added perlite feeding with Ph Perfect Micro Grow and Bloom

I have never been a fan of people telling a poster that their grow is toast and it would be best to just start over, following their sage advice of course, on the next run.

I know that there is this notion out there that the first few flickers of pistils means that the Auto plant is now in full blown bloom. Call me a skeptic. I think there is still a lot of good growth in this plant and that it is still going to provide some product and loads of experience by letting it continue on for another month and a half. What is there to lose other than a little temporary garden space and time? Even if it has started yesterday to begin blooming, every time a plant transitions into bloom it will still have a couple of weeks of stretch ahead of it, and plenty more growth ahead on the top and in the roots.

Please let me rock this boat and have a contrary opinion in this matter. I say keep going, just to see how big you can make this girl get.

I have never been a fan of people telling a poster that their grow is toast and it would be best to just start over, following their sage advice of course, on the next run.

I know that there is this notion out there that the first few flickers of pistils means that the Auto plant is now in full blown bloom. Call me a skeptic. I think there is still a lot of good growth in this plant and that it is still going to provide some product and loads of experience by letting it continue on for another month and a half. What is there to lose other than a little temporary garden space and time? Even if it has started yesterday to begin blooming, every time a plant transitions into bloom it will still have a couple of weeks of stretch ahead of it, and plenty more growth ahead on the top and in the roots.

Please let me rock this boat and have a contrary opinion in this matter. I say keep going, just to see how big you can make this girl get.
I guess some bud is much better than NO bud :blunt::lot-o-toke:

Maybe one of our sponsors has a product he could spray it with?! 🤣

Emilya, according to your sage experience, have you ever grown an auto and had it look like this – with a few flickers of pistils this early – and had it turn out to be "worth it"? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I know that there is this notion out there that the first few flickers of pistils means that the Auto plant is now in full blown bloom. Call me a skeptic.
It's the signal that the plant is going into flowering phase. Help me out here folks. Isn't this the classic look of the infamous "stunted auto"?

I think there is still a lot of good growth in this plant and that it is still going to provide some product and loads of experience by letting it continue on for another month and a half. What is there to lose other than a little temporary garden space and time? Even if it has started yesterday to begin blooming, every time a plant transitions into bloom it will still have a couple of weeks of stretch ahead of it, and plenty more growth ahead on the top and in the roots.

Yeah, just the attention to water it, feed it, etc.

Maybe one of our sponsors has a product he could spray it with?! 🤣

Emilya, according to your sage experience, have you ever grown an auto and had it look like this – with a few flickers of pistils this early – and had it turn out to be "worth it"? Inquiring minds would like to know.

It's the signal that the plant is going into flowering phase. Help me out here folks. Isn't this the classic look of the infamous "stunted auto"?

Yeah, just the attention to water it, feed it, etc.
lol, slam acknowledged... I have only grown one auto so far, and I got over 5 oz dry from her. But, I have seen hundreds of autos, especially stunted autos, on this forum. So would it be "worth it"? Maybe not in your book... but maybe our OP would appreciate any product they created from nothing. The experience would be priceless. Maybe, like me, after this experience they will swear off Autos and only go with regulars from now on. My sage (?) advice here? Continue to grow this one out, but also start some photos now for comparison.

lol, slam acknowledged... I have only grown one auto so far, and I got over 5 oz dry from her. But, I have seen hundreds of autos, especially stunted autos, on this forum. So would it be "worth it"? Maybe not in your book... but maybe our OP would appreciate any product they created from nothing. The experience would be priceless. Maybe, like me, after this experience they will swear off Autos and only go with regulars from now on. My sage (?) advice here? Continue to grow this one out, but also start some photos now for comparison.
maybe. it's up to the OP, who, given our collective illustrious input is now qualified to make a choice. ;)

Hey NewBee,

Agree you will learn more by trying to keep them alive… but know that autos are easy to stunt whereas photoperiods will bounce back and keep on trucking. At any rate it’s still a coin toss, those puppies may jump up and grow, but I’d move forward too and not pin all my hopes on autos.

For sure keep growing it out to the bitter end but I’d also drop some feminized photoperiod beans asap.

It’s ok to screw the pooch, been there, done that, got the t-shirt cuz I still can‘t grow a dang auto. Seriously I stunt or stall them every time, but defs move forward and don’t let a runt take up your prime real estate under the light. Fem photos are the way to go

welcome aboard!

Personally I would also grow it out. Maybe throw some cheap top dressing it’s way if resources are a concern. The experience you will get from even a bad grow is better than none at all. If nothing else you’ll learn what trouble looks like and you’ll learn how much punishment the plant can take.

Watch what flowering looks like and where the buds actually grow from. This will make training and pruning much easier. Observe how it changes hormonally.

I also recommend if you’re unfamiliar with roots and how they grow, dissecting the root ball after you’re finished. Take it out, look at it, wash the roots off and just get a visual on your below ground growth. This way you’ll have a mental image of what’s going on below the line.

Take the plant apart branch by branch. Look inside at the xylem and phloem. Feel the leaves, check out their veins. Look at the crown near the soil level.

I learn well from books but I learn the best from hands on experience. Even failures are valuable to me. Now, if you’re spending hundreds of dollars in electricity and nutrients to keep this single plant alive it most certainly won’t be worth it but if you’re real low cost, it can’t hurt.

Well this is the same plant that was all eaten looking the other day. Now it seem to have had a good kick in the ass from somewhere ... LoL don't ask me I don't have a clue. gave it some water today and a little spray ...Fake Rain LoL

20230622_190707.jpg

20230622_190714.jpg

Personally I would also grow it out. Maybe throw some cheap top dressing it’s way if resources are a concern. The experience you will get from even a bad grow is better than none at all. If nothing else you’ll learn what trouble looks like and you’ll learn how much punishment the plant can take.

Watch what flowering looks like and where the buds actually grow from. This will make training and pruning much easier. Observe how it changes hormonally.

I also recommend if you’re unfamiliar with roots and how they grow, dissecting the root ball after you’re finished. Take it out, look at it, wash the roots off and just get a visual on your below ground growth. This way you’ll have a mental image of what’s going on below the line.

Take the plant apart branch by branch. Look inside at the xylem and phloem. Feel the leaves, check out their veins. Look at the crown near the soil level.

I learn well from books but I learn the best from hands on experience. Even failures are valuable to me. Now, if you’re spending hundreds of dollars in electricity and nutrients to keep this single plant alive it most certainly won’t be worth it but if you’re real low cost, it can’t hurt.
Two by four grow tent shoved where my closet used to be. A Mars Hydro Tl 2000 and a few fans. Real high dollar set up, And most of my grow pots I picked up a a close out sale for Dirt Cheap ... Oh and some nutes and Ph Down as my tap Water runs 9.0. And some chicken wire so I can leave the tent open for heat control and keep the Cat out of it he likes the dirt 😿😾

Its in Pro Mix Organic with added perlite feeding with Ph Perfect Micro Grow and Bloom

which promix organic did you use ? there's a few. wondering if maybe something is nute related. still leaning to a pest like @Emilya Green suggested, but there could be something else. it does look better, and if it is a pest i would expect it to spread by now.

I guess some bud is much better than NO bud

the experience is still worth the price of admission.

Back
Top Bottom